The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: A gazillion new stars found in universe

Banned

Default A gazillion new stars found in universe

Could there really be other planets with life forms on them or do you think Earth is the only planet where there is life forms?

Study estimates 300 sextillion stars in the universe

08:59 AM CST on Thursday, December 2, 2010

Seth Borenstein, The Associated Press

WASHINGTON The night sky may be a lot starrier than we thought.
    A study suggests the universe could have triple the number of stars scientists previously calculated. For those of you counting at home, the new estimate is 300 sextillion a three and 23 zeroes.
    The study questions a key assumption that astronomers often use: that most galaxies have the same properties as our Milky Way. And that's creating a bit of a stink among astronomers who want a more orderly cosmos.
    It's one of two studies published online Wednesday in the journal Nature that focus on red dwarf stars, the most common stars in the universe. The study that offers the new estimate on stars is led by a Yale University astronomer. He calculates that there are far more red dwarfs than previously thought, and that inflates the total star count.
    A second study led by a Harvard University scientist focuses on a distant "super Earth" planet and sees clues to the content of its atmosphere the first of this kind of data for this size planet. It orbits a red dwarf.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...n1.c609b6.html

According to the foremost authority, Stephen Hawkins PhD we can no longer think of the universe as singular but as a multi-universe. The rate at which we are learning more about the origins of our galaxy and the origins of many planets including earth in mind-blowing.

I think it would be naive of us to think we have the only planet that sustains life.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/hawking/html/home.html
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I think it would be naive of us to think we have the only planet that sustains life.
    Common ground, Franco.

I agree and suggest:

...or perhaps even HAS life as life is understood by advanced civilizations in the Universe.

Given the rate at which we bend, fold, spindle, and mutilate each other as a race of human beings in a closed-system environment, perhaps Others haven't made their presence in the Universe known to us in an unmistakeable form or fashion because we are simply not worth the effort or, maybe, they fear the risk of infection.

The Truth Is Really Out There Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

The crazy asian guy from the discovery channel is always talking about string theory. I know i suck at math and never took much science but holy cow that crap blows my mind haha. The wife hates it when i watch him

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    According to the foremost authority, Stephen Hawkins PhD we can no longer think of the universe as singular but as a multi-universe. The rate at which we are learning more about the origins of our galaxy and the origins of many planets including earth in mind-blowing.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/hawking/html/home.html
    I agree wholeheartedly. Just read his latest book, "Grand Design". I followed him until about half way down page 1. Then the last two chapters blew my mind.

In regards to your last statement, I think it would be naive of us to think we have intelligent life here on earth!

And how 'bout them arsenic-lovin bacteria? That resets the search for life outside our little bubble.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. Just read his latest book, "Grand Design". I followed him until about half way down page 1. Then the last two chapters blew my mind.

In regards to your last statement, I think it would be naive of us to think we have intelligent life here on earth!

And how 'bout them arsenic-lovin bacteria? That resets the search for life outside our little bubble.
    Glad I'm not the only one

I purchased Grand Design when it was first published a few months ago. But before I started reading it I got both Sean Payton's and Drew Brees' books and read them first. Then football season started and now goose/duck season and I'm just in a football/duck/goose/work mode and haven't had time to read it yet.

I highly suggest Sean Payton's book for anyone that has to manage people.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.