The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: 800 Billion More Debt

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,347

    Default 800 Billion More Debt

    At least my states Senators are independent enough to say no to the latest midnight spending package of congress. Where is the outrage of the Tea Party over this massive extension of federal debt? Where is the outrage over another trillion dollar debt increase rushed through a lame duck session of congress without time for debate or analysis of any kind? Our country has simply gone berserk!

    http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/i...e_against.html

  2. #2
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    At least my states Senators are independent enough to say no to the latest midnight spending package of congress. Where is the outrage of the Tea Party over this massive extension of federal debt? Where is the outrage over another trillion dollar debt increase rushed through a lame duck session of congress without time for debate or analysis of any kind? Our country has simply gone berserk!

    http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/i...e_against.html
    That news is at least 10 years old!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  3. #3
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,700

    Default

    The rest of the story;

    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1


    "Nevada Democrat Harry Reid gave up on the nearly $1.3 trillion bill after several Republicans who had been thinking of voting for the bill pulled back their support."

    DD, you need to pick 1 side of your mouth and stick with it!!


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  4. #4
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The rest of the story;

    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1


    "Nevada Democrat Harry Reid gave up on the nearly $1.3 trillion bill after several Republicans who had been thinking of voting for the bill pulled back their support."

    DD, you need to pick 1 side of your mouth and stick with it!!


    RK
    Hard to do when you have to negotiate around your foot.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  5. #5
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,580

    Default

    its not the country that has gone berserk, its the elected officials, people WE ALL put in office. Both sides used the " Bush Tax Cuts" like a political football, to posture, pander and wheel and deal...this lame duck session was used to get pork projects for both sides...Until both sides get these earmarks out of bills,it will remain business as usual in Washington DC
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  6. #6
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    You gotta love a party who's raison-d'etre for the past two years has been to criticize the Bush/Obama stimulus and unfunded expenditures, then turns around and passes a 850 billion dollar stimulus package and just heap it on the already 13 trillion debt! Can anyone name ONE THING that has been done in this session to curb spending or even attempt to pay for this package? Obama froze federal payrolls to the tune of 65 billion saved. Just a whiz in the ocean, but at least its something.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,799

    Default

    Nothing like a little earmark hypocrisy...


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF9nl66i6ro


    I would expect nothing less.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  8. #8
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Nothing like a little earmark hypocrisy...


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF9nl66i6ro


    I would expect nothing less.
    Kind of like what I've been saying about both parties!

    Hard to defend Republicans when they are no better than the Democrats.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  9. #9
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Kind of like what I've been saying about both parties!

    Hard to defend Republicans when they are no better than the Democrats.
    The rest of the story;


    "Two things:

    One, this piece fails to mention the fact that it was the Tea Party folks, led by Sen Jim DeMint (R-SC), that forced the Republican senators like McConnell and Kyle to back away from earmarks.
    Two, there is no mention of the Democrat's earmarks, or the fact that Reid and Pelosi stuffed the Obama Tax Compromise with MORE spending."


    Just here to help........


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    You gotta love a party who's raison-d'etre for the past two years has been to criticize the Bush/Obama stimulus and unfunded expenditures, then turns around and passes a 850 billion dollar stimulus package and just heap it on the already 13 trillion debt! Can anyone name ONE THING that has been done in this session to curb spending or even attempt to pay for this package? Obama froze federal payrolls to the tune of 65 billion saved. Just a whiz in the ocean, but at least its something.
    Last I checked the Dems still had control of both houses and the white house. Seems they are in charge.

    You will be whining like a little girl if and when they start cutting government programs like they should.

    Your hero Obama increased federal pay the past several years and has not frozen step increases. Don't act like he is some type of savior. What needs to be done is lay off government workers or make them take a pay cut.
    John Abramson

    Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

    American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

    Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •