The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: WMD --- It Was All Bush or Was It ?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    No, Bush wanted that war.
    Agreed I meant to write he

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    you have to be joking. false reason? the wmd magically dissappeared? or even more laughable - saddam did the right thing and got rid of them, but forgot to tell the UN how and why...its a dead horse dude. your hatred for bush is never ending.

i hope someday you find peace.
    You are really touched in the head. Nothing I said implies a hatred for Bush. As I age, I find less and less energy to waste on hatred.You should try shedding some yourself.For example, I don't even read sandygirls posts anymore, as she has proven to be incapable of having a civil discussion, and isn't worth my time, or a response.

I said I think Bush DOES care, but was led astray, and was out of touch with average Americans. Most presidents, with few exceptions, are. The skit he did looking for WMDs was in very poor taste, and I don't think he intended to have the effect it did on many people. He thought it was a funny joke.

Time to salvage a little of the buck season opener......
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Here is some information for both you yahoos.

WASHINGTON (AP) Vice President Dick Cheney repeated his assertions of al-Qaeda links to Saddam Hussein's Iraq on Thursday as the Defense Department released a report citing more evidence that the prewar government did not cooperate with the terrorist group.
    Cheney contended that al-Qaeda was operating in Iraq before the March 2003 invasion led by U.S. forces and that terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was leading the Iraqi branch of al-Qaeda. Others in al-Qaeda planned the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.
    "He took up residence there before we ever launched into Iraq, organized the al-Qaeda operations inside Iraq before we even arrived on the scene and then, of course, led the charge for Iraq until we killed him last June," Cheney told radio host Rush Limbaugh during an interview. "As I say, they were present before we invaded Iraq."
    However, a declassified Pentagon report released Thursday said that interrogations of the deposed Iraqi leader and two of his former aides as well as seized Iraqi documents confirmed that the terrorist organization and the Saddam government were not working together before the invasion.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...6-cheney_N.htm
    Stick to the point.....this does not in any way suggest al-Qaeda was not in Iraq.....and as far as the "source", you can always find someone to dispute any claim. The jest of my post was not whether Sadaam and al-Qaeda were in bed with each other, nor did I suggest that there weren't individuals offering up debate to the concept of WMD's. What I did suggest...stick with me here...was maybe there were other motivations besides WMD's to move into Iraq. Possibly strategies you and I don't have the slightest clue how to initiate much less know the timing of when to act. What I do know is that we haven't seen an attack on this soil near the magnitude of 9/11.
    You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I wonder what percentage even know they live in Afhanistan??
    And I am serious.

RK
    That may be one of the very best questions you have ever asked.

And I Am Serious Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    That may be one of the very best questions you have ever asked.

And I Am Serious Regards,

Joe S.
    Good to know someone is keeping score!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

The American people would believe just about anything coming out of the Presidents mouth after 9/11 and did. Bush discounted CIA reports that Iraq did not have WMD. So yes, I am saying that Congress did not have the same intel as the President had. The President hid the truth from Congress.
    Bush knew Saddam had no weapons of mass destruction

Salon exclusive: Two former CIA officers say the president squelched top-secret intelligence, and a briefing by George Tenet, months before invading Iraq.

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/bl...9/06/bush_wmd/

Nor was the intelligence included in the National Intelligence Estimate of October 2002, which stated categorically that Iraq possessed WMD. No one in Congress was aware of the secret intelligence that Saddam had no WMD as the House of Representatives and the Senate voted, a week after the submission of the NIE, on the Authorization for Use of Military Force in Iraq. The information, moreover, was not circulated within the CIA among those agents involved in operations to prove whether Saddam had WMD.
    On April 23, 2006, CBS's "60 Minutes" interviewed Tyler Drumheller, the former CIA chief of clandestine operations for Europe, who disclosed that the agency had received documentary intelligence from Naji Sabri, Saddam's foreign minister, that Saddam did not have WMD. "We continued to validate him the whole way through," said Drumheller. "The policy was set. The war in Iraq was coming, and they were looking for intelligence to fit into the policy, to justify the policy."
    Now two former senior CIA officers have confirmed Drumheller's account to me and provided the background to the story of how the information that might have stopped the invasion of Iraq was twisted in order to justify it. They described what Tenet said to Bush about the lack of WMD, and how Bush responded, and noted that Tenet never shared Sabri's intelligence with then Secretary of State Colin Powell. According to the former officers, the intelligence was also never shared with the senior military planning the invasion, which required U.S. soldiers to receive medical shots against the ill effects of WMD and to wear protective uniforms in the desert.
    Instead, said the former officials, the information was distorted in a report written to fit the preconception that Saddam did have WMD programs. That false and restructured report was passed to Richard Dearlove, chief of the British Secret Intelligence Service (MI6), who briefed Prime Minister Tony Blair on it as validation of the cause for war.
    You go ahead and keep believing they were so misinformed. Have you ever been in a situation where a decision needs to be made with argument on both sides....obviously not. I can only imagine the heartache involved in making one as difficult as going to war....you claim his heart is in the right place...then how can you then assume he made the decision because he "wanted" the war. All of you who enjoy this Holiday season, I pray you remember that day and the troops still in harms way while you do. I pray you are thankful for the peaceful nights sleep you're afforded, and I pray you appreciate the hard decisions that will continue the need to be made on this Countries behalf.
    You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Thomas View Post
    Stick to the point.....this does not in any way suggest al-Qaeda was not in Iraq.....and as far as the "source", you can always find someone to dispute any claim. The jest of my post was not whether Sadaam and al-Qaeda were in bed with each other, nor did I suggest that there weren't individuals offering up debate to the concept of WMD's. What I did suggest...stick with me here...was maybe there were other motivations besides WMD's to move into Iraq. Possibly strategies you and I don't have the slightest clue how to initiate much less know the timing of when to act. What I do know is that we haven't seen an attack on this soil near the magnitude of 9/11.
    And if Dumbya had acted on the intellegence reports that he received a month before 9/11 there might never have been an attack on 9/11

Meacher sparks fury over claims on September 11 and Iraq war
    September 6, 2003
    "...the war on terrorism is a smokescreen and that the US knew in advance about the September 11 attack on New York but, for strategic reasons, chose not to act on the warnings."
    [LINK]
    Who Knew? The unanswered questions of 9/11
    September 3, 2003
    "CBS reporter David Martin revealed that weeks before the attacks, the CIA had warned Bush personally of Osama Bin Laden�s intent to use hijacked planes as missiles. That followed the damaging exposure by The Associated Press�s John Solomon of a pre-9/11 FBI memo from an officer in Phoenix warning of suspicious Middle Eastern men training at flight schools�a warning that went unheeded."
    [LINK]
    U.S. Clamps Secrecy on Warnings Before 9/11
    August 7, 2003
    "The committee managed, 'inadvertently,' it says, to get some contents of a key briefing Bush received in August 2001. It included 'FBI judgments about patterns of activity consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks; as well as information acquired in May 2001 that indicated a group of Bin Ladin (sic) supporters was planning attacks in the United States with explosives.'"
    [LINK]
    Bush's 9-11 Secrets
    July 31, 2003
    "The U.S. government had received repeated warnings of impending attacks�and attacks using planes directed at New York and Washington�for several years. The government never told us about what it knew was coming."
    [LINK]
    9/11 report, Rice remarks in conflict; Investigators say Bush got specific data on threats
    July 29, 2003
    "...the briefing given to the president a month before the suicide hijackings included recent intelligence that al-Qaida was planning to send operatives to the United States to carry out an attack using high explosives."
    [LINK]
    The Secret Saudi Flight on 9-13 Could be the Key to the Bush-Saudi-Al Qaeda Connection
    May, 2003
    "One has to wonder when George W. said, "You're either with us or against us" - just exactly who he meant by "us." "Us" is beginning to look like a Bush-Saudi-Al Qaeda conspiracy, especially when one includes the well-known business ties between George H. W. Bush, James Baker, and the Bin Laden family through the infamous Carlyle Group."
    [LINK]
    The Secrets of September 11
    April 30, 2003
    "One such CIA briefing, in July 2001, was particularly chilling and prophetic. It predicted that Osama bin Laden was about to launch a terrorist strike 'in the coming weeks,' the congressional investigators found. The intelligence briefing went on to say: 'The attack will be spectacular and designed to inflict mass casualties against U.S. facilities or interests. Attack preparations have been made. Attack will occur with little or no warning.'"
    http://www.msnbc.com/news/907379.asp?0cv=CB10

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Good to know someone is keeping score!!

RK
    Score keeping is for children. I'm just paying attention...

If One WMD Goes Off We All Lose Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Thomas View Post
    You are right, we have not. However, they have tried and we are paying better attention here now. So I credit that being the reason instead of these costly wars.

I don't remember the name, but there was a former member of a terrorist group that said that these groups are figuring out that these acts of terror do not work (meaning not accomplishing what they wanted), so that might be why there has not been any too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    Score keeping is for children. I'm just paying attention...

If One WMD Goes Off We All Lose Regards,

Joe S.
    We already lost. Just have to look at the airport situation and what the american people are going through. (TSA)