The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traffic will be a nightmare

Default Traffic will be a nightmare

BUMFACE will be in my neck of the woods on Monday. Yuck. It was bad enough when Biden came to town last year to speak at Wake Forest graduation. I was at a dead stop for 1/2 an hour before his car went by. All traffic dead stop. I missed getting thru by 2 seconds. That made me late for dog training. I wish they would hurry up and anounce exactly where and when so I can plan alternate routes to avoid the main area.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

If duck season wasn't going out on Sat, I'd tell you to come down here and we'll kill some ducks to get you away from the madness.

Yeah, that would be fun as long as you touch the dead ducks! I now know where he will be but not when. It is very close to where Magic and I are suposed to be Monday morning. Based on what happened with BIden I can tell you it will be a nightmare. He will be extremely close to one of the big hospitals and the huge shopping and mall area.
    I'm really thinking about cancelling our TDI work for that day. If it were not for Magic working at the medical complex I could just avoid the entire area. They will mess up everyones holiday shopping that day. That will hurt the economy and he's suposed to be talking about the economy. What a darn joke.
    So when I cancel and get asked by patients on Wed why we were not there I will tell them it was because of that BUNFACE!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Yeah, that would be fun as long as you touch the dead ducks!
    Don't worry. I won't make you fetch them!

That is what the dog is for...

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Don't worry. I won't make you fetch them!

That is what the dog is for...
    Yes, but where will a well-trained retriever deposit said ducks?

I honestly didn't realize anyone on the Retriever Training Forum was averse to touching dead ducks!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

I honestly didn't realize anyone on the Retriever Training Forum was averse to touching dead ducks!
    Pretty amazing, ain't it?

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

She just eats them on the way in. My dog, not luv, that is.

Before you guys go complaining about wasting game, just remember, my dog has to eat too! There are plenty of benefits to her eating my birds for me. I save money on dog food, I get to keep shooting past my limit, the GW can't prove that I shot a black duck out of season...the list goes on.

As far as the touching dead ducks thing, I would venture to say that there are some on here that have never even seen a dead duck...

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    She just eats them on the way in. My dog, not luv, that is.

Before you guys go complaining about wasting game, just remember, my dog has to eat too! There are plenty of benefits to her eating my birds for me. I save money on dog food, I get to keep shooting past my limit, the GW can't prove that I shot a black duck out of season...the list goes on.

As far as the touching dead ducks thing, I would venture to say that there are some on here that have never even seen a dead duck...
    I had a GR once that ate the bird in a Derby!!

I asked the judge if we were out, he laughed put his hand on my shoulder and said "yeah, pretty much unless you can stick your arm up that dogs ass and pull the bird out!!"

Just sayin'............

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

If you hadn't ran him half starved looking like a mid-winter eastern nc deer hound, he might not have had to resort to chowing down on that duck...

Yup, I am. Don't worry they get dead ducks with DH. Long story short.
    We had laying hens. Came home from work one day and something had gotten to them. There was blood, feathers, dead birds, pieces of dead birds everywhere in the barn. Hubby was out of town so I had full clean up duty. It was summer so I couldn't leave the mess until he got back. Since then I just can't touch a dead bird unless it is ready to go in the oven.