The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: Gonna see it or not?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes! Its an awesome flick being remade with great actors

13 50.00%
  • Hell no! Its sacrilege to mess with a John Wayne classic!

13 50.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: True Grit: Yeah or Nay

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I believe The Magnificent Seven was a remake of a Japanese movie, Seven Samurai.
    but Toshiro Mifune is not as cool as Steve McQueen, Yul Brynner,or James Coburn and not has as tough as Charles Bronson
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Banned

so then what about remaking wizard of oz????/

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    so then what about remaking wizard of oz????/
    Happens every so often inside the "beltway". The man behind the curtain still remains the same though. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Happens every so often inside the "beltway". The man behind the curtain still remains the same though. JD
    Who? Soros?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Who? Soros?
    If that is what you choose to believe....let me rephrase then...'those' behind the curtain.

Find your demons were you will. Demons percieved are indeed demons realized. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Are you kidding! Absolutely yes. If he were alive today John Wayne would be the first in line to see this movie. No doubt about it and I consider True Grit a Top 5 movie.
    NO WAY IN HELL THE DUKE'S FIRST IN LINE. MARSHALL RUBEN J. "ROOSTER" COGBURN [U]WAS[U] JOHN WAYNE, IS FIRST, LAST, AND ONLY OSCAR WINNER.
    PROUD OWNER OF "THE BIG YELLA BEAST FROM THE NORTHEAST" - RIDGEVIEW'S TRUE GRIT A.K.A. "DUKE"

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    the dialog in the original movie was outstanding.
    YEAH, SO OUTSTANDING THEY COPIED MOST OF IT FOR THE REMAKE, SO MUCH FOR ORIGINALITY
    PROUD OWNER OF "THE BIG YELLA BEAST FROM THE NORTHEAST" - RIDGEVIEW'S TRUE GRIT A.K.A. "DUKE"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    IMHO there are a few Westerns that you just dont touch

1. High Noon

2. The Magnificent Seven

3. Tombstone

4. Outlaw Josey Wales

5. True Grit

6. Shane
    AMEN TO THAT! BUT IF YOU ABSOLUTELY HAD TO REMAKE TRUE GRIT, WHAT ABOUT KURT RUSSELL? WYATT EARP FROM TOMBSTONE + SNAKE PLISSKEN FROM ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK HAS GOT TO = A BETTER ROOSTER THAN THE DUDE FROM THE BIG LEBOWSKI!!

Sorry For All The Venom, But There Are Some Things You Just Don't Do, Lines That Shouldn't Be Crossed. And Anything John Wayne Falls Into That Category.

My Dad And I Got Our Names From The Duke's Sons (jeffery And James) In Big Jake, 3 Of My Sons Got Named After John Wayne Characters (jacob Ethan From Big Jake And The Searchers, Samuel From North To Alaska, And John Thomas Or J.t. From Rio Bravo) And As You Can See From My Dog's Name I Particularly Am Fond Of True Grit. I'd Rather Watch A John Wayne Movie That I've Seen A 100 Times And Can Recite The Lines By Heart Than Most Of The Hollywood Crap Of Today.

Quote Originally Posted by WALDMAN79 View Post
    Sorry For All The Venom, But There Are Some Things You Just Don't Do, Lines That Shouldn't Be Crossed. And Anything John Wayne Falls Into That Category.

My Dad And I Got Our Names From The Duke's Sons (jeffery And James) In Big Jake, 3 Of My Sons Got Named After John Wayne Characters (jacob Ethan From Big Jake And The Searchers, Samuel From North To Alaska, And John Thomas Or J.t. From Rio Bravo) And As You Can See From My Dog's Name I Particularly Am Fond Of True Grit. I'd Rather Watch A John Wayne Movie That I've Seen A 100 Times And Can Recite The Lines By Heart Than Most Of The Hollywood Crap Of Today.

I am with you, check my tag line.....pilgrim!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis