The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Jones Made His Point

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I have a CWP and one of the first things one learns in the 8 hour class required to get one is that if one is stopped by any Law Enforcement Officer that it is your responsibility to immediatly inform them that you are carrying a concealed weapon by showing them your permit.
    That is the same in WI.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Couldn't afford private schools for the kids, so moved back near Pittsburgh where the public schools are ranked much higher. Plus, wanted to train at a world class medical center without having to sit in traffic 2 hours a day to get there.

Definately miss the spec fishin', BBQ, and Greune Hall!
    Last time I checked it still doesn't have air conditioning but the beer is very cold. You left out Luckenbach, where everybody is somebody. The beer there is cold too I guess because they don't have A/C either.
    Last edited by M&K's Retrievers; 12-13-2010 at 08:58 AM.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I just traveled through Iowa, Kansas, and Nebraska on my way to and from a week in Texas. I was traveling alone late at night and since I have a permit to carry here in South Dakota thought about bringing my 9 mm along. I was disappointed to find that those states do not honor my permit, but my state honors theirs. I left my gun at home. I would have felt a lot more comfortable walking into public bathrooms at 2 am if I was packing.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I just traveled through Iowa, Kansas, and Nebraska on my way to and from a week in Texas. I was traveling alone late at night and since I have a permit to carry here in South Dakota thought about bringing my 9 mm along. I was disappointed to find that those states do not honor my permit, but my state honors theirs. I left my gun at home. I would have felt a lot more comfortable walking into public bathrooms at 2 am if I was packing.
    I'd rather be judged by 12 than burried by 6.

Though I have several bigger caliber pistols in my truck and thoughout my house, I love carrying my semi-auto Walther P22. Small, dependable and very accurate. Though the company is owned by Smith & Wesson, Walthers are still made in Germany.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I have a CWP and one of the first things one learns in the 8 hour class required to get one is that if one is stopped by any Law Enforcement Officer that it is your responsibility to immediatly inform them that you are carrying a concealed weapon by showing them your permit.
    That's what I have always heard as well.

Thats a nice story, but why in the world would you bait getting hassled by giving a cop your CWP?? The C stands for concealed, and he has no business knowing about it during a routine traffic stop. I keep it my business, unless he specifically asks.
    I have always let the officer now that I am carrying. Most times I have gotten a response of " Oh..ok" or "what do you carry?" I prefer to tell them before it comes up when they run my info, if it already hasn't been ran.

The one time I didn't it was a very courteous traffic stop afterwords. Better just to notify them, and to me it shows you have a background check, are somewhat a good citizen and you are not hiding the fact that you have a gun.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Actually, I talked to someone more in the know than me today and it is law to make the officer aware of you CWP. The first time you don't tell them, you get a slap on the wrist. The second time, you go to court and the third time your permit gets yanked and you can never get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Jmtc, but a lot of the "jerk" mentality stems from the members of the public the cops have to primarily deal with.
    When I lived in L.A. many the cops I had off duty dealings with had the "us vs them" attitude; ie "There's cops, cop's families, and scum". That's a quote from a 25 year LAPD veteran.
    Thanks for pointing that out. That was the extent of my point. My best friend growing up is a Houston police, another a PA state trooper, and I know they're good guys. I also know, they aren't quite as nice on patrol, mainly because of the people they deal with.

As for PA, nothing was conveyed to me through two CWP renewals that you MUST bare all when pulled over. If they ask, I will answer honestly. But I do not volunteer information. I also carry medical devices that require a phyisicans' supervision. I don't yell out I'm a doctor, show him my license, and start pulling out controlled substances from my bag. They don't really care.

By the way, a dear friend who is now a 30 yr retired officer used to crack us up by classifying everyone as a cop, a floater, or a sinker. I was honored to be in the "floater" category. You don't want to be a sinker!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Thanks for pointing that out. That was the extent of my point. My best friend growing up is a Houston police, another a PA state trooper, and I know they're good guys. I also know, they aren't quite as nice on patrol, mainly because of the people they deal with.

As for PA, nothing was conveyed to me through two CWP renewals that you MUST bare all when pulled over. If they ask, I will answer honestly. But I do not volunteer information. I also carry medical devices that require a phyisicans' supervision. I don't yell out I'm a doctor, show him my license, and start pulling out controlled substances from my bag. They don't really care.

By the way, a dear friend who is now a 30 yr retired officer used to crack us up by classifying everyone as a cop, a floater, or a sinker. I was honored to be in the "floater" category. You don't want to be a sinker!
    Oh brother! Let the backpedaling begin!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    Oh brother! Let the backpedaling begin!
    yeah, and in post 16 he said "I'll end my participation in this thread......" but he keeps coming back up like a zit with a new head the next morning after you pop it.