The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What recession??

My 2001 F-250 Diesel with 274,000 miles looks better every day. My goal is 500,000.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I hear radio ads daily for local WA Chevy dealers offering 1/2 ton Silverados at 0% for 6 years!?!
    And the best your PA guy can do is in the 8's?
    There's got to be some compromise somewhere, if PBO & the rep's can do it!
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    This is unbelievable! I'm sitting in the dealer, almost willing to shell out a ridiculous price for a new truck, and the best they can incentivize is 5.5%!

So I call my bank, and the loan officer (a personal friend) said the dealers have the best rates available, and could only quote a 6% finance!

You would think that with banks sitting on record amounts of capital, and GM wanting to recover, there would be some incentives out there? The attitude was pretty much, yeah we're expensive, take it or leave it.

I can't figure this economy out. To hell with it. My GMC only has 38k on it, the radio is broken, but is by far the most reasonable offer out there. The banks can sit on their money, so can GM......SO CAN I.
    not to mention the fact that the banks are getting their money virtually free from the Fed now. Amazing.

My truck had a $40k sticker in it. I bought it for $27k. But gas prices were $4/gallon then and NOBODY wanted a truck then. The dealer confided that they were making money on it, which tells you something...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I got my 08' 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 for 30K out the door. Sticker was 48K, but that was when gas was high and diesel was higher. Still I needed the truck as my 150K 98' Yukon had hung me out to dry causing me to miss a duck hunt and we weren't having anymore of that!
    "In GOD we TRUST, for everything else there's JUMPMASTERS!"

Proudly owned by CPR HR Tiger Mountain Liberty "Libby"

You need to support the GM machine and their efforts to strengthen the mexican economy; http://www.industryweek.com/articles...ico_22462.aspx
    Maybe they can attract non-hispanic workers to move south for less wage than they used to make here?

Ford has 0% financing, and a lot of rebates, Got a good deal on my 2010 f150 FX4 loaded with every option, Took their ford financing rebate which comes with an extra rebate as well and had my bank buyout the loan the following week for a lower rate, I did not qualify for the 0% though. I don't know many people who do.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Duck and I joked about buying new trucks recently.
    My current lease is up soon, and I went to price an upgrade.

Has anyone looked at new truck prices lately????
    You'd think it was prosperous times.

A 2500HD with a mid-level trim package (LT)....mid to upper 40s!!
    When I asked about a lease, the best they could come up with was 39 months at $819/mo!!!!!!

Oh well, looks like I'm buying out my old truck, and will be only somewhat happy about it. I told Chevy where they can park theirs.

Am I just stingy, or are those prices ri-f*$%ing-diculous!??
    LOL! This from a guy in a profession that when I see his counterpart charges me $116 for at most ten minutes of his time!

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    LOL! This from a guy in a profession that when I see his counterpart charges me $116 for at most ten minutes of his time!
    Getting your head examined again?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

This is unbelievable! I'm sitting in the dealer, almost willing to shell out a ridiculous price for a new truck, and the best they can incentivize is 5.5%!

So I call my bank, and the loan officer (a personal friend) said the dealers have the best rates available, and could only quote a 6% finance!

You would think that with banks sitting on record amounts of capital, and GM wanting to recover, there would be some incentives out there? The attitude was pretty much, yeah we're expensive, take it or leave it.

I can't figure this economy out. To hell with it. My GMC only has 38k on it, the radio is broken, but is by far the most reasonable offer out there. The banks can sit on their money, so can GM......SO CAN I.
    At those prices GM wants to recover quickly