The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Republicans vote to raise taxes

By the way the 700 billion is over 10 years. The waste of a stimulus was thrown away in less than 1 year and cost more.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

NOw lets add in the money we have not gotten back from the car companies and letsuse the real accounting not the illegal accounting by bumface.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Are you willing to concede that extending unemployment benefits should be a no go?
    How about getting rid of that new dinner twice crap for kids?
    Personally, I have no problem with ending the employment benefits. I can see the extension to 12 months. But this now pushing 2 years. Thats nuts.

Banned

By the way the 700 billion is over 10 years. The waste of a stimulus was thrown away in less than 1 year and cost more.
    Actually much of it was never spent. That's one of the problems. Somehow our genius' in Washington got it up their rears that giving money to Banks increases demand and stimulates the economy. There is absolutely no economic theory that supports this.

The same is true of the tax breaks for wealthy individuals or Corporations. Generic tax cuts to the investment class do nothing to stimulate economic activity. On the other hand, targeted tax cuts, for example, for a company to put a manufacturing plant in America, do stimulate the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    You know better, or should.

The tax breaks end Dec 31st, 2010.
    No vote, taxes go up.

And that creates jobs how????

RK
    What I find unbelievable is that as Americans we still fall for this tax cutting bs. These tax cuts are not what they are cut out to be. The Congressional budget office has said that the tax cuts were the least effective stimulus in the Recovery act with even extending Unemployment benefits ahead of the cuts.http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_b...overy-act.html I have said it before, that politicians campaigning on tax cuts benefit almost more than anyone else.
    How can anyone take any of these politicians seriously when they say on one hand they want to balance the budget and in the next breath they insist that tax cuts for the rich be extended for two years knowing that this costs billions of dollars. You can't have it both ways, sorry, Tough choices will have to be made to fix this problem and unfortunately raising taxes will be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    What I find unbelievable is that as Americans we still fall for this tax cutting bs. These tax cuts are not what they are cut out to be. The Congressional budget office has said that the tax cuts were the least effective stimulus in the Recovery act with even extending Unemployment benefits ahead of the cuts.http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_b...overy-act.html I have said it before, that politicians campaigning on tax cuts benefit almost more than anyone else.
    How can anyone take any of these politicians seriously when they say on one hand they want to balance the budget and in the next breath they insist that tax cuts for the rich be extended for two years knowing that this costs billions of dollars. You can't have it both ways, sorry, Tough choices will have to be made to fix this problem and unfortunately raising taxes will be one of them.
    why is the tough choice to raise taxes?

why not eliminate some program that you advocate? consider that first, then we will see if "you" are serious.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    They just need to cut spending period. Reduce the money going out end of story. Many of us are tired of stupid spending like bridges for turtles etc.
    The gov't needs to realise that this is not their money to spend. Every dime they spend was taken from someone who actually earned it.
    When you work for money you expect to keep it rather than the gov't taking it from you and giving it to someone who sits on their very fat ass or boobs( big enough to conceal 4 pairs of stolen boots).

They just need to cut spending period. Reduce the money going out end of story. Many of us are tired of stupid spending like bridges for turtles etc.
    The gov't needs to realise that this is not their money to spend. Every dime they spend was taken from someone who actually earned it.
    When you work for money you expect to keep it rather than the gov't taking it from you and giving it to someone who sits on their very fat ass or boobs( big enough to conceal 4 pairs of stolen boots).
    Agreed that the focus needs to be on spending and reducing the size of govt.

However this deficit problem is enormous and needs to be addressed immediately. That is going to entail cuts in spending and {hopefully} interim increases in revenue
    The amount of money we pay on interest on the deficit is one of our largest{and theoretically most controllable} costs.
    To eliminate the huge deficit and attendant interest costs, we need to cut expenditures and raise revenues.
    All the politicians are screaming this. If they are serious about reducing and eliminating the deficit they should vote for spending cuts{ extended unemployment benefits}, and to raise revenue {Bush tax cuts} However their special interests will win out, I guarantee it.
    They will have a compromise extending both unemployment, and the "temporary" tax cuts; thereby increasing spending while reducing revenues. Any idiot knows that this is will have exactly the opposite effect on the deficit than what they all say they are interested in.

The Santa Claus mentality of pandering to their special intersts that caused this problem in the first place will continue on in the interest of compromise by these elected "great statesmen"

Banned

The gov't needs to cut spending period. What does the average person do? They cut spending. Businesses cut spending. The gov't does not.
    CUT THE DARN SPENDING END OF STORY.
    NOw we are even going to have to pay for other people's kids dinners twice! GET A DAMN GRIP!!!!
    Ok, you said Government needs to cut spending. How about being more specific. Just where do we cut spending. Looks like to me that the Department of Defense, Health and Human Services and Social Security take up most of the budget. Do we need to cut out these department spending??? Dumbya did not even figure the cost of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars anywhere in the budget so the costs are not even reflected here. But just think of the money we could have saved if the wars were never started.

Read more: Estimated War-Related Costs, Iraq and Afghanistan — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A09339...#ixzz17GdnwDXe

Last edited by Roger Perry; 12-05-2010 at 01:36 PM.

My cuts in order:
    1. All foreign aid. Flat out we are broke and need to keep our money at home
    2. Get out of Eraq and Afganastan
    3. Eliminate many gov't agencies. Start with Dept of Ed. State and locals do a better job and federal beurocrats just screw things up. Dept of Agriculture can go too. stop paying farmers to let their land sit idle. Thats just stupid. Get rid of this notion that only certain people can grow peanuts on certain land. I bet the price of peanuts would go down. Let the free market prevail.
    4. Cut federal employees. There are way too many. This can be done in a nice way by simply not replacing anyone when a person leaves for any reason. If one dept must have another employee it must come from another dept.
    5. all welfare, section 8 must be pay for play. You must do something for the benefit.
    This is just a start. I could go on and on.