The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rangel

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    \
    And all that cash in the freezer? Certainly, I'd expect large sums of cash legally acquired would be safer in a bank? Nobody seems to be taking about that anymore.
    Wasn't that the esteemed representative from Louisiana with the money bag and 80k in the freezer?

Just a personal side note....when my divorce was pending, neither my (now) ex or I were living in our house. I was making 100% of the mortgage payments (because she never worked and didn't have a dime except 1/2 of my pay that I pre-emptively decided to pay.

The judge ruled that if I lived in the house, not only would she get alimony, and I would have to pay the mortgage, but I would have to pay her 50% of the fair market rent value each month!!!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

And all that cash in the freezer? Certainly, I'd expect large sums of cash legally acquired would be safer in a bank? Nobody seems to be taking about that anymore.

Are you talking about Rangel???
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Seems that while Rangel was not found guility of "tax fraud", the committee did find him guilty of "failure to report income to the IRS". I thought that was normally considered fraud ...

They that had correspondence directing that money from the condo rentals should be deposited to his personal account. I'm sure he doesn't do his own tax returns, so that would mean he didn't give that information to his tax preparer.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Are you talking about Rangel???
    Sorry, Buzz ... confused him with Jefferson.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Banned

Seems that while Rangel was not found guility of "tax fraud", the committee did find him guilty of "failure to report income to the IRS". I thought that was normally considered fraud ...

They that had correspondence directing that money from the condo rentals should be deposited to his personal account. I'm sure he doesn't do his own tax returns, so that would mean he didn't give that information to his tax preparer.
    look at all the other tax cheats in positions of power in The Apologists' administration, and look at their history of avoidance of prosecuting blacks for crimes - and you are surprised there are no legal proceedings, only internal? The Apologist and Eric Holder will never let Rangel get prosecuted.

absolutely no surprise to me. he's their kind of man!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    was it ever reported if the guys got their limit on birds......
    Good one LOL

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    BTW--Genius:

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/11...Clink4%7C25713

The Congressional commitee forgot to ask your advice first!!

RK
    Is this directed at me? I was aware of their decision before I posted and the description of the charges in the story you linked is consistent with what I described. Nothing in the charges constitutes a crime.

Also, Rangel has never been President but being a President doesn't create new rules for such activities. Politicians have been putting their names on things for years. Being President just makes it easier.

Banned

It's Gee Dub's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Changing somebody quoted text, is telling a lie. Notice how I made the same point just before you, without lying.
    In fact I bet you had to google Mary Jo just to see what I was talking about because there is no way you could spell
    The name of the river on your own!
    Why the hate, jackball? You made the same point 4 minutes before me. Did it ever occur to your maple syrup laden head that I was typing while you posted? I fixed your spelling mistakes, genius. How is it lying if I say I changed it and bolded it so there is no guessing?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    Why the hate, jackball? You made the same point 4 minutes before me. Did it ever occur to your maple syrup laden head that I was typing while you posted? I fixed your spelling mistakes, genius. How is it lying if I say I changed it and bolded it so there is no guessing?
    I haven’t put my finger on it, it’s just a first impression thing.
    You just seem to chafe my satchel. Thank you for the spell check, I type fast and freehand.
    ‘speshaly when thoughts are a flowin’. I still maintain you had to google Mary Jo
    ‘cause if I can’t spell Chappaquiddick, you can’t spell Chappaquiddick!!!!

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin