The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Government and the 1st. Amendment

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    On your part?

I find it ironically upsetting that govt officials are outraged about the Wikileaks revealing "intimate govt secrets"; while these same officials insist that they be allowed to use the "Patriot" Act etc to look into private citizens private affairs, or the TSA be allowed to do body scans or "pat downs" that would qualify as sexual assault if you or I did the same

All in the interest of Security???? If these govt officials were any good at security then Mr. Assange would have never been able to get the "sensitive and revealing" documents to release in the first place.

I still remember after the 9-11 attacks when people were afraid to go out of the house, George Bush told us that we should resume travelling, shopping etc. and return to our normal way of living. He stated that if we allowed the terrorists to change the way we do things, and give up our freedoms then the terrorists had won.
    Since that time the govt has forced us to change many of the things we do and how we do them. If I'm going to be felt up at the airport I'd prefer it to be done by a person of my choosing.

Mile high club regards
    By the way we have changed doing things the terrorists have already won didn't you know that????????????? Your phone conversations are not private anymore and I wouldn't put anything on the internet that you don't want the government to know about. You can't get on an airplane without being frisked and xrayed.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 12-05-2010 at 01:44 PM.

Hey subroc, I answered your question, when are you going to answer mine?

You're right, cotts...our govt shouldn't have any secrets. Transparency in all areas is such a wonderful idea. Of course, the more our terrorists know about us, the less they'll hate us, right?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40526224...news-security/

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    You're right, cotts...our govt shouldn't have any secrets. Transparency in all areas is such a wonderful idea. Of course, the more our terrorists know about us, the less they'll hate us, right?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40526224...news-security/
    Instead of putting words into my mouth how about reading what I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Instead of putting words into my mouth how about reading what I posted.
    I read what you posted. I also read what you typed. They contradict each other. The article you posted seems to say that wikileaks is not wrong to disclose the info that they have and that the govt has no right to hide anything from the American people. You claim that you think the govt should hide things, but people don't normally post articles they don't agree with. Which way is it?