The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: obama today

Banned

Default obama today

his metaphor about hostages and hangings was STUPID
    but i applaud him for reaching across the aisle and finding common ground. thats what bipartisanship is all about.

but yet the far left now has him in their sights.

poor bastard cant win for loosing....
    but i will go on record for applauding his efforts here. THAT was bipartisanship; not demanding the other side agree only to what you want.

he is maybe starting to "get it", the far left is not his huckleberry.......

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    THAT was bipartisanship; not demanding the other side agree only to what you want.

I think the right, and now the left, totally underestimate his intelligence. It would be proper and fitting to question his philosophy and politics, but not his intelligence.

What he has done is postpone the REAL discussion on these tax cuts until the campaign season, at which time he will ask the republicans how they have paid for their tax cuts, and what jobs they have produced. The risk is, that the job market will recover and they will have an answer. Its a gamble that his second term will balance upon. Unless there are significant fair trade policies enacted, I don't see tax policy as affecting jobs at all, so its probably a safe bet.

The arguement that the "job providers" will have more money at their disposal, and will therefore create more jobs via tax cuts, has already been debunked by the fact that American companies are RIGHT NOW sitting on some of the largest profits and reserves of cash in the history of our country, and where are the jobs? Even if companies have extra cash, why give it to high-dollar American workers when Chinese will do it for less? TRADE POLICY, not TAX policy, will affect our job market.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777;714261[I
    ]I think the right, and now the left, totally underestimate his intelligence.[/I] It would be proper and fitting to question his philosophy and politics, but not his intelligence.

What he has done is postpone the REAL discussion on these tax cuts until the campaign season, at which time he will ask the republicans how they have paid for their tax cuts, and what jobs they have produced. The risk is, that the job market will recover and they will have an answer. Its a gamble that his second term will balance upon. Unless there are significant fair trade policies enacted, I don't see tax policy as affecting jobs at all, so its probably a safe bet.

The arguement that the "job providers" will have more money at their disposal, and will therefore create more jobs via tax cuts, has already been debunked by the fact that American companies are RIGHT NOW sitting on some of the largest profits and reserves of cash in the history of our country, and where are the jobs? Even if companies have extra cash, why give it to high-dollar American workers when Chinese will do it for less? TRADE POLICY, not TAX policy, will affect our job market.
    sorry....thats a sttreeeeeeeeeeeeetch. he is playing both ends against the middle. no more.

Total replay of what Clinton had to do once the Republicans took office in 1994!

Banned

He's trying to look "moderate" to the majority of both sides -------- Purely a ploy for the next election.