The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: Police: Houston store owner kills 3 would-be robbers

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    There's nothing cool to me about having to kill someone.
    its always cool when it's the guy who intends to hurt others! period.but really - do you really think the "killer" thinks he is cool?

    the main thing is he IS cooler than the dead guy - ironic since the dead guy has "assumed room temperature" and is actually "cooler" LOL!

    so you feel sorry for someone that gets killed committing a violent crime????
    you are not someone i would want for a huckleberry regards.

    therefore i will go on record and say that i think it is cool as all get out to kill a violent criminal in the act of committing a violent crime. who cares? if he wasnt killed he would just hurt another innocent person.

    blackstone you are one sad individual.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    My comment is that "cool" is not appropriate in describing this event. What bothers me? That in my country people are using guns to kill each other every day over petty cash. The fact that the good guy apparently won this one is note worthy but entirely insignificant when looking at the problem of violence in America. In any event, 3 dead people and one hospitalized is never "cool" to me. Take it any way you want to.
    i take it as you being a hopeless pacifist liberal that would let a man break into your home and steal your guns, HDTV, and wife's jewelry.

    and you would do nothing because - hey - its just petty material wealth! you know, the kind we should be "redistributing" anyway!

    so you would actually feel good about it - forced redistribution of wealth!

    i am SOOOOO not surprised.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    i take it as you being a hopeless pacifist liberal that would let a man break into your home and steal your guns, HDTV, and wife's jewelry.

    and you would do nothing because - hey - its just petty material wealth! you know, the kind we should be "redistributing" anyway!

    so you would actually feel good about it - forced redistribution of wealth!

    i am SOOOOO not surprised.
    Try it someday David, and you'll find out. What a stupid response. What the hell is the matter with you dude?

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Try it someday David, and you'll find out. What a stupid response. What the hell is the matter with you dude?
    try what? letting someone forcefully redistribute my wealth?????

    and you ask what is wrong with me?

    talk about a stupid response. you heard it here folks, it is WRONG to use deadly force to protect your family and property from theft and violence, and in fact, you should actually allow theft and violence it so as to redistirbute your wealth..

    you have outdone yourself!
    Last edited by david gibson; 12-21-2010 at 08:49 PM.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    In any event, 3 dead people and one hospitalized is never "cool" to me. Take it any way you want to.
    when the 3 dead people are CRIMINALS that would later rob/murder/steal from others and then be a burden to pay for their upkeep in prison - well - i see their death is totally cool! i only wish it was my finger on the trigger......and i bet i am not alone here.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    My comment is that "cool" is not appropriate in describing this event. What bothers me? That in my country people are using guns to kill each other every day over petty cash. The fact that the good guy apparently won this one is note worthy but entirely insignificant when looking at the problem of violence in America. In any event, 3 dead people and one hospitalized is never "cool" to me. Take it any way you want to.
    That "petty cash" means a lot to some of us.....it means a meal or the difference between being able to pay a bill. All of us don't have money to throw away. It's "my country" also and I will defend my rights and other people's rights to keep what is theirs. We earned it by our sweat and blood so we do value it.

  7. #27
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    when the 3 dead people are CRIMINALS that would later rob/murder/steal from others and then be a burden to pay for their upkeep in prison - well - i see their death is totally cool! i only wish it was my finger on the trigger......and i bet i am not alone here.
    While I've pretty much agreed with the majority on this thread thus far, I would draw the line short of you last comment above.

    I NEVER wish to kill another person. If I have to, I would. But do I wish for that? NEVER!

    A retired biology teacher here shot and killed a drunk young man who was trying to enter his house. He was acquitted completely, and said he would do the same thing again, given the same circumstances. But he also is haunted by questions like was that just a harmless drunk who thought he was at his home? Why the hell did he have to stumble onto MY porch? Etc...

    I doubt you'll find many who WISH it was their finger on the trigger. If you do, be very afraid of those people.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    While I've pretty much agreed with the majority on this thread thus far, I would draw the line short of you last comment above.

    I NEVER wish to kill another person. If I have to, I would. But do I wish for that? NEVER!

    A retired biology teacher here shot and killed a drunk young man who was trying to enter his house. He was acquitted completely, and said he would do the same thing again, given the same circumstances. But he also is haunted by questions like was that just a harmless drunk who thought he was at his home? Why the hell did he have to stumble onto MY porch? Etc...

    I doubt you'll find many who WISH it was their finger on the trigger. If you do, be very afraid of those people.
    then be very afraid of me. i am tired of it. as a man who has had his home entered by uninvited criminals while i was at home and i actually had gunsights on their backs a few minutes later - but my better sense prevailed - well, i beg you to tell me you have more experience at this than i do. i was literally 15 seconds from a gun barrel facedown in my own home. basically, i think the perps saw a mounted deer, bobcat, and cinnamon teal and 3 dogs barking on the back porch, rememberd 2 4x4 trucks in the drive, and realized these were redneck white men with guns in this house and they better git quick. that saved their lives. 15 seconds - but it could have been my life.

    did i EVER say i WANT to be in a situation where i have to kill a criminal? kinda dumb thing to want, isnt it? because that means I would be in a position where i could be killed as well, and i dont want that, EVER. but if they are in my house then it is ON.

    i said if i was in that situation i would KILL in a HEARTBEAT. and i mean it now as much as that night about 8 yrs ago.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

  9. #29
    Senior Member gman0046's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Panama City Beach, FL
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Like Ted Nugent says "I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead repeat offenders."

  10. #30
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    then be very afraid of me. i am tired of it. as a man who has had his home entered by uninvited criminals while i was at home and i actually had gunsights on their backs a few minutes later - but my better sense prevailed - well, i beg you to tell me you have more experience at this than i do. i was literally 15 seconds from a gun barrel facedown in my own home. basically, i think the perps saw a mounted deer, bobcat, and cinnamon teal and 3 dogs barking on the back porch, rememberd 2 4x4 trucks in the drive, and realized these were redneck white men with guns in this house and they better git quick. that saved their lives. 15 seconds - but it could have been my life.

    did i EVER say i WANT to be in a situation where i have to kill a criminal? kinda dumb thing to want, isnt it? because that means I would be in a position where i could be killed as well, and i dont want that, EVER. but if they are in my house then it is ON.

    i said if i was in that situation i would KILL in a HEARTBEAT. and i mean it now as much as that night about 8 yrs ago.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    As a matter of fact, while living in the Garfield section of Pittsburgh as an intern, I had two young men (boys) climb my fire escape, break a window, and steal my PS1 while I was in the shower. After that, I showered with my Ruger Mini-14 in the bathroom, not under the bed.

    I just don't WISH to have my finger on the trigger to take anyone's life, ever. If I have to, I will. But I won't thump my chest and growl like an animal.

    Our community went through a self defense shooting, with a well-known and liked retired teacher. I can tell you, he didn't revel in the kill. He said he'd do it again to defend his home, but just wished it hadn't ever happened at all.
    People who wish to kill someone else, are scary.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •