The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: GOP'r WANTS Obamacare

Default GOP'r WANTS Obamacare

first we are gonna campaign AGAINST health care, then we are gonna scream bloody murder when it affects us personally? this reeks of hypocrisy.

seems to me that if you are going to take a job, with different benefit terms that you and you FIVE kids rely on, you might want to plan ahead and consider it BEFORE you decide and commit to take the job.

oh boo freaking hoo that you have to pay for a month of COBRA coverage instead of having John Q. Public pay for it. sucks having to wear the shoes and walk a mile with the rest of us doesn't it?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/45181.html

GOP frosh: Where's my health care?
    By GLENN THRUSH | 11/15/10 9:54 PM EST Updated: 11/16/10 7:59 PM EST

A conservative Maryland physician elected to Congress on an anti-Obamacare platform surprised fellow freshmen at a Monday orientation session by demanding to know why his government-subsidized health care plan takes a month to kick in.

Republican Andy Harris, an anesthesiologist who defeated freshman Democrat Frank Kratovil on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, reacted incredulously when informed that federal law mandated that his government-subsidized health care policy would take effect on Feb. 1 – 28 days after his Jan. 3rd swearing-in.

“He stood up and asked the two ladies who were answering questions why it had to take so long, what he would do without 28 days of health care,” said a congressional staffer who saw the exchange. The benefits session, held behind closed doors, drew about 250 freshman members, staffers and family members to the Capitol Visitors Center auditorium late Monday morning,”.

“Harris then asked if he could purchase insurance from the government to cover the gap,” added the aide, who was struck by the similarity to Harris’s request and the public option he denounced as a gateway to socialized medicine.

Harris, a Maryland state senator who works at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore and several hospitals on the Eastern Shore, also told the audience, “This is the only employer I’ve ever worked for where you don’t get coverage the first day you are employed,” his spokeswoman Anna Nix told POLITICO.

Under COBRA law, Harris can pay a premium to extend his current health insurance an additional month.

Nix said Harris, who is the father of five, wasn’t being hypocritical – he was just pointing out the inefficiency of government-run health care.

Harris hammered Kratovil on health care throughout a bitter fall campaign, despite the fact that the conservative Democrat voted twice against the reform package backed by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), a close Kratovil ally.

“Although he voted against Obamacare, Mr. Kratovil refuses to commit to its repeal. Dr. Harris understands that the Obama-Pelosi-Hoyer agenda threatens to pull the plug on America's long-term health," Harris said in an Oct. 30 statement. “"In Washington, I will never vote to raise taxes, I will fight to repeal health-care reform, and I will work to balance the budget."

truth in advertising please.

nothing in the article speaks to your point that he wants obama care. You are a liar.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    nothing in the article speaks to your point that he wants obama care.
    “Harris then asked if he could purchase insurance from the government to cover the gap,” added the aide, who was struck by the similarity to Harris’s request and the public option he denounced as a gateway to socialized medicine.

Sounds like the public option to me....

Quote Originally Posted by sinned View Post

Sounds like the public option to me....
    no, he was asking how the plan that is offered works.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    no, he was asking how the plan that is offered works.
    Sorry dude. He's asking for a public option. It's a choice we should all have. The idiocy of the right really comes forward on this issue. On the one hand, the right has made a living telling us the government can't do anything right, ever since Reagan. Now they say we can't have a public option for health insurance because there is no way the "Private" sector can compete with a government run system.... Go figure.

Just one more piece of evidence that demonstrates that at heart, that whatever it is that the political right stands for, it has little to do with the issues of the people.

I work for the federal government. If I ask how a plan works, does that mean I want a public option?

dude...
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]

Sinned, the first two paragraphs of your post do not seem to be supported by the article.

1) He obviously didn't know that he could purchase the extension to cover the "gap" ... otherwise he would not have expected to purchase it from the govt. If he was willing to pay the govt for it, presumably he was just as willing to purchase the extension that is available to him.

2) No mention was made of his complaining of the benefits that were offered under the plan that would cover him through his new position.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    1) He obviously didn't know that he could purchase the extension to cover the "gap" ... otherwise he would not have expected to purchase it from the govt. If he was willing to pay the govt for it, presumably he was just as willing to purchase the extension that is available to him.
    For a doctor then, even if he knows well how to deliver healthcare, he appears to know little about issues concerning the insurance market.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

For a doctor then, even if he knows well how to deliver healthcare, he appears to know little about issues concerning the insurance market.
    I might venture a guess that our legislators (who voted for the health care bill), who have not changed jobs in way too long, probably don't know much more.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I might venture a guess that our legislators (who voted for the health care bill), who have not changed jobs in way too long, probably don't know much more.
    of course they dont. they had to pass the bill to find out what was in it, remember?