The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GM IPO - Great Success!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Just can't give credit where credit is due.
    Gotta love it!

"For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Gotta love it!

It's killing them isn't it! LOL

Just can't give credit where credit is due.
    Credit due for what?

Even if they raise the funds they project to raise, they still owe tax payers over 50%!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Credit due for what?

Even if they raise the funds they project to raise, they still owe tax payers over 50%!
    They have only sold a small percentage to the public. There will be more stock offerings and money to pay back the money the government loan them.

This could have been disasterous for many americans that livelyhood depended on either GM or the companies that support it. If you remember, there was much opposition to doing this and it would have been real easy to have not stepped up and helped these people when they were down, so now that they did and things are working out much better than expected, I think credit is due. One thing we forget is that these companies represent people and their livelyhoods. We all own them through our mutual funds, insurance and pensions. They are really not about any one person when dealing with the massive corporations, so the bailout was to help people, not a company.

As for as paying you back, I'm sure this will all get paid back in time and not that long of time either, but my question to you is when are you going to repay all the money you borrowed to pay for two wars in the middle east? You want paid back for this but I want paid back for your waste, too.

They have only sold a small percentage to the public. There will be more stock offerings and money to pay back the money the government loan them.

This could have been disasterous for many americans that livelyhood depended on either GM or the companies that support it. If you remember, there was much opposition to doing this and it would have been real easy to have not stepped up and helped these people when they were down, so now that they did and things are working out much better than expected, I think credit is due. One thing we forget is that these companies represent people and their livelyhoods. We all own them through our mutual funds, insurance and pensions. They are really not about any one person when dealing with the massive corporations, so the bailout was to help people, not a company.

As for as paying you back, I'm sure this will all get paid back in time and not that long of time either, but my question to you is when are you going to repay all the money you borrowed to pay for two wars in the middle east? You want paid back for this but I want paid back for your waste, too.
    Well, we could start be fulfilling promises and GET OUT NOW!!

Oh....wait....

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    I'll never own another GM product or share again....neither will the company I own.
    If you own any mutual funds, you better look into that. Might need to start dumping them.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

First, I have never supported two protracted wars and said so on RTF back in 04. Secure the WMD's and get the hell out. Ditto A'stan. Haven't found Bin Laudin, then get the out.

GM should have been allowed to run its natural course. Overpaid workers and bad product is what got them in trouble. A new company would have risen from the ashes. The bailout was payback for the UAW. With the UAW incharge, GM will never turn a profit! And, what about the families that work at Ford having to compete against the government?

It is still a big "if" paying back tax payers.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

After the IPO, the government will still own a substantial stake in GM (about a third) following the IPO. If the value of shares remains flat, the government would end up losing an amount equivalent to what was given to GM during 2008, before it went bankrupt. If shares go over $50/share before the government sells its remaining stock, the public would end up with a profit on the total transaction. However, given the number of pundits who assumed that the full $50 billion would be lost, things aren't looking too bag. Certainly better than when this was posted three months ago:

I doubt tax payers will ever see much of that 43 billion back.

Investors are not going to buy stock in a company that in controlled by the UAW! That's becase the UAW will only allow Gooberment Motors to make just enough to may be keep them afloat.

Look for the UAW to pressure GM for more and more concessions.

GM may have been better off going kaput so that a solid company would have emerged from the ashes rather than saving a faulty company with all the same problems.
    Or how things looked last year at this time (11/17/2009):

Not only did Gooberment Motors lose 1.5 BILLION, the money they are paying back is money the goobs loaned them!

Kind of a shell game to me.

I don't think tax payers will ever see their money back on this one. Not when the UAW and Gooberment running it!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Well, we could start be fulfilling promises and GET OUT NOW!!

Oh....wait....

RK
    You want get an aurguement from me on getting out.

But you saw my point, government helps people that are not always me. Detroit could have easily been Houston. I was living in NM when Catrina happened. Those people were saying screw them because they shouldn't build a house below seal level, but that not what you do. You help! That what has made us what we are today. This mess we are in we all put ourselves there so quit looking for someone to blame.

You want get an aurguement from me on getting out.

But you saw my point, government helps people that are not always me. Detroit could have easily been Houston. I was living in NM when Catrina happened. Those people were saying screw them because they shouldn't build a house below seal level, but that not what you do. You help! That what has made us what we are today. This mess we are in we all put ourselves there so quit looking for someone to blame.
    BTW--Anyone else here any rumblings about audit issues making GM stock a bad look right now??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis