The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Wikileaks founder on Most Wanted List

Default Wikileaks founder on Most Wanted List

I notice today that Julian Assange is now on Interpols most wanted list. I am not here to comment on his innocence or guilt in these allegations however it does seem strange that this would come out just a few days after a large public release of previously classified State Department cables.
    Coincidence? I am not so sure. Some very powerful people were embarrassed by these revelations and they would certainly have motive to see this guy discredited. This is sort of similar to what happen to Scott Ridder when he started talking about WMD's in Iraq.

Might have something to do with the leaking of data from a major bank that Mr. Assange promises early new year. I'm sure they'd like to haul his ass in before Wikileaks does major damage to one of our financial institutions. Anyone want to guess which financial institution he's about to piss on?

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    I notice today that Julian Assange is now on Interpols most wanted list. I am not here to comment on his innocence or guilt in these allegations however it does seem strange that this would come out just a few days after a large public release of previously classified State Department cables.
    Coincidence? I am not so sure. Some very powerful people were embarrassed by these revelations and they would certainly have motive to see this guy discredited. This is sort of similar to what happen to Scott Ridder when he started talking about WMD's in Iraq.

He's had WAY over his 15 minutes of fame. But it will take the private sector to find him and make him go away. Obama apparently couldn't care less, or he would have done something about him after the last 'leakage'.

Wonder if Obama would have gotten more riled up had Assange indicated he had stumbled on several real birth certificates?

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

When you look at the scope of information and data this guy was able to assemble....you have to worry about what kind of network is in operation? This stuff wasn't all left in one pile on a hard drive somewhere. This must have multi-national, intercontinental sources, and has operated amazingly in the stealth. I bet world leaders are MUCH more concerned about this than they're letting on. Or they should be.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Might have something to do with the leaking of data from a major bank that Mr. Assange promises early new year. I'm sure they'd like to haul his ass in before Wikileaks does major damage to one of our financial institutions. Anyone want to guess which financial institution he's about to piss on?
    I believe that I read somewhere last spring or sometime around then that Wikileaks had gotten some info on Bank of America. Be interested to see what is in that release.

Here is the explanation of the charges against Assange printed in the NY times:

According to accounts the women gave to the police and friends, they each had consensual sexual encounters with Mr. Assange that became nonconsensual. One woman said that Mr. Assange had ignored her appeals to stop after a condom broke. The other woman said that she and Mr. Assange had begun a sexual encounter using a condom, but that Mr. Assange did not comply with her appeals to stop when it was no longer in use. Mr. Assange has questioned the veracity of those accounts.

I am not to sure these are charges that necessitate a world wide manhunt.
    Last edited by cotts135; 12-02-2010 at 05:55 AM. Reason: update