The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dream Act

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I am torn by a couple issues.

You can't proffess your religious preferences in public places anymore, but you are encouraged to profess your sexual preferences?

I don't know, somethin' not right here.

RK
    I think you are wrong on both of the issues you claim to be torn about

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    I think you are wrong on both of the issues you claim to be torn about

Brilliant!!

Who asked you??

I was responding to dnf's question to me about what I think.
    Your comment doesn't even make sense.

It is a correct answer, because it is what I think.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I am torn by a couple issues.

You can't proffess your religious preferences in public places anymore, but you are encouraged to profess your sexual preferences?

I don't know, somethin' not right here.

As far as in combat, I don't need to know your sexual or religious preferences (though a lot of prayin' goin' on under fire).

I also don't believe women belong in combat.

Ain't sayin' I am right, you asked my opinion, this is it.

RK
    I don't think we're restricted in our religious preferences at all. There are over 100,000 churches you can freely choose to attend or not attend.

As for women in combat, I'll stand next to you as the flame throwers are aimed at us. I agree. I'll also go so far as to say I don't think women should be police on the beat, or firemen.......UNLESS they can pass a practical, job and safety-based physical requirement.

If I have to hand my 7 year old to a person with only three points of contact on a ladder 30 feet in the air, I'd rather it be a man than a woman who got the job only after a court anti-discrimination ruling. I haven't heard a parent yet who would argue with that!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I don't think we're restricted in our religious preferences at all. There are over 100,000 churches you can freely choose to attend or not attend.

As for women in combat, I'll stand next to you as the flame throwers are aimed at us. I agree. I'll also go so far as to say I don't think women should be police on the beat, or firemen.......UNLESS they can pass a practical, job and safety-based physical requirement.

If I have to hand my 7 year old to a person with only three points of contact on a ladder 30 feet in the air, I'd rather it be a man than a woman who got the job only after a court anti-discrimination ruling. I haven't heard a parent yet who would argue with that!
    My issue in regard to the combat thing is the possibility of being taken prisoner.

I know 2 ladies that play semi-pro football (womens league).

They are tougher than some guys I know, honestly.
    I have lifted (weights) with them.
    They can stay with me (almost).
    But most guys can't either.
    I think women can be very good firefighters in theory because of their inner strength and courage.
    But the bond between firefighters is like no other I have seen.
    Except for MEN in combat.................

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

with all due respect to RK and DNF....I have no problem with females in combat or as street cops, as long as they earned their position and rank based on ability, merit...if they are placed due to a quota or title IX then I have a problem...the best person for the job is the one that is most qualified

watch GI Jane with Demi Moore
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    with all due respect to RK and DNF....I have no problem with females in combat or as street cops, as long as they earned their position and rank based on ability, merit...if they are placed due to a quota or title IX then I have a problem...the best person for the job is the one that is most qualified

watch GI Jane with Demi Moore
    When I was growing up I watched a lot of movies about war.
    Some of them were really good.

None of them were even remotely close to reality.

Just sayin'........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

You do realize how dumb this sounds, don't you? It's like saying you would rather go to a Jewish doctor than a black doctor who only got into medical school because of affirmative action admission policies.

When I was growing up I watched a lot of movies about war.
    Some of them were really good.

None of them were even remotely close to reality.

Just sayin'........

RK
    Guess you missed my point, I wasnt saying GI Jane was realistic, but the story and moral of the movie is about stereotypes of women in the military, and what happens if they are captured...we all know what would happen..

But let me ask this question....who would you rather frisk your girlfriend, a male cop or a female cop...the answer is neither one, but there are some jobs and situations where gender makes someone more qualified

Last edited by BonMallari; 12-19-2010 at 07:19 PM.

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I know 2 ladies that play semi-pro football (womens league).

They are tougher than some guys I know, honestly.
    I have lifted (weights) with them.
    They can stay with me (almost).

RK
    If they pass a physical test, then I have no problem with firefighters.

I know the running back for the Pittsburgh WNFL team. She's tough. But if I'm a cop going into the QuestionMark club at 2am and need back up, I want YOU there, not her.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

If they pass a physical test, then I have no problem with firefighters.

I know the running back for the Pittsburgh WNFL team. She's tough. But if I'm a cop going into the QuestionMark club at 2am and need back up, I want YOU there, not her.
    RK as your wing man at 2am....look out when the lights come on Visions of Steve Martin and Dan Ackroyd as two wild and crazy guys....

"....the girls get better looking at closing time"