The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 800 Billion More Debt

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Nothing like a little earmark hypocrisy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF9nl66i6ro

I would expect nothing less.
    Your right about the few earmarks that the reps had in there but the dems had 98% to the Reps 2% of earmarks. Big difference.

Maybe you should expect more from your party.
    John Abramson

Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com

Banned

Nothing like a little earmark hypocrisy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF9nl66i6ro

I would expect nothing less.
    Horrors!!! and part of that video was taken directly from Fox News!! therefore it must be untrue!

now yardly, can you tell me what the percentage of earmarks in that bill is between dems and reps????

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Your right about the few earmarks that the reps had in there but the dems had 98% to the Reps 2% of earmarks. Big difference.

Maybe you should expect more from your party.
    Got a link for that?

I was not talking about earmarks. Personally I don't get outraged about them. Hypocrisy bothers me a lot more.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    Horrors!!! and part of that video was taken directly from Fox News!! therefore it must be untrue!

now yardly, can you tell me what the percentage of earmarks in that bill is between dems and reps????

I was wondering if anyone would notice that the video came from FOX. Glad someone over there is willing to point out the hypocrisy. Personally I appreciate my Senator Thune bringing projects to the State of South Dakota, but I don't appreciate his political posturing.

Got some documentation about the mix of earmarks in the bill?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Last I checked the Dems still had control of both houses and the white house. Seems they are in charge.

You will be whining like a little girl if and when they start cutting government programs like they should.

Your hero Obama increased federal pay the past several years and has not frozen step increases. Don't act like he is some type of savior. What needs to be done is lay off government workers or make them take a pay cut.
    1) If we're ALL not whining like little girls, then enough isn't being done. I've heard big talk about "sacrafice" but tax cuts are not sacrafice. Cuts in programs, paying your fair share of taxes, and not getting pay raises in hard economic times are a start. You don't need to tell me about it. Tell the congressional republicans, and democrats.

2) Obama is not my hero, anymore than Bush is yours. (I hope) We have been screwed, and continue to be on the receiving end of a giant shaft called Washington, being run by corporate interests and lobbyists.

The congressional republicans, while not YET in the majority, most certainly bullyed Obama into this agreement, yielding only to the 13 month unemployment benefits extension. (which many economists say are the ONLY part of this agreement that will stimulate the economy) Now they are whining that it costs too much. I can't think of a better example of the cliche about having your cake and eating it too. Maybe we should start saying, 'you can't have your tax cuts and wars, and balanced budget too!'

Just ask Europe how supply-side economics is working for them. Well, except Germany, which took REAL measures to balance their budget, and are the only economy afloat right now it seems.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

I was wondering if anyone would notice that the video came from FOX. Glad someone over there is willing to point out the hypocrisy. Personally I appreciate my Senator Thune bringing projects to the State of South Dakota, but I don't appreciate his political posturing.

Got some documentation about the mix of earmarks in the bill?
    while out training testerday i listened to a little of Rush and he said 98% was democrats. well, is that 98% of the number of earmarks or 98% of the total $$? or it could be all rush B S, who knows, but i would like find out without any bias - the total $$ percentage of both parties.

Don't know if anyone reads my posts anymore, but once again, here is $48 BILLION of the earmarks;

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1687936.html

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    At least my states Senators are independent enough to say no to the latest midnight spending package of congress. Where is the outrage of the Tea Party over this massive extension of federal debt? Where is the outrage over another trillion dollar debt increase rushed through a lame duck session of congress without time for debate or analysis of any kind? Our country has simply gone berserk!

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/i...e_against.html
    Buck up, son. Lenin, Keynes, Krugman and Obama never said overturning society was going to be easy. It's hard work debauching the currency and it takes time. Just be patient, hold on to your ankles and soon enough the dollar will be destroyed and whats left of the Constitution will be burned so that we can have the workers utopia everybody wants and your government will provide everything you need. I have no doubt this is going to turn out for the better.

We live in Cuba now.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Don't know if anyone reads my posts anymore, but once again, here is $48 BILLION of the earmarks;

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1687936.html

RK

If you think that earmark is in the bill, I want some of what you're smoking.

If you think that earmark is in the bill, I want some of what you're smoking.
    It was in the $1.1 Trillion bill of Harry Reids.

Good ole' Harry, "watchin' out for the folks!!"

Actually, the smoke of the day is a Remidios w/Maduro wrapper.
    You probably wouldn't like it.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis