The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Police: Houston store owner kills 3 would-be robbers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    try what? letting someone forcefully redistribute my wealth?????

and you ask what is wrong with me?

talk about a stupid response. you heard it here folks, it is WRONG to use deadly force to protect your family and property from theft and violence, and in fact, you should actually allow theft and violence it so as to redistirbute your wealth..

you have outdone yourself!
    Since I don't know you from Adam, I can only assume you're are still a juvenile. Either that, or you are incredibly naive and immature. Either way, I've got better things to do then listen to your nonsense. So I'll just quit responding again and you can walk away with the last word.

The above words are yours, not mine. Nothing I printed on this thread is ANY indication that I believe it is wrong for a man to defend himself. The fact that I don't think it's "cool" when people have gunfights somehow seems wrong to you? Glad to say I have a different set of standards bud.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson;

i said if i [I
    was[/I] in that situation i would KILL in a HEARTBEAT. and i mean it now as much as that night about 8 yrs ago.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    For every story with a nice "cool" ending as was posted here. There are many more about people with vendetta's that want to pull that trigger more than anything. Problem is, they often kill the wrong person. Lets just hope that isn't you someday. But to be honest, it sounds like your on your way. Please try and wait till you see the 'horns' before you pull your trigger. It's probably somebody's kid, drunk and being stupid, you'll be shooting.

Banned

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    For every story with a nice "cool" ending as was posted here. There are many more about people with vendetta's that want to pull that trigger more than anything. Problem is, they often kill the wrong person. Lets just hope that isn't you someday. But to be honest, it sounds like your on your way. Please try and wait till you see the 'horns' before you pull your trigger. It's probably , you'll be shooting.

are you for real? ANY criminal is somebody's kid. WTF? charles manson and all his disciples - squeaky and lynette etc - were all just drunk/stoned and somebody's kid being stupid, were they not?

if somebody's kid, drunk and being stupid, enters my house uninvited i will shoot and ask questions later. you can try and reason with him and find yourself and daughter raped/murdered worse. not me. for some reason i just think he doesnt deserve the chance to do that to me could it be an innocent situation? perhaps, but the penalty for misidentification is too severe and not the home or business owners' onus to prove. in my house, you are dead. got it?

Problem is, they often kill the wrong person.

please, please tell me how it is the wrong person when you catch them in your house or in the act of robbing your place of business????

my lord i have never encountered such a complete idiot as yourself.

Dave,
    You do know there will be a big fat man with a white beard wearing a red suit coming down your chimney in a couple of days, don't you?? Please don't shoot...he's a good guy!

God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Dave,
    You do know there will be a big fat man with a white beard wearing a red suit coming down your chimney in a couple of days, don't you?? Please don't shoot...he's a good guy!

no he is not. he is redistributing someones wealth. i will shoot on sight - i dont need no steeenkin handouts!

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    its always cool when it's the guy who intends to hurt others! period.but really - do you really think the "killer" thinks he is cool?

the main thing is he IS cooler than the dead guy - ironic since the dead guy has "assumed room temperature" and is actually "cooler" LOL!

so you feel sorry for someone that gets killed committing a violent crime????
    you are not someone i would want for a huckleberry regards.

therefore i will go on record and say that i think it is cool as all get out to kill a violent criminal in the act of committing a violent crime. who cares? if he wasnt killed he would just hurt another innocent person.

blackstone you are one sad individual.
    As usual, David, you have attempted to distort what I said. I never said I felt sorry for the guys that got killed. They put themselves in that position, and they paid the price. The ones I actually feel sorry for are the people that were forced to kill them. They are going to have to live with that for the rest of their life. Taking the life of another person has a profound impact on most people. If you don’t think so, just ask the vets that came home from war all screwed up over what they did and what they saw.

So, no, I find nothing “cool” about having to take the life of another person. But, before you call me sad, you should take a look in the mirror. If you can find some perverse pleasure in the thought of taking someone else’s life, if idea of it sounds “cool” to you, then you’re the sad individual.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have ever shot anyone?
    Seen anyone get shot?
    Been shot at?

Having said that, I highly reccomend you don't break into my home!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

...The fact that the good guy apparently won this one is note worthy but entirely insignificant when looking at the problem of violence in America. ...[/b]
    Anonymous,

I doubt the outcome was "entirely insignificant" to the store owner or his wife.

...In any event, 3 dead people and one hospitalized is never "cool" to me... Take it any way you want to.
    Personally, I would not describe the event as "cool" either, but IMO the point of the post was not describing the event, but the outcome of the event.

As to your last sentence, I wonder if you would be that curt in a face to face conversation.

fp
    www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com
    FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH "Roux"
    Bayou Magic's Rouxster Bleu QAA "Bleu"
    Bayou Magic's Dave Robicheaux QAA "Burke"
    Bayou Magic's Cletus Purcell (Knucklehead Puppy)

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -- George Herman Ruth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    As usual, David, you have attempted to distort what I said. I never said I felt sorry for the guys that got killed. They put themselves in that position, and they paid the price. The ones I actually feel sorry for are the people that were forced to kill them. They are going to have to live with that for the rest of their life. Taking the life of another person has a profound impact on most people. If you don’t think so, just ask the vets that came home from war all screwed up over what they did and what they saw.

So, no, I find nothing “cool” about having to take the life of another person. But, before you call me sad, you should take a look in the mirror. If you can find some perverse pleasure in the thought of taking someone else’s life, if idea of it sounds “cool” to you, then you’re the sad individual.
    and as usual, you read only what you want to read in any comment. reread my first sentence that you quoted slowly then the rest of the post then the please sit back down. oh, read post #2 also - even one of your own thinks it was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how many of you have ever shot anyone?
    Seen anyone get shot?
    Been shot at?

Having said that, I highly reccomend you don't break into my home!!

RK
    The first is a tasteless question in the eye's of most vet's. That's the single question I HATE being asked. But I know why you asked it.

To answer the other two, yes, yes & been hit myself, none of which are experiences I'd like to repeat but would in a heartbeat for the cause it served.

Been there, done that, got the scar's to prove it. But let me say this, yes, some people certianly have it coming. Especially if you place my life or my families life's in danger. That being said, if I never fire a live round at a live person again I will die a happy man. It's not always as easy to live with after the fact as you may think. But, In a self preservation situation you do what you have to & be glad to have that issue to live with.
    You've never lived until you've almost died, and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor, that the protected will never know..........