The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Offshore East Coast Drilling For 7 Yrs!

There is no question in my mind that the ultimate solution to our energy problems will be through alternative fuels.

However, you don't shut down your economy and wait for those alternatives to develop. I would think that you take an aggressive position in developing those alternatives, and you keep your economy going full steam to provide the investment funds to develop the alternatives.

There obviously is no "plan" here. In March, they say they will drill; in December they say they won't. Time to get everybody on the same page.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

A moratorium maybe warranted at this time due to our recent experiences with readiness of both drillers and government to address the BP spill. After all it is not just the oil industry that is dependent on the abundance of off shore waters.

Seven years, though, seems to be a bit long for Yankee ingenuity to come up with appropriate technology and to get it in place.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Seven years, though, seems to be a bit long for Yankee ingenuity to come up with appropriate technology and to get it in place.
    Aaaahh....where you been zeus....O doesn't believe in/apologizes for, Yankee ingenuity.

G*d d*mn America regards
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Not at all. I have a great job with a company that is in the Renewable Energy Business. We are expanding and creating lots of good jobs.
    Is this private investment money or money that is being stolen from the taxpayers. This crap is loosing money and taxpayers should not be forced to have their money stolen from them and dumped into a stupid money pit.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

No drilling in the eastern Gulf of Mexico, fine we have plenty to explore and produce in the western gulf.

What is missing is the fact that Obama and Salizar are not issuing ANY new drilling permits in the gulf!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    Aaaahh....where you been zeus....O doesn't believe in/apologizes for, Yankee ingenuity.

G*d d*mn America regards
    I wouldn't do that to America. It is a helluva great place!
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I wouldn't do that to America. It is a helluva great place!
    We can toast to that one Sarge.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech