The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boehner on 60 minutes

Default Boehner on 60 minutes

I'm surprised that some of the progressives on this forum didn't comment on the future Speaker's appearance on 60 minutes.

Strikes me as a fairly normal guy, somewhat emotional, who is not ashamed of his family & his roots. I particularly liked the part about cutting all House budgets by 5%. A good start , but more is needed in the way of cutting.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Hey Dick Vermeil is a crier and he won a Super Bowl
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Thats because progressives and independents aren't as bloodthirsty politically as conservatives have shown to be.

So the guy blows bubbles? Probably just emotionally labile. Perhaps he just came off a bad round of golf? No big deal.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

60 minutes is still on the air?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Thats because progressives and independents aren't as bloodthirsty politically as conservatives have shown to be.

So the guy blows bubbles? Probably just emotionally labile. Perhaps he just came off a bad round of golf? No big deal.
    have you got a scorecard....its sharks feeding on sharks...its part of the dance they ALL do in Washington DC its not exclusive to any one party...and in the end its usually the American public that that feels the collateral damage
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Thats because progressives and independents aren't as bloodthirsty politically as conservatives have shown to be.So the guy blows bubbles? Probably just emotionally labile. Perhaps he just came off a bad round of golf? No big deal.
    Yeah, I can't beleive how fair they have been with Bush!!

What a crock of shat!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I'm surprised that some of the progressives on this forum didn't comment on the future Speaker's appearance on 60 minutes.

Strikes me as a fairly normal guy, somewhat emotional, who is not ashamed of his family & his roots. I particularly liked the part about cutting all House budgets by 5%. A good start , but more is needed in the way of cutting.
    Why not cut the house budget 50%? Plus, do away with thier pensions and Cadillac Health Care plans!

While they are at it, they could dissolve the Departments of Energy and Education.

End the wars in A'stan and Iraq. If they need protection, there are companies they can hire to do what they should be doing themselves.

That would be a good start as we have seen we can't afford our big government.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Yeah, I can't beleive how fair they have been with Bush!!

What a crock of shat!!

RK
    Fairness to Bush was that no one initiated impeachment proceedings in the last two years of his presidency and no one pursued criminal prosecutions after he left (despite a lot of pressure to do so). I suspect that had Bush been a Democrat with Republicans taking over in 2006, that we would have seen both. For the last 20 years, Democrats have played pussy cats to the Republicans' lions when it comes to pure vindictiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Fairness to Bush was that no one initiated impeachment proceedings in the last two years of his presidency and no one pursued criminal prosecutions after he left (despite a lot of pressure to do so). I suspect that had Bush been a Democrat with Republicans taking over in 2006, that we would have seen both. For the last 20 years, Democrats have played pussy cats to the Republicans' lions when it comes to pure vindictiveness.
    Yeah, you guys are saints. Keep moving, nothing to see here.

LMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Puleeze!!!
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth