The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Boehner on 60 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Depends on what your definintion of a crime is. If its ANYTHING against law that is in effect, then yes. I can PROMISE you that happily married military couples violate the the UCMJ everynite, if they're lucky. Apparently there is an old law that was never removed from the City of Houston charter than forbids the operation of "horseless carriages" in the city limits, so as to not spook horses.

Gibson: Drunk driving has nothing to do with this topic and you know it. That was not even a clever twist, by your standards. Drunk driving kills what-40,000 a year in this country? You're comparing apples to volkswagons.
    You started it with your facocta comment about a little lie not being an impeachable offense. Apparently others in power disagreed with you. You just don't know when to abandon an indefensible position, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    You started it with your facocta comment about a little lie not being an impeachable offense. Apparently others in power disagreed with you. You just don't know when to abandon an indefensible position, do you?

I am proud to disagree with the nimrods in Washington on a daily basis. Their approval rating is somewhere in the low-20s. Apparently others NOT in power agree with me. I"m sure you agree with the likes of Palin and Bachmann often. Good for you.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

So perjury is okay, depending on what you are lying about?

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    So perjury is okay, depending on what you are lying about?
    No, it isn't. But does it rise to the level of treason or high crimes? Really.
    Partisan politics would say "yes".
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I am proud to disagree with the nimrods in Washington on a daily basis. Their approval rating is somewhere in the low-20s. Apparently others NOT in power agree with me. I"m sure you agree with the likes of Palin and Bachmann often. Good for you.
    Yeah, you're such a genius that you know who others agree with. RIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTTT.

It's not a matter of disagreeing, it's a matter of law!

No, it isn't. But does it rise to the level of treason or high crimes? Really.
    Partisan politics would say "yes".
    What should happen to a president who commits perjury?

18 USC 1621

Whoever—
    (1) having taken an oath before a competent tribunal, officer, or person, in any case in which a law of the United States authorizes an oath to be administered, that he will testify, declare, depose, or certify truly, or that any written testimony, declaration, deposition, or certificate by him subscribed, is true, willfully and contrary to such oath states or subscribes any material matter which he does not believe to be true; or
    (2) in any declaration, certificate, verification, or statement under penalty of perjury as permitted under section 1746 of title 28, United States Code, willfully subscribes as true any material matter which he does not believe to be true;
    is guilty of perjury and shall, except as otherwise expressly provided by law, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both. This section is applicable whether the statement or subscription is made within or without the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    Yeah, you're such a genius that you know who others agree with. RIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTTT.

I hate smart people too.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    What should happen to a president who commits perjury?
    Impeachment, and if the perjury involved a sex act between two consenting adults, which was nobody's business but their own, acquittal.

Which is exactly what happened.

JD

My grandfather taught me when I was a young man, that peccadillos with the opposite gender would occur, and that a gentleman never discussed them.

BTW Clinton was President a long time ago...who gives a FRA anymore?
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Banned

So lying about the hefty girl in the blue dress is treason and impeachable, but lying about intelligence that leads to a war costing over a 100,000 deaths and wrecking our economy; and then outing the spy wife of the journalist who exposes your lies, thats okay?

You guys aren't biased, you are just true patriots, unlike Max Cleland etc

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Impeachment, and if the perjury involved a sex act between two consenting adults, which was nobody's business but their own, acquittal.

Which is exactly what happened.

JD

My grandfather taught me when I was a young man, that peccadillos with the opposite gender would occur, and that a gentleman never discussed them.

BTW Clinton was President a long time ago...who gives a FRA anymore?
    so its not a lie if what he was lying about is not a crime. got it.