The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What recession??

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Getting your head examined again?
    Aren't you the guy who always lambastes me for taking the low road?

LMAO Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    Aren't you the guy who always lambastes me for taking the low road?

LMAO Regards,
    Yep. Now go pay your doctor bill....just like a plumber, dog trainer, or mechanic, he rendered a service, and deserves to be paid.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Getting your head examined again?
    What a second...are you saying his head is in his...hmmm. Pretty clever one, dnf! LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Nope, I'm not a doctor. Just a poor blue collar worker here... Personally, I think you should have seen what kind of deal they could offer you for cash. Maybe a buy one, get one half off sale...

94 toyota pickup regards...
    You won’t get any special deal for offering cash. The dealer is going to get paid in full right away from either you (cash) or the finance company you use. In fact, the dealer would rather you finance the vehicle and allow his finance dept. to arrange the financing. The finance company allows the dealer to bump the rate by a ¼ to ¾ points. The finance company get the deal and the interest, and the dealer gets to keep the extra. It’s their reward for booking the deal with through the finance company. That’s how the dealership finance dept. becomes a profit center.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You may look at purchasing one out here. They are giving away free guns with the purchase of a new truck.

Pete
    I will buy my own guns, but if they throw in a duck/goose hunting lease, then I could be persuaded to take a look...as long as its not a Dodge
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    On a bigger truck, allow the dealer to make $500. to $1,000. over the actual cost to them. Domestic dealers will also get a 3% quarterly from the MFG for eevry unit they sell so, the dealer just wants to roll iron slightly above thier cost.
    You may be able to get the dealer’s cost on Edmunds, but that only gives you a starting point for negotiations. Most dealers will not take $500 - $1,000 over cost on a truck today. Once the recession hit, manufacturers cut truck production dramatically. For a while, truck and large SUVs are in very short supply, which meant the dealer could command a higher price for them. He doesn’t have to accept such a small profit margin because someone else will be willing to pay more just to get one. At one point, dealers wouldn’t even trade a truck or large SUV to another dealer because they didn’t know when they would get more. You know how supply & demand works. The reduced supply has allowed dealers to book higher profit margins.

Plus, the dealer has to pay the salesperson, office staff, and other dealership cost out of that profit. If all he makes is $500, there wouldn’t be much to go around. He wouldn’t be in business long.

The 3% you were referring to is generally known as “hold back” (and, it’s not always 3%). However, the manufacturer does not pay that to the dealer. They refund it to the dealer. The dealer pays that additional money on each vehicle, and it is refunded to the dealer either quarterly or monthly depending on which plan the dealer chooses. It does reduce the final cost of the vehicle to the dealer, but it is not extra money. Sometimes dealers will lower the price of the vehicle knowing their final cost will be reduced.

The only thing the manufacturers pay the dealer is floor plan interest credit to help offset the interest they pay their finance company on each vehicle. If the dealer sells the vehicle quickly enough, he can keep the extra money. Some dealers are able to pay cash for their vehicles, so they get to keep all of that money, but there aren’t many dealers that can afford to pay cash for their vehicles.

If they show you an invoice, it is not a real invoice. Just trust edmonds to give you the right number. The invoice a dealership is willing to show is what the dealership's management company charges the dealership for the unit. It is packed with additional cost like; office help, advertising etc. Again, trust edmunds to have it correct!
    The invoice the dealer shows you is provided to them by the manufacturer, not by a management company. It is illegal for the dealer to change the invoice and present it to you. The invoice lists the MSRP and invoice price of the base vehicle and all options. It also shows shipping costs, advertising, and holdback amounts. There are no office help charges or other items added. All retail invoices have advertising included. This reflects the cost the manufacturer paid to purchase national advertising, and there is usually local advertising costs included too (dealers, as a group, pay a local advertising group to handle the local ads you see on TV and hear on the radio). Those costs are passed on to the buyer. Edmunds can have the national advertising amount, but not the local amount. That varies by market, and some dealers opt out completely. Only Fleet, government, and municipal order avoid advertising.

All vehicles are overpriced, afterall we have to support the UAW!
    I wonder why the foreign vehicles, like Toyota and Honda, cost so much? No UAW workers at their plants.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I wonder why the foreign vehicles, like Toyota and Honda, cost so much? No UAW workers at their plants.
    Because they last longer...supply and demand...

94 toyota pickup...runs like brand new...no maintenance cost beyond tires/oil change/brakes in the last 4 years that I have owned it regards,

Quote Originally Posted by JJaxon View Post
    You need to support the GM machine and their efforts to strengthen the mexican economy; http://www.industryweek.com/articles...ico_22462.aspx
    Maybe they can attract non-hispanic workers to move south for less wage than they used to make here?
    All of the manufacturers have plants in Mexico, and have for years. Lower wages in Mexico and overseas is why manufacturing is suffering in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post

The invoice the dealer shows you is provided to them by the manufacturer, not by a management company. It is illegal for the dealer to change the invoice and present it to you. The invoice lists the MSRP and invoice price of the base vehicle and all options. It also shows shipping costs, advertising, and holdback amounts. There are no office help charges or other items added. All retail invoices have advertising included. This reflects the cost the manufacturer paid to purchase national advertising, and there is usually local advertising costs included too (dealers, as a group, pay a local advertising group to handle the local ads you see on TV and hear on the radio). Those costs are passed on to the buyer. Edmunds can have the national advertising amount, but not the local amount. That varies by market, and some dealers opt out completely. Only Fleet, government, and municipal order avoid advertising.

I don't know of any dealerships that do not add a "pack" to thier invoices.

In other words, the management company gets invoiced from the mfg. The mangement company then turns around and delivers the vehicle to the dealership with the "pack". That "pack" helps to cover some of the dealerships cost.

Are you saying that cost to dealerships are no longer "packed"?

Also, though Asian mfg's do not employ UAW workers in most of thier plants, the additioanl cost can usually be attributed to the foreign exchange rate.

P S
    I am going to drive my 07 F150 until I can buy a new vehilce that runs on CNG.
    Last edited by Franco; 12-10-2010 at 03:32 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Back in september I picked up a GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab short box.. It stickered at 42k.. By the time the rebates and my GM points came around I walked out at 31k. I also financed through Citizens bank.. 72 months at 3.29%
    Wayne Beck

RIP Moose 2/6/00-1/21/10
    Bull's Harley Road Hog 5/1/10-(in training)
    Bull's Kunte Kinte 11/7/12-