The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: layout blind recommendations?

I bought the Cabela's Ultimate blind yesterday for $149. They are having a big clearance sale on decoys, bags and blinds. You can order online for the same discount.

I looked at the GHG and Avery blinds, but liked the ease of setup of the rig 'em right blind - as well as the fact that my lab could enter from the rear. I bought mine from Schumacher's Waterfowl Supply (online). He carries four different blinds and was very helpful in answering my questions. Good luck.

Look at Rogers sporting goods. In Liberty Mo. They have a goose buster I think it's called. Our hunting party has tried them all. And the Rogers brand is the best.
    Bryan Corbett
    Ten Bears Wild Road Trip "Reece"

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan 3x View Post
    Look at Rogers sporting goods. In Liberty Mo. They have a goose buster I think it's called. Our hunting party has tried them all. And the Rogers brand is the best.
    I almost ordered one last season ...I will this season. Those guys at Rogers are top notch to deal with ,I always give them first look when buying any gear. Great customer service.

I have tortured my GHG dog blind and it was great ,I will only have the same one again. I zip tied one end together (door flaps) to help wind from blowing threw like a wind tunnel.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

I have the GHG dog blind and have had it for a while now, seems to be really tough and works well with my dog. So I guess another approval for the GHG.
    Rankin' Retrievers

I have used an Avery Finisher for years, works well except I am older and when it is cold, my hands get stiff. Putting those pins in the corners to set up the blind is down right painful and take to long...this year I bought one of the new Cabala's blinds that "snap" in place on the corners. I used it all year, boy do I love this blind. I am set up in minutes giving me extra time to pull in local material to add camo over. I highly recommend it..also I am a big guy, 6'2", 250+....I fit in this blind fine...as for my dog, I have a separate blind, Mutt Hut...works well for set up but it took some time to get my dog to cover up in it....