The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: She is Coming.......

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    that C is mighty generous. it will be a few years before the true damage he has caused all comes to the surface.
    DS must be grading on the curve. No way Obama deserves better than an F. He has flunked in all areas.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    You could be right. Clinton looked good in 2000. But many of the changes made by the Republican congress and endorsed by Clinton proved to be our undoing in the 2007 financial crash. But then again, that C might improve too. Have to wait and see.
    ohhhh, again, its always the other guys fault. the democrats can do no wrong in your eyes can they?

The failure of Obama was that he didn't push his agenda. His is a failure of leadership, willingness or skill to move congress. Even with those shortcoming, the nation is much better off today than it was when he took office. There is no debating that on a sensible level, Obama has earned a mark of about a C grade. Bush was no doubt an F and is being judged as such by history. And you're willing to go with another likely F performer. Why?
    Jmtc but the "The failure of Obama" IS his agenda.
    He was able to mask most of what he is thanks to his practice at it from the age of about 13 as he states in his book, and what did get out was overlooked/disregarded by the electorate due to the same type of "certain sound bits that pump the left up" just as you attribute to Palin. "His failure of leadership" is partly due to the radicals that he has surrounded himself with, that reflect his true mindset, and his unveiling of the real PBO once he got in office, trying to be the man his father never was. But it's also due to his fundamentally flawed viewpoint towards the Constitution and due process of law.

If you really believe that "the nation is much better off today than it was when he took office" , then there is "no debating" with you. A "C"? Only if one thinks the alphabet starts with "Z"!
    The People may have taken the shovel out of PBO's hands for now and "stopped the digging", but keeping him in office in 2012 will be like putting him in a track hoe and there's no telling what damage he could do with that.
    I don't think you'd recognize this country in 2016 and "the shining city" definitely wouldn't be on the hill anymore.
    Last edited by BrianW; 11-22-2010 at 08:25 AM.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    ohhhh, again, its always the other guys fault. the democrats can do no wrong in your eyes can they?
    Did you read the post David? Do you read any of my posts or just react. As I stated, CLINTON ENDORSED THE CHANGES that were made during the Republican Congress of the nineties. How many times have you read my posts that are critical of President Obama? How many times have you heard me criticize Harry Reid and the democratic controlled senate? I don't pass blame. I simply acknowledge failure. And it comes from both sides of the aisle more often than not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Jmtc but the "The failure of Obama" IS his agenda.
    He was able to mask most of what he is thanks to his practice at it from the age of about 13 as he states in his book, and what did get out was overlooked/disregarded by the electorate due to the same type of "certain sound bits that pump the left up" just as you attribute to Palin. "His failure of leadership" is partly due to the radicals that he has surrounded himself with, that reflect his true mindset, and his unveiling of the real PBO once he got in office, trying to be the man his father never was. But it's also due to his fundamentally flawed viewpoint towards the Constitution and due process of law.

If you really believe that "the nation is much better off today than it was when he took office" , then there is "no debating" with you. A "C"? Only if one thinks the alphabet starts with "Z"!
    The People may have taken the shovel out of PBO's hands for now and "stopped the digging", but keeping him in office in 2012 will be like putting him in a track hoe and there's no telling what damage he could do with that.
    I don't think you'd recognize this country in 2016 and "the shining city" definitely wouldn't be on the hill anymore.
    Can you give an example of how the economy is worse off today than in Jan 2008? How about the Stock Market? Foreign policy? How about the Financial industry? As I stated, many things have not improved to the extent we would like. It seems the right wingers argue from a base of emotionalism rather that a basis in fact. If you can supply some areas where we are measurably worse off today than Jan 2008 I'll listen. I've just sighted several that have improved.

Can you give an example of how the economy is worse off today than in Jan 2008?
    Many people to this day do not realize how close we actually were to a total collapse of the banking infrastructure and monetary system. If this administration accomplishes NOTHING else, bailing out the financial system should define his legacy. And to give credit where its due, the outgoing Bush administration started the ball rolling during the transition phase with the incoming President.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Many people to this day do not realize how close we actually were to a total collapse of the banking infrastructure and monetary system. If this administration accomplishes NOTHING else, bailing out the financial system should define his legacy. And to give credit where its due, the outgoing Bush administration started the ball rolling during the transition phase with the incoming President.
    Seriously????? He bailed out what???? What Obama did bail out was a few select companies..... THATS IT........ Did he save some jobs? Yep...... Did he do the world a favor.... that has yet to be determined. With interest rates where they are, we have a serious risk of inflation. Which, by the way, could be worse yet than letting those businesses fail. Fannie and Freddie is far from over with..... that could be another tragedy..... I could go on forever...... and when whatever happens..... THAT SHOULD DEFINE HIS LEGACY. He has dug a very large hole..... if the US can climb out of it, taht will determine his success.

Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post
    With interest rates where they are, we have a serious risk of inflation. Which, by the way, could be worse yet than letting those businesses fail.

Seriously? When do you think we'll see that start kicking in?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Seriously? When do you think we'll see that start kicking in?
    I dont even know how to respond to that?????? Hasnt gas gone up, utilities, tuition, groceries, etc..... again... I could go on forever...... Inflation is everywhere..... and its gonna get worse! But all is right in Buzzland, apparently?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post
    I dont even know how to respond to that?????? Hasnt gas gone up, utilities, tuition, groceries, etc..... again... I could go on forever...... Inflation is everywhere..... and its gonna get worse! But all is right in Buzzland, apparently?
    Ahhhhh..... gas, groceries, utilities, no they haven't gone up. So you're an inflation hawk. The fed has certainly not been short of your ilk for the last 25 years. Inflation will not occur until wages increase. And that ain't happening anytime soon. Not so long as Wall Street is running the show.