The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: An eye for an eye

Default An eye for an eye

What do you think of this form of justice in limited use?

Eye for an eye: Iranian man sentenced to have drops of acid poured onto his face for blinding his lover's husband
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...s-husband.html
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post

Our diversity and multiculturalism is our strength, we must show tolerance for other cultures. To honor this we must allow Sharia Law into this country as well.

Make sure you got the right guy first!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    Our diversity and multiculturalism is our strength, we must show tolerance for other cultures. To honor this we must allow Sharia Law into this country as well.
    not asking about sharia law, just the concept of that kind of justice. this is a good example to look at societal retribution for a malicious act.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Make sure you got the right guy first!
    agree.....
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I think it's a bad idea...

You mean like if a politician is caught lying to his constituents, his tongue could be cut out?
    Hmmm, let me think about that one a while. ok?

Mojtaba's probably lucky in the sense that they didn't order his "kir" cut off for the illicit affair with the victim's wife as well!

In the meantime, aren't you glad that countries with judicial systems like this get to grade our UN Human Rights "report card"?
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I think it's a bad idea...

I also think it is a bad idea
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Banned

very draconian, though many think that of the regular death penalty which i do support, even after having an old "friend" get it. i talked to him a little bit by email up until 4 days before, and talked to his amnesty international supporters afterward, and i still support it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    You mean like if a politician is caught lying to his constituents, his tongue could be cut out?
    Hmmm, let me think about that one a while. ok?

Mojtaba's probably lucky in the sense that they didn't order his "kir" cut off for the illicit affair with the victim's wife as well!

In the meantime, aren't you glad that countries with judicial systems like this get to grade our UN Human Rights "report card"?
    I will go for that