The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thanks Obamacare for making it affordable.....

Thumbs down

how about this fun note?

Must be Bush???

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

so we just had our renewal meeting and our costs went up 5% which comes out to 3 dollars a month. The lady doing our meeting said without Obamacare our costs wouldn't have went up at all saying that children until 26 and no limits to coverage were costing to much money.

Ken-

Your letter is dated Nov 29, 2010 but the date the coverage ends is shown as Feb 28, 2010. Huh?

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Ken-

Your letter is dated Nov 29, 2010 but the date the coverage ends is shown as Feb 28, 2010. Huh?

Eric
    I'd guess that there is some requirement for giving 90 days notice of termination of the benefit plan (supposedly the anniversary date of the policy was May).

As mentioned by another poster, I do believe that the provisions of the law for children up to 26 being covered has already gone into effect. And the state exchanges have already started as well. But they ain't cheap. A local paper quoted several different prices for the PA plan. I believe the highest was around $700/mo.

While pre-existing conditions must be covered, I don't recall any discussion about whether the providers of the coverage could charge more for those high-risk insureds. (Probably one of the "details" that will "evolve" within the bureaucracy created to administer the legislation). We do know that car insurors are allowed to charge higher rates to high-risk drivers ... like teenagers & people who've gotten "points" on their licenses for speeding or other moving violations; or even multiple accidents.

The devil will be in the details ... as we have seen with other legislation that ended up with "unintended consequences" that needed to be "fixed".
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

If you check my previous posts on this subject, I believe I forecasted the number of uninsureds will double under Obamacare. Hide and watch.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    how about this fun note?

Must be Bush???

Health insurance companies ARE the problem. Obama-care did little to solve the health care problems in America. To bad you didn't have a public option now.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Health insurance companies ARE the problem. Obama-care did little to solve the health care problems in America. To bad you didn't have a public option now.
    I thought that's what the state exchanges were?

As for the direct govt-run health care, it has taken 40 years but the UK health system is sinking. The net result is that those with $ can pay for private care that the govt may be unwilling to provided; or unable to provide in a timely fashion. Those who don't have $ get what the govt says they can have.

Years ago, I can recall Michael Caine discussing how he brought his father to the US for treatment for an illness, because the wait in the UK would be long enough to affect the outcome of ultimate treatment. There were clues to what's happening now back then.

There is simply not enough wealth to provide all the medical care that everyone would want for everyone ... some areas of care may improve for some people, but overall there will still be many who do not get the care they would want ... or need.

The only thing that changes is who decides what care gets dispensed and to whom.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Ken-

Eric

Thats the FIRST thing that jumped out at me as well.
    That and them telling not to contact them
    Fricken Horses Gizmoes!!!!!!!
    We think that we (My boss and co-workers) may end up back with Blue cross. We had them back a few. Remember the line, if your happy with your health care you can keep it?????
    Well not if the company ends the plan???????
    And I must be the best kind of customer, I never go!!!!
    Well random broken bones every other year and the Dr. Jellyfinger Visit when I hit 45. But other than that I never go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin