The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Dream Act

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Gerry et al,
    I'm not intimately familiar with pergians exact comments. if she was merely stating her position, then I have no problem, and apologize for being unclear.

My understanding from what news snippets I caught, were that she spoke in favor of a legislative ban on gay marriage. Hell, I'm opposed to that personally, but don't think it should be a law. Then it becomes systematic discrimination.

So If all she did was say she didn't like it or was opposed to it, my apologies.
    I do have tolerance for all different opinions, just not discrimination. We are a free country. To our opinions, and whatever lifestyle you choose.
    Her direct quote is in my post just above yours. Am I on ignore?

How do you feel about the way she was treated and talked about after the fact for stating her beliefs? Everyone has a problem with her being opposed to gay marriage, but nobody wants to say a single word to chastise the POS queer blogger and his crowd. What about her losing the competition because of her answer? Is this not religious discrimination? Hilton, who was a judge, even said that her answer lost the crown for her. Why do none of you have a problem with that?

Watch this interview and tell me what you think would happen if a religious conservative was talking about a gay rights activist like this...
    http://michellemalkin.com/2009/04/20...es-the-c-word/

Without your Daffy avatar, you don't catch my attention as quickly!

I have no problem with her beliefs "in her family". But its not her country to tell everyone else what to do or not do. Our Constitution guarantees us certain rights. Even if a majority choose so, you cannot deny those certain rights.

If someone doesn't believe in gay marriage, don't marry gay!

She is completely free to express her opinion, and she did. Don't the judges have the same right to express theirs with their vote? They did.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Much more to the story. why don't you read the link before commenting. you remind me of a skit on the old bull winkle show, Mr know it all!!!!!!!!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    . why don't you read the link before commenting.
    Because I really don't care to. The extent of my interest is that people are free to express their opinions, and that nobody is free to restrict or deny the rights of others.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    She is completely free to express her opinion, and she did. Don't the judges have the same right to express theirs with their vote? They did.
    Not when you are casting your vote based on something that is not part of the judging criteria...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    and whats funny as heck is those of you standing behind the likes of perez hilton..
    must need help gettin' the hampster

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/18/bu...dlines&emc=a25

There are some things I don't quite understand about this bill.
    I can understand that kids brought here as infants, had no control over that. Their parents had that control; and also the control that kept the kids here as they grew up.?
    reminds me of a saying my Grandfather used, way back.
    "If your Cat had kittens in the oven, would you call um cookies?"
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    must need help gettin' the hampster

Some things should not be brought up again...