The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting DADT issue

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    Yes. people can have knowledge of other careers. But don't pass yourself off as an expert in it just because you talked to someone about it.

And yes, it is second hand info. The first hand info is if he went to military chaplain training himself. When you state, unequivocally, that "They are specifically trained to render spiritual counselling to soldiers of all faiths, in a compassionate, nonjudgemental way. " then a reasonable person assumes that you have first hand knowledge of the subject.
    Here ya go, Woody.
    This is from the official Army Chaplain Corps website.
    Is this "first hand" enough for you??

Army Chaplains are expected to observe the distinctive doctrines of their faith while also honoring the right of others to observe their own faith. The Army is a pluralistic environment. Rabbis, Ministers, Imams and Priests serve our Soldiers with conviction and commitment. While serving their own faith groups in the Army, chaplains also ensure and provide the means for others to observe their own faith in accordance with US law and regulations.

http://www.goarmy.com/chaplain/about.html
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

While most military personnel see no problem serving with openly gay comrades,
    what data supports this assertion?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Here ya go, Woody.
    This is from the official Army Chaplain Corps website.
    Is this "first hand" enough for you??

Army Chaplains are expected to observe the distinctive doctrines of their faith while also honoring the right of others to observe their own faith. The Army is a pluralistic environment. Rabbis, Ministers, Imams and Priests serve our Soldiers with conviction and commitment. While serving their own faith groups in the Army, chaplains also ensure and provide the means for others to observe their own faith in accordance with US law and regulations.

http://www.goarmy.com/chaplain/about.html
    You could have avoided all of this nonsense if you didn't make it sound as if you had first hand knowledge of the situation, but of course that would show us that you aren't the know-it-all that you want us to think you are.

And of course this won't be the last word on the subject because you don't let anybody have the last word.

You could have avoided all of this nonsense if you didn't make it sound as if you had first hand knowledge of the situation,
    A much easier way to avoid all this nonsense is to resume ignoring your childish nit-picking, but it was too easy to slam dunk you this time.

see ya!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

You could have avoided all of this nonsense if you didn't make it sound as if you had first hand knowledge of the situation, but of course that would show us that you aren't the know-it-all that you want us to think you are.

And of course this won't be the last word on the subject because you don't let anybody have the last word.
    Actually, the nonsense would have been avoided if you hadn't chosen to lead with an insult without addressing any of the issues raised. The reality is that the army does not pay chaplains to help them spread their faith. Among other things, that would be un-Constitutional. It pays them to support our troops in a harsh environment. If a minister believes that his beliefs do not allow him to do that job he should resign. If the army doesn't care what religion, if any, a soldier believes, the chaplains have no business trying to convince soldiers that one brand is better. It is their job to minister to all. If the Army doesn't care about the sexual orientation of our soldiers, then chaplains have to be willing to minister to all.

In my book, the issue is a slamdunk.

If a gay person wants to put thier life on the line to protect my freedom, then I wish them good health!

Wasn't that long ago that African Americans weren't worthy of carrying an M-1 rifle into combat.

Religious politics has no place in the U S Armed Forces!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

If a gay person wants to put thier life on the line to protect my freedom, then I wish them good health!

Wasn't that long ago that African Americans weren't worthy of carrying an M-1 rifle into combat.

Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    You are kinda like the republican Roger Perry.
    Clay, please don't insult Roger that way...It's definitely below the belt...

Did I really just say that?

BTW, are you headed to the training day on Sat?

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

Did it start as Religious politics though? It was signed in by Clinton after all. I don't really know what to think. The military isn't afforded the same rights as citizens and I think that what is best for the military functioning as a unit is what they should stick with. Now whether that is with or without don't ask don't tell i don't know nor do i really care that is for the pentagon to decide and they are researching it to see the impact it would have on the military readiness and other things. The last thing we need is for some idiot to beat, maim, or kill a gay person after don't ask don't tell is repealed.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Clay, please don't insult Roger that way...It's definitely below the belt...

Did I really just say that?

BTW, are you headed to the training day on Sat?

Both the guys, long walk on a short pier. Perfect ending.

No, wish I could make it, but my 7 year old son has his first basketball game and I can't miss that. I know it will be a good time though.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown