The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Iran's Nuke Program Got Whacked

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    But there are people losing sleep at night worrying because control systems that operate components in our power generating plants and power transmission systems are vulnerable to the same type of worms. Same with industrial control systems at manufacturing and chemical plants.

Pretty cool huh?
    sorry buzz, but "pretty cool, huh?" does sound like you either think it would to be fun to see the same thing happen here, you seem to want to see these big entities be compromised. i just cant see any other way to interpret that.

perhaps a better response would be:

"Pretty scary, huh?"

if you meant something different, please do tell.

Sorry. I' start using <sarcasm> </sarcasm> tags.

I was reading that other article that Uncle Bill posted the link to, and given that I used to work at Siemens and worked very closely with the guys who designed and did application work with their adjustable frequency controls, it struck me as funny that they portrayed it as surprising that anyone writing such a computer virus could have intimate knowledge with how they function. You just need to know who to ask, there are plenty of them walking around.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    sorry buzz, but "pretty cool, huh?" does sound like you either think it would to be fun to see the same thing happen here, you seem to want to see these big entities be compromised. i just cant see any other way to interpret that.

perhaps a better response would be:

"Pretty scary, huh?"

if you meant something different, please do tell.
    What is up with this. Not that Buzz needs your approval, but he brought up a valid point, and I'm sure he does not want to see it happen. The world spends Billions protecting itself from cyber terrorism. It is a real threat. If some worm unminded the Irainians that's great. It is better than bombs and guns, but Buzz noted a real treat to this country, so use your brain and quit belittling someone that uses theirs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Sorry. I' start using <sarcasm> </sarcasm> tags.

I was reading that other article that Uncle Bill posted the link to, and given that I used to work at Siemens and worked very closely with the guys who designed and did application work with their adjustable frequency controls, it struck me as funny that they portrayed it as surprising that anyone writing such a computer virus could have intimate knowledge with how they function. You just need to know who to ask, there are plenty of them walking around.
    buzz, you should know you have to use sarcasm tags in here! with the wide extreme of viewpoints in potus you never know what someone will either believe or just take to the bank to mess with you! i learn that over and over with some posters in here

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Ah, so your "Pretty cool, eh?" comment at the end of your original post wasn't the normal smarmy and condescending sarcasm that you're fond of using? My bad.
    Take a deep breath, John...maybe you should go fishing or something...

As The Worm Turns Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    What is up with this. Not that Buzz needs your approval, but he brought up a valid point, and I'm sure he does not want to see it happen. The world spends Billions protecting itself from cyber terrorism. It is a real threat. If some worm unminded the Irainians that's great. It is better than bombs and guns, but Buzz noted a real treat to this country, so use your brain and quit belittling someone that uses theirs.
    exactly where did i belittle buzz? or tell him he needed my approval? i was being polite here and just pointing out how his post could be misinterpreted and why hew may have done just that, thats all. buzz - if you took it that way i apologize, but i think you understand where i was coming from. i know buzz doesnt want that to happen, but he got it - he needed sarcasm smileys.

sorry sambo, nothing to complain about here.