The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The death of the man caused global warming movement

Default The death of the man caused global warming movement

What if the UN held a Framework Convention on Climate Change and no one came or cared?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-party-s-over/
    Last edited by subroc; 12-04-2010 at 03:03 PM.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    What if the UN held a Framework Convention on Climate Change and no one came or cared?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-party-s-over/
    Its amazing that someone would actually read this nonsense. Let alone publish as something other that pure propaganda. No wonder you're clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Its amazing that someone would actually read this nonsense. Let alone publish as something other that pure propaganda. No wonder you're clueless.
    It's so hard to let go of firmly held beliefs that turn out to be wrong, especially when you're a lib. Ah well, on to the next global scam! Maybe Al Gore can sell credits on the stairway to heaven!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    It's so hard to let go of firmly held beliefs that turn out to be wrong, especially when you're a lib. Ah well, on to the next global scam! Maybe Al Gore can sell credits on the stairway to heaven!
    From my experience, those who have the most trouble letting go of old ideas are conservatives. In fact, isn't that the definition of conservatism?

New idea, late 20th century- Carbon pollutions contribute to global warming. Those who have yet to embrace the science? Liberals or Conservatives?

Various polls and printed studies place the number of scientists around the world who accept global warming as sound science to be above 90%. Some place it as high as 99%. I can't think of any example in the modern era where 90% of scientists got something wrong. Can you?

Differences come into account when you get into the long range effect of climate change. But the fact that it is occurring seems about as sound as science can get.

Considering the plausible outcomes of doing something about this potential threat, or ignoring it, it seems rather naive, let alone irresponsible, to ignore it. Even if you're not on board with the science of climate change, most would agree that developing alternatives to fossil fuel energy consumption is of vital importance strategically for reasons of national and economic security.

I suggest that people quit allowing your politicians to use this issue as a political wedge issue and start coming up with action plans to deal with it.

From my experience, those who have the most trouble letting go of old ideas are conservatives. In fact, isn't that the definition of conservatism?

New idea, late 20th century- Carbon pollutions contribute to global warming. Those who have yet to embrace the science? Liberals or Conservatives?

Various polls and printed studies place the number of scientists around the world who accept global warming as sound science to be above 90%. Some place it as high as 99%. I can't think of any example in the modern era where 90% of scientists got something wrong. Can you?

Differences come into account when you get into the long range effect of climate change. But the fact that it is occurring seems about as sound as science can get.

Considering the plausible outcomes of doing something about this potential threat, or ignoring it, it seems rather naive, let alone irresponsible, to ignore it. Even if you're not on board with the science of climate change, most would agree that developing alternatives to fossil fuel energy consumption is of vital importance strategically for reasons of national and economic security.

I suggest that people quit allowing your politicians to use this issue as a political wedge issue and start coming up with action plans to deal with it.
    other than bluster, could you outline your personal global warming fighting strategy?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

so you advocate taking action and doing something (whatever that is) but then don't do anything yourself to battle man caused global warming? how obtuse.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]

Here's a few tens of thousands that are from the USA who don't accept global warming of which I am one...

http://www.petitionproject.org/

31,487 American scientists have signed this petition,
    including 9,029 with PhDs

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    Here's a few tens of thousands that are from the USA who don't accept global warming of which I am one...

http://www.petitionproject.org/

31,487 American scientists have signed this petition,
    including 9,029 with PhDs

And how many flat-earth petitions do you have?
    That is the most meaningless "petition" I've ever seen. Do you think the laws of physics are influenced by petitions? Why don't we just petition gravity away, so we can all lose those extra pounds?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    And how many flat-earth petitions do you have?
    That is the most meaningless "petition" I've ever seen. Do you think the laws of physics are influenced by petitions? Why don't we just petition gravity away, so we can all lose those extra pounds?
    You didn't get the point of the petition. That's obvious since it took you only 16 minutes to respond and you engaged your self-righteous bloviation instead of your brain. Now take a deep breath, reread the petition and THINK!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...climate-accord

Wow! Well, I guess I'm right again. And the libs take another one to the chin. Not in a gay way or anything...