The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Bobby Jindal Interview ... on air now

Default Bobby Jindal Interview ... on air now

Michael Medved will be interviewing Bobby Jindal on his show starting after the present commercial ...

You can listen on your computer
    http://den-a.plr.liquidcompass.net/p...TOWNIR&uid=165

Today Medved has been receiving calls about whether listeners think Obama can win re-election in 2012. Even many who support Obama think he cannot win re-election (interesting).
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Thanks, I'm listening now.

Other than promoting his new book, he has reaffirmend;

He is not running for President.
    He is focused on balancing the state budget.
    Current FED administration didn't know how to handle the oil leak.

Medev brought up Jindal's high ranking by the CATO Institute.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

I also liked what he had to say about his immigrant roots.

By 2016, I think he might make a very viable Presidential candidate.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I also liked what he had to say about his immigrant roots.

By 2016, I think he might make a very viable Presidential candidate.

While I agree with you on his POTUS qualities, might want to make that 2020 - The person beating Obongo is going to do an 8 year stint - as long as he's an R & not some bozo described by the Progressives on this forum.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Problem would be that so far nobody has come up with an R name that sounds like it could really beat Obama in 2012.

The only names mentioned on Medved today were Romney and Pawlenty. I'm not sure either one could win. Looking at the recent elections, it simply amazed me that certain Ds (like Reid & Pelosi) could still win re-election. Granted, Reid had a weak opponent ... with the campaigning that goes on for a Pres election, it would take a really popular (let's hope that also means competent) R to beat an incumbent.

Also mentioned regarding these elections, where the minority vote turned out, especially African-American, the Ds did okay. I'd imagine that those minority voters will turn out more strongly for a Pres election.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Problem would be that so far nobody has come up with an R name that sounds like it could really beat Obama in 2012.

The only names mentioned on Medved today were Romney and Pawlenty. I'm not sure either one could win. Looking at the recent elections, it simply amazed me that certain Ds (like Reid & Pelosi) could still win re-election. Granted, Reid had a weak opponent ... with the campaigning that goes on for a Pres election, it would take a really popular (let's hope that also means competent) R to beat an incumbent.

Also mentioned regarding these elections, where the minority vote turned out, especially African-American, the Ds did okay. I'd imagine that those minority voters will turn out more strongly for a Pres election.
    GOP is going to have to come up with a platform that appeals to women and moderates if they are going to stand a chance of winning. Something they haven't been able to do in the past.

Looks like primetime for an Independent with both parties appearing enemic.
    Last edited by Franco; 11-16-2010 at 08:13 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Let's hope!

Both parties say they're against irresponsible spending...yet look at the mess we're in! Time to give someone else a chance.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Let's hope!

Both parties say they're against irresponsible spending...yet look at the mess we're in! Time to give someone else a chance.
    exactly! like the tea party!

I think it would be just as hard to find a strong Independent candidate as a strong R candidate.

Ross Perot was the one Ind candidate that came closest to competing with the two major party candidates. $ was a factor, too. Perot had a lot of $ to put into his campaign. I heard more than one person who very much liked Perot say that they probably wouldn't vote for him because it would be a "wasted" vote because he couldn't possibly win ... could only "weaken" their next-best choice of the remaining candidates.

How does the Independent "party" come up with a platform? Or is it just the platform of the candidate?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com