The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Jones Made His Point

Default Mr. Jones Made His Point

I think Mr. Jones made his point!

Seems a guy cruises through a stop*sign and gets pulled over by a local policeman. Guy hands the cop his drivers license, insurance verification plus his concealed carry permit.

"OK Mr. Jones," the cop says, "I see your CCW permit. Are you carrying today?"

"Yes, I am."

"Well then, better tell me what you've got."

Jones says, "well I've got a .357 revolver in my inside coat pocket. There's a 9mm semi-auto in the glove box and I've got a .22 magnum derringer in my boot."

"Okay," the cop says. "anything else?"

"Yeah, back in the trunk, there's an AR15 and a shotgun. Thats about it."

"Mr. Jones are you on your way to or from a gun range?"

"Nope"

"Well then, what are you afraid of?"

"Not a damn thing!"

Best post you've ever made Gman

That's what I'm talking about, "Peace through Superior Firepower!"
    "In GOD we TRUST, for everything else there's JUMPMASTERS!"

Proudly owned by CPR HR Tiger Mountain Liberty "Libby"

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
    Robert A. Heinlein
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Thats a nice story, but why in the world would you bait getting hassled by giving a cop your CWP?? The C stands for concealed, and he has no business knowing about it during a routine traffic stop. I keep it my business, unless he specifically asks.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Thats a nice story, but why in the world would you bait getting hassled by giving a cop your CWP?? The C stands for concealed, and he has no business knowing about it during a routine traffic stop. I keep it my business, unless he specifically asks.
    it pulls up on their cruiser screen, usually, along with arrest warrents, etc. so if you dont' bring it up, they already know. telling them typically is just a courtesy and they sometimes go easy on the fine.
    find me on the web

Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post
    it pulls up on their cruiser screen, usually, along with arrest warrents, etc. so if you dont' bring it up, they already know. telling them typically is just a courtesy and they sometimes go easy on the fine.
    What fine?
    I'm sure most cops won't have any trouble with that, but I'm just not in the habit of volunteering anything they don't ask for.

We have one real jerk here. Actually pulled his cruiser onto a sidewalk to block a grandmother and grandson, and cited them for operating a vehicle on a sidewalk. (a John Deere battery powered scooter) Made the toddler get out of the vehicle, and had the grandmother push it home. Fortunately, the story was witnessed, and made the local paper, humiliating and disgracing him. He's now retired. I wouldn't volunteer the time of day to him, even if he asked.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

dnf aren't you smart enough to know this post is just for fun? Why get tied up in your underwear over a harmless post? You never cease to amaze me.

I'm not tied up at all. You're the one who is amazed.
    I have several friends who are cops, and have befriended most of the cops around here through my work in the ER. And almost all of them admit they are real jerks when dealing with the public! Its how they establish dominance. Relax, I'm just having fun too. Hopefully, I didn't offend a G-man?? Agent 0046? Sorry.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I'm not tied up at all. You're the one who is amazed.
    I have several friends who are cops, and have befriended most of the cops around here through my work in the ER. And almost all of them admit they are real jerks when dealing with the public! Its how they establish dominance. Relax, I'm just having fun too. Hopefully, I didn't offend a G-man?? Agent 0046? Sorry.
    i just asked my brother abouit this comment, he is a 30+ yr cop and now police chief of a force of 38.

i wont print his answer. suffice it to say his opinion of the author is about the same as mine.