The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: She is Coming.......

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Unfortunately, 2nd term presidents are so entrenched that ousting by their own party is impossible. I can't think of an example of it ever happening.
    1968- Lyndon B Johnson- " I will not seek nor will I accept the nomination...." his popularity was so low because of his ineptness of the war in Viet Nam and the domestic unrest in the country that he would have been trounced in the election, no doubt he was pushed out, in fact if I have my history correct LBJ got beat in the first state primary...had RFK not been killed, he might have beat Nixon
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

So you're saying you would vote for Palin. Not surprising.
    As my choice of preference, no. As opposed to Obama, of course. I can't think of anyone that could entice me vote for Obama.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    i would too, way before obama, and here's why:

presidents base their decisions after consulting with multitudes of advisors. palin would have far better advisers, not a bunch of tax cheats with histories of sedition and admission to honoring communists like mao and che.
    Yeah right. Just like Bush had all those good advisors. We can always rely on Republicans, no matter who they are. Just try to remember something. Obama has failed to clean up a mess. Bush and the Republicans made the mess.

Yeah right. Just like Bush had all those good advisors. We can always rely on Republicans, no matter who they are. Just try to remember something. Obama has failed to clean up a mess. Bush and the Republicans made the mess.
    All by themselves? I don't think so, Tim.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    1968- Lyndon B Johnson- " I will not seek nor will I accept the nomination...." his popularity was so low because of his ineptness of the war in Viet Nam and the domestic unrest in the country that he would have been trounced in the election, no doubt he was pushed out, in fact if I have my history correct LBJ got beat in the first state primary...had RFK not been killed, he might have beat Nixon
    Lot of ifs there. No doubt RFK would have made a great President. Yes LBJ stepped down. I respected the man for that. He new the nation needed another leader and accepted it. But I haven't seen any evidence that he was forced out by his own party. Somehow, I don't see Obama making that decision.
    Looking back to that election in 68, Nixon walked into quite a mess. I'd say the quagmire he inherited from LBJ was almost as bad as the mess Bush left Obama in 2008.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    As my choice of preference, no. As opposed to Obama, of course. I can't think of anyone that could entice me vote for Obama.
    The failure of Obama was that he didn't push his agenda. His is a failure of leadership, willingness or skill to move congress. Even with those shortcoming, the nation is much better off today than it was when he took office. There is no debating that on a sensible level. Obama has earned a mark of about a C grade. Bush was no doubt an F and is being judged as such by history. And you're willing to go with another likely F performer. Why?

Banned

and the democrat congress had nothiong to do with it.....

Banned

The failure of Obama was that he didn't push his agenda. His is a failure of leadership, willingness or skill to move congress. Even with those shortcoming, the nation is much better off today than it was when he took office. There is no debating that on a sensible level. Obama has earned a mark of about a C grade. Bush was no doubt an F and is being judged as such by history. And you're willing to go with another likely F performer. Why?
    that C is mighty generous. it will be a few years before the true damage he has caused all comes to the surface.

Banned

and the democrat congress had nothiong to do with it.....
    Couple of thoughts here. The damage done by the Bush administration (and Clinton administration) was in place prior to the congress changing hands in 2006. I have no love lost for this and the next failed congressional sessions. The congress deserves blame from 2006 - 2008 for not standing up to the Bush regime, and taking impeachment of a criminal President "off the table". From 2008 - 2010 the Senate gets the brunt of the responsibility for being completely spineless in its failure to enact the changes that were (and still are) needed.
    So where are we? We obviously can't trust the Republican Party. And we have no reason to believe we can trust the Democratic party. Any suggestions?

Banned

that C is mighty generous. it will be a few years before the true damage he has caused all comes to the surface.
    You could be right. Clinton looked good in 2000. But many of the changes made by the Republican congress and endorsed by Clinton proved to be our undoing in the 2007 financial crash. But then again, that C might improve too. Have to wait and see.