The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dream Act

While the DREAM may fizzle, I've noticed a glaring silence on the repeal of DADT.

Not only did it pass by a larger margin than anticipated, it was done how Obama WANTED it done...via the legislative process...not an exec order.

Finally, we have caught up with the rest of the world in regards to this hang up of ours. Still, I hear homophobes talking about how this will destroy our nation and military.
    Maybe they'll crawl back into their caves and let the rest of the world move on.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    While the DREAM may fizzle, I've noticed a glaring silence on the repeal of DADT.

Not only did it pass by a larger margin than anticipated, it was done how Obama WANTED it done...via the legislative process...not an exec order.

Finally, we have caught up with the rest of the world in regards to this hang up of ours. Still, I hear homophobes talking about how this will destroy our nation and military.
    Maybe they'll crawl back into their caves and let the rest of the world move on.
    That's right, because all good libs know the rest of the world is always right and the USA is always wrong. God help anyone who disagrees with you! Why, we're Neanderthals!!!

I would be interested on the take from those who have ACTUALLY served in combat situations.

Not speculation from rotund armchair know it alls, but people who have been there.
    (knowing, of course, that their educated opinions are of no worth )

Just wonderin'..........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I would be interested on the take from those who have ACTUALLY served in combat situations.

Not speculation from rotund armchair know it alls, but people who have been there.
    (knowing, of course, that their educated opinions are of no worth )

Just wonderin'..........

RK
    You've been there. What do you think?

I never ducked lead, but was in Operation Desert Fox, in a shelter in MOPP-4 for a week, hoping not to meet up with a SCUD, with a homo-medic, and not ONE person gave a rat's a$$. We were doing our job, and that's all that mattered. He did a fine job, and if I were banged up and he took care of me, I wouldn't give two cents if he were gay or straight, so long as he did his job.

They may be gay, but they love our country as much as you and me, and if they want to take up arms and serve her, shame on us for denying them that!

And the people who say they will be a distraction, must be gay themselves. When me and my wife were in uniform (before we were married), I GUARANTEE she was more of a "distraction" to me than 1000 gay men!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I'm REALLY naive when it comes to educating illegal aliens.

How do they get enrolled and attend school without being discovered? Or is it that they ARE discovered, and then we just don't do anything about it?

About the only thing I do understand about immigration policy, is that NEITHER party has done Jack-snipe about it in the 30 some years I've been paying attention.
    http://www2.ed.gov/programs/mep/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    Why, we're Neanderthals!!!
    Don't give yourself so much credit. Neanderthals had basic reasoning skills.
    (and by that, I refer to YOU, not anyone who disagrees with me.)

I have learned much from some of those with whom I butt heads with the most here.

Don't give yourself so much credit. Neanderthals had basic reasoning skills.
    (and by that, I refer to YOU, not anyone who disagrees with me.)

I have learned much from some of those with whom I butt heads with the most here.
    That's right, ignore the subject of my derision and attack me personally...

Such a good little lib!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    That's right, ignore the subject of my derision and attack me personally...

Such a good little lib!!!

Here is the subject of your derision:

That's right, because all good libs know the rest of the world is always right and the USA is always wrong. God help anyone who disagrees with you! Why, we're Neanderthals!!!

You're such a doofus! Good for a laugh though...

If you read your own post, then my reply, you'll see I addressed the subject of your derision, the neanderthal qualities you assume I ascribe to you. Neanderthals would not use such big words as "derision", and dictionaries would have been prohibitively heavy during the stone age anyway, so again, I think you gave yourself a little too much credit.

Thanks for playing.....please come again!

Here is the subject of your derision:

You're such a doofus! Good for a laugh though...

If you read your own post, then my reply, you'll see I addressed the subject of your derision, the neanderthal qualities you assume I ascribe to you. Neanderthals would not use such big words as "derision", and dictionaries would have been prohibitively heavy during the stone age anyway, so again, I think you gave yourself a little too much credit.

Thanks for playing.....please come again!
    Yeah, you're a lib all right.
    How can I tell? Your convoluted logic and reasoning ability.

Now get off my internet!!!!

You've been there. What do you think?
    I never ducked lead, but was in Operation Desert Fox, in a shelter in MOPP-4 for a week, hoping not to meet up with a SCUD, with a homo-medic, and not ONE person gave a rat's a$$. We were doing our job, and that's all that mattered. He did a fine job, and if I were banged up and he took care of me, I wouldn't give two cents if he were gay or straight, so long as he did his job.

They may be gay, but they love our country as much as you and me, and if they want to take up arms and serve her, shame on us for denying them that!

And the people who say they will be a distraction, must be gay themselves. When me and my wife were in uniform (before we were married), I GUARANTEE she was more of a "distraction" to me than 1000 gay men!

I am torn by a couple issues.

You can't proffess your religious preferences in public places anymore, but you are encouraged to profess your sexual preferences?

I don't know, somethin' not right here.

As far as in combat, I don't need to know your sexual or religious preferences (though a lot of prayin' goin' on under fire).

I also don't believe women belong in combat.

Ain't sayin' I am right, you asked my opinion, this is it.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis