The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Random Act of Culture (GDG)

Default Random Act of Culture (GDG)

http://www.creativeminorityreport.co...chorus-at.html

This must have been awesome!

If you've never been to this building, you can only get a vague idea of what this location is like. The (former) main store of John Wanamaker's in Center City Philadelphia is really a work of art.

Can you imagine standing in this crowd when this happened?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

that was goose bumpy, why is the worlds largest pipe organ in a Macys?????
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

The pipe organ came with the John Wanamaker's building which is a landmark in Philadelphia's Center City. Not sure how far back that would go in years, but big-name department stores back then were really pretty amazing. Notice also the giant bronze eagle in the middle of the shopping area ... another Wanamaker's trademark.

Macy's bought the building when Wanamaker's went out of business several years ago.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.