The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Police: Houston store owner kills 3 would-be robbers

I would have shot them too. However, it would have been with BB steel. because the only thing I own is shotguns and the only thing I hunt is ducks and geese. Other types of firearms don't work very well for shooting waterfowl, but shotguns cover all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    This IS even KOOLER!!!!!!!

http://www.youjotube.com/watch/bLQ3mXqAq_Y

Bravo!!

RK
    That is classic. Just a good old ass whoopin', I love it. You mess with the bull, you get the horns. Lesson learned.
    You've never lived until you've almost died, and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor, that the protected will never know..........

Quote Originally Posted by freefall319 View Post
    The first is a tasteless question in the eye's of most vet's. That's the single question I HATE being asked. But I know why you asked it.

To answer the other two, yes, yes & been hit myself, none of which are experiences I'd like to repeat but would in a heartbeat for the cause it served.

Been there, done that, got the scar's to prove it. But let me say this, yes, some people certianly have it coming. Especially if you place my life or my families life's in danger. That being said, if I never fire a live round at a live person again I will die a happy man. It's not always as easy to live with after the fact as you may think. But, In a self preservation situation you do what you have to & be glad to have that issue to live with.
    I agree with everything you posted.

And I think you'll agree....it ain't cool!!

Righteous maybe, cool is a poor choice of words.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have ever shot anyone?
    Seen anyone get shot?
    Been shot at?

Having said that, I highly reccomend you don't break into my home!!

RK

As part of my plea deal, I'm not allowed to discuss any of the above.

Just kidding. Thankfully, I can answer no to all the above questions. I have however, heard the last words uttered on earth of several people who have been shot. One by the police. Several accidently. One accidently while committing various other shenanigans.

It is a humbling experience. Even the one's who "asked for it". You see true regret, fear, and hopefully, a coming to the Lord (in a good way).
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

More info on the jewlery shop owner that shot/ killed 3
    Nearly a week after an east-side jewelry store owner fatally shot three armed robbers, the family has come forward today with more details about the movie-like shootout that has the community heralding Ramon Castillo as a hero.

Two men walked into the store in the 4500 block of Canal around 2 p.m. Dec. 16 and presented a 10K gold ring bearing three small diamond chips, inquiring about its value, said Ramon Castillo’s only son, 28-year-old Juan Daniel Castillo.

About five minutes later, another man — the apparent ringleader of the robbery — entered the store, holding a pistol and shouted in Spanish it was a robbery and ordered one of the other men to take the Castillos in the back and tie them up, he said.

Ramon Castillo – shot four times in the ordeal — pleaded with the robbers, dropping an emergency alert device to the floor and telling the men to take whatever they wanted.

But the men ignored him.

Ramon Castillo, described as a gentle-mannered man and generous with people in need, believed the men were going to kill him and his wife, his son said.

"They were going to tie them up and shoot them in the head," Juan Daniel Castillo said of his parents. "One man tied up my mom with plastic tie straps. They threw her on her stomach on the floor. She hit her face on the floor. Then this guy went to tie up my dad. He got a tie strap on my dad’s left hand. When this guy took my dad’s right hand and pulled it behind him, my dad reached for his gun behind his back."

As the other two robbers were still in the front of the store, the avid hunter whipped his hand around the front of his body, pointed the 9 mm Beretta behind him toward the robber and pulled the trigger — all while keeping his eyes ahead, watching for the other two men in the showroom.

"He shot him in the eye. That guy died instantly," said his son.

The two robbers up front then opened fire with pistols, sending several rounds throughout the store.

Castillo, still keeping an eye open for the gunman, told his wife to stay down and returned fire, one of his shots striking a fire extinguisher, whose fog-like substance filled the store, minimizing visibility, his son said.

Castillo then backed up — eyes still forward — grabbed a .380 and fired a few rounds toward the front of the store as he was making his way to a sawed-off shotgun leaning against a wall.

Shotgun in his hands, Castillo then moved toward the front, trying to see through the fog.

He heard a click from one of the men’s pistols, followed by the sound of a bullet cartridge hitting the floor.

Realizing that at least one of the men was out of ammunition, Castillo took aim and shot both men in the face.

They too dropped and died.

Police identified two of the men — Nelson Wilfredo Tambora-Ramiro, 21, and Onilton Bolanos Castillano, 38. A third suspect has not been identified yet.

Castillo was struck five times — in the middle of his stomach, on the right shoulder in both legs. With the exception of grazing on a knee-cap, bullets missed bones.

Three days later, doctors said he would survive and fully recover, his son said.

The family has received more than 50 letters from customers and area residents, calling him a hero and sending donations — Castillo does not have insurance.

The ring the robbers used in the ruse is in Castillos’ safe.

The family has set up a website to help with medical bills at www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo.

paige.hewitt@chron.com
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Sounds clear cut to me. The man did what he had to do to protect his family & they are alive today because of it. Good for him.
    You've never lived until you've almost died, and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor, that the protected will never know..........

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    and as usual, you read only what you want to read in any comment. reread my first sentence that you quoted slowly then the rest of the post then the please sit back down.
    What’s the point of re-reading your first sentence? It still comes out the same. This was your first sentence:

its always cool when it's the guy who intends to hurt others! [B][I]period.
    You obviously still fail to grasp my point. It doesn’t matter how you attempt to qualify who it’s cool to kill. For me, there is nothing “cool” about killing anyone. It doesn’t matter to me if they were the bad guys or the good guys. It doesn’t matter to me if they had it coming or not. There is nothing cool about taking the life of another human being. It may be necessary. It may be unavoidable, but it’s still not cool to me. Since you think I’m such a sad individual, perhaps you should read post # 40. Apparently, he has been in that situation. Ask him how “cool” he thought it was.

oh, read post #2 also - even one of your own thinks it was cool.
    One of my own? One of my own what? I didn’t realize I had claimed, or been claimed by, anyone on this board. Does he know he’s one of my own? Well, at least it shows we’re both capable of independent thought.

New details show wild shootout in East End store robbery
    By PAIGE HEWITT
    Police officers and detectives investigate the shooting of three suspected robbers by a jewelry store owner at his store east of downtown Houston Thursday, Dec. 16, 2010.
    Nearly a week after an east-side jewelry store owner fatally shot three armed robbers, the family has come forward today with more details about the movie-like shootout that has the community heralding Ramon Castillo as a hero.
    Two men walked into the store in the 4500 block of Canal around 2 p.m. Dec. 16 and presented a 10K gold ring bearing three small diamond chips, inquiring about its value, said Ramon Castillo’s only son, 28-year-old Juan Daniel Castillo.
    About five minutes later, another man — the apparent ringleader of the robbery — entered the store, holding a pistol and shouted in Spanish it was a robbery and ordered one of the other men to take the Castillos in the back and tie them up, he said.
    Ramon Castillo – shot four times in the ordeal — pleaded with the robbers, dropping an emergency alert device to the floor and telling the men to take whatever they wanted.
    But the men ignored him.
    Ramon Castillo, described as a gentle-mannered man and generous with people in need, believed the men were going to kill him and his wife, his son said.
    "They were going to tie them up and shoot them in the head," Juan Daniel Castillo said of his parents. "One man tied up my mom with plastic tie straps. They threw her on her stomach on the floor. She hit her face on the floor. Then this guy went to tie up my dad. He got a tie strap on my dad’s left hand. When this guy took my dad’s right hand and pulled it behind him, my dad reached for his gun behind his back."
    As the other two robbers were still in the front of the store, the avid hunter whipped his hand around the front of his body, pointed the 9 mm Beretta behind him toward the robber and pulled the trigger — all while keeping his eyes ahead, watching for the other two men in the showroom.
    "He shot him in the eye. That guy died instantly," said his son.
    The two robbers up front then opened fire with pistols, sending several rounds throughout the store.
    Castillo, still keeping an eye open for the gunman, told his wife to stay down and returned fire, one of his shots striking a fire extinguisher, whose fog-like substance filled the store, minimizing visibility, his son said.
    Castillo then backed up — eyes still forward — grabbed a .380 and fired a few rounds toward the front of the store as he was making his way to a sawed-off shotgun leaning against a wall.
    Shotgun in his hands, Castillo then moved toward the front, trying to see through the fog.
    He heard a click from one of the men’s pistols, followed by the sound of a bullet cartridge hitting the floor.
    Realizing that at least one of the men was out of ammunition, Castillo took aim and shot both men in the face.
    They too dropped and died.
    Police identified two of the men — Nelson Wilfredo Tambora-Ramiro, 21, and Onilton Bolanos Castillano, 38. A third suspect has not been identified yet.
    Castillo was struck five times — in the middle of his stomach, on the right shoulder in both legs. With the exception of grazing on a knee-cap, bullets missed bones.
    Three days later, doctors said he would survive and fully recover, his son said.
    The family has received more than 50 letters from customers and area residents, calling him a hero and sending donations — Castillo does not have insurance.
    The ring the robbers used in the ruse is in Castillos’ safe.
    The family has set up a website to help with medical bills at www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo.

COOL! Center mass is for girls, head/face shots kill them now. Interesting note that the store owner had 3 guns at hand. 1 BD got an eye full of 9mm and the other two got to see a load of 00 buckshot face to face. Also of note is the owner offered to give them what they wanted and they were going to take what they wanted and kill them instead.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Of the 3 men shot and killed in the attempted robbery there is 1 thing I would be interested in knowing.

Citzenship???

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Of the 3 men shot and killed in the attempted robbery there is 1 thing I would be interested in knowing.

Citzenship???

RK
    honduran.......