The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The Dream Act

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    I don't think you or RK are correct on this issue [as well as others]; can either of you cite an example where anyone got in trouble for saying they are Christian [or whatever]
    read the post again, i was just clarifying what RK said, i didnt state it and it doesnt mean its also my opinion.

that said, people get admonished all the time for putting "Christmas" in to the seasonal greetings these days, dont they? even Petco ordered their employees to say "happy holidays" and not "merry christmas".

i cannot cite specific examples, but in general you know as well as i do how Christianity gets bashed around lately, governments cant say "merry christmas", towns having "holiday trees", etc, govt. grants for artwork depicting Christ in a jar of urine, but govt. cant give give as much as a nod or a wink to the 10 commandments.

all RK was saying is that seems to be more frowned upon than coming out of the gay closet. he has a point worth some merit.

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post

that said, people get admonished all the time for putting "Christmas" in to the seasonal greetings these days, dont they?

all RK was saying is that seems to be more frowned upon than coming out of the gay closet. he has a point worth some merit.
    All his points have merit. Most all here do.

But I disagree also, as I originally replied. I personally have never heard anyone being admonished for saying Merry Christmas. Hell, I just told a jewish ENT doc "Merry Christmas" and he just chuckled and said, "I will, and YOU have a happy Haunaka!"

I think this "war on Christmas" has been blown WAY out of proportion by Beck et al.

As for Petco, they are a company that makes earnings by customer service. The best way to do that is to avoid anything religious or political, period. If you come to my house, I'll offer you a whiskey or beer, and cigar. If I ran a busisness, I wouldn't do that.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Brilliant!!

Who asked you??

I was responding to dnf's question to me about what I think.
    Your comment doesn't even make sense.

It is a correct answer, because it is what I think.

RK
    Hate to interrupt your self-righteous indignation tour, but just because you think it, that don't make it right.

If you tell me you think 2 + 2 = 5, I'm going to reserve my right to believe that it is not correct

Hate to interrupt your self-righteous indignation tour, but just because you think it, that don't make it right.

If you tell me you think 2 + 2 = 5, I'm going to reserve my right to believe that it is not correct

Hey, genius, he asked me what I think.

I told him what I think.

Therefore it was a correct answer to his question to me.

See what I'm sayin'?

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I don't think you or RK are correct on this issue [as well as others]; can either of you cite an example where anyone got in trouble for saying they are Christian [or whatever]
    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    As for not being able to profess being a Christian, please cite an example. Not really sure what purpose that serves at a council meeting anyway. In church yes, at a meeting about city budgets, not so sure.

Don't know if it is still the cool thing to do, but back in HS, everybody used to head to montrose to people watch and hang out. that was before Cathy Whitmire, though, so I'm sure its different now. I agree, there are plenty of gays who I could not see in combat. There are also plenty of straight folks too. Lots of whites, blacks, Hispanics, Christians, Jews, I can't see in combat. But as far as I know, NONE of those groups can be discriminated against IF they WANT to serve.

Fact is, there HAVE been thousands of gays who have proudly and honorably served in combat in every war we've ever fought. Until now, they had to hide their identity, and pretend to be something they're not. I frankly don't see what the fuss is all about, except as I've said before, the homophobes who are closet homos themselves, may fear they'll be outed by temptation?
    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    read the post again, i was just clarifying what RK said, i didnt state it and it doesnt mean its also my opinion.

that said, people get admonished all the time for putting "Christmas" in to the seasonal greetings these days, dont they? even Petco ordered their employees to say "happy holidays" and not "merry christmas".

i cannot cite specific examples, but in general you know as well as i do how Christianity gets bashed around lately, governments cant say "merry christmas", towns having "holiday trees", etc, govt. grants for artwork depicting Christ in a jar of urine, but govt. cant give give as much as a nod or a wink to the 10 commandments.

All his points have merit. Most all here do.

But I disagree also, as I originally replied. I personally have never heard anyone being admonished for saying Merry Christmas. Hell, I just told a jewish ENT doc "Merry Christmas" and he just chuckled and said, "I will, and YOU have a happy Haunaka!"

I think this "war on Christmas" has been blown WAY out of proportion by Beck et al.

As for Petco, they are a company that makes earnings by customer service. The best way to do that is to avoid anything religious or political, period. If you come to my house, I'll offer you a whiskey or beer, and cigar. If I ran a busisness, I wouldn't do that.
    Carrie Prejean........WoW and who would of thought it just so happens to be about both topic's....Saying your Christian and Speaking about being GAY.

a RECENT example regards,

NCA

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    Carrie Prejean........WoW and who would of thought it just so happens to be about both topic's....Saying your Christian and Speaking about being GAY.

NCA
    OUCH!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

NCA
    If you're referring to what I'm thinking of, it was SHE who spoke out regarding limiting the rights of others, not the other way around.

Just today, I said "Merry Christmas" to several co-workers, (one of whom is Jewish, and we had a chuckle), a store clerk, our UPS driver, and the Milk truck driver, WHO, when I explained how much I like the milk crates for storing ducks and other dog training gear in, replied, "I have 1500 on my truck...how many to you want?"

And not ONE admonishment! Christmas is alive and well--RELAX! And enjoy Elvis' Christmas serenades--I am!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

If you're referring to what I'm thinking of, it was SHE who spoke out regarding limiting the rights of others, not the other way around.

Just today, I said "Merry Christmas" to several co-workers, (one of whom is Jewish, and we had a chuckle), a store clerk, our UPS driver, and the Milk truck driver, WHO, when I explained how much I like the milk crates for storing ducks and other dog training gear in, replied, "I have 1500 on my truck...how many to you want?"

And not ONE admonishment! Christmas is alive and well--RELAX! And enjoy Elvis' Christmas serenades--I am!

RK & Elvis
    Stan b & Elvis

Round TWO:

Just like RK...here who was admonished for stating HIS opinion...

SHE was ASKED A QUESTION....a LOADED question....from a OPENLY GAY MAN (PUBLICLY OPEN...note: NO ADMONISHMENT TOWARDS HIM) and she too stated her OPEN HONEST OPINION....based upon her PUBLIC RELIGION...

SHE was publicly humiliated, blasted by the LEFT WING media monsters, striped of her title, and made to feel a hate monger for giving an answer to a QUESTION....

so...if you are remembering correctly (see bolded above) She did not speak out but spoke TO a question directed to her!!!!!!!!!! and SHE is made to feel the FREAK SHOW.

remembering the challenge..."please cite an example where saying your Christian gets you in trouble" an example was provided and now your suggesting that the example isnt valid or allowed to prove a point because in YOUR world view it was SHE who was in the wrong....errrrrr...daaaaaa...knock, knock anyone home?????

on your back looking up regards,

NCA

Banned

Round TWO:

Just like RK...here who was admonished for stating HIS opinion...

SHE was ASKED A QUESTION....a LOADED question....from a OPENLY GAY MAN (PUBLICLY OPEN...note: NO ADMONISHMENT TOWARDS HIM) and she too stated her OPEN HONEST OPINION....based upon her PUBLIC RELIGION...

SHE was publicly humiliated, blasted by the LEFT WING media monsters, striped of her title, and made to feel a hate monger for giving an answer to a QUESTION....

so...if you are remembering correctly (see bolded above) She did not speak out but spoke TO a question directed to her!!!!!!!!!! and SHE is made to feel the FREAK SHOW.

remembering the challenge..."please cite an example where saying your Christian gets you in trouble" an example was provided and now your suggesting that the example isnt valid or allowed to prove a point because in YOUR world view it was SHE who was in the wrong....errrrrr...daaaaaa...knock, knock anyone home?????

on your back looking up regards,

NCA
    i am not even really a christian and i get it. thanks NCA for some clarity there.

all i know from first hand experience is the petco kid saying he was told he could not say merry christmas.

no comment on his apparent gender alignment.