The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Police State

I don't understand what the big deal is about running license plates. I've read through the entire thread and I just don't get it. Who is it going to hurt if they run everyone's license plate? Not me, maybe not you...only those who have broken the law and they need to be caught...

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    they can already track that, what do you think that little membership card does that gets you the "in house" sale price? they dont mine that data very much currently, but there is a lot of potential mining to do. i hate those cards, used to be something on sale was on sale for everybody, but now you have to have a card when they have a good deal on shrimp or 1/2 off on angus ny strips.
    So true. That's how those instant coupons they print out with your receipt know exactly what you're likely to buy next time.

Just bought half of a Belted Galloway (oreo cow) from a friend who ranches. No discount card required!

God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I think they should scan grocery carts and see who's buying sodas, twinkies, and cigarettes, then send them a surcharge on the gov't run healthcare!

And give those of us who buy fresh vegetables and natural foods a rebate!

Of course, Bon's 42 cent daily purchases are likely to raise suspicion....
    I grocery shop at Whole Foods...a touch more expensive but better quality produce, most of my supplements are Whole Foods brand 365...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    they can already track that, what do you think that little membership card does that gets you the "in house" sale price? they dont mine that data very much currently, but there is a lot of potential mining to do. i hate those cards, used to be something on sale was on sale for everybody, but now you have to have a card when they have a good deal on shrimp or 1/2 off on angus ny strips.
    Call my doctor, I'm agreeing with Gibson again!!
    If you can sell me the shrimp for $4/lb, then please do it without me having to have a data card

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I grocery shop at Whole Foods...a touch more expensive but better quality produce, most of my supplements are Whole Foods brand 365...
    You might rethink that a little if you had read the article about the founder of WFMI. But I do agree with his comments on Organic stuff. The best place to shop for good produce is a Farmers Market, closer to the land with no middlemen . Generally picked that AM or the evening before. Puritan Pride for supplements, mail order.

As for the original topic, if you have nothing to hide why be concerned?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Just bought half of a Belted Galloway (oreo cow) from a friend who ranches. No discount card required!

Looks like a male to me - the term cow is reserved for females who have given birth. & just when you thought you knew it all .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    You might rethink that a little if you had read the article about the founder of WFMI. But I do agree with his comments on Organic stuff. The best place to shop for good produce is a Farmers Market, closer to the land with no middlemen . Generally picked that AM or the evening before. Puritan Pride for supplements, mail order.

As for the original topic, if you have nothing to hide why be concerned?
    the founder of WFMI is an Austin Tx liberal...but since they bought out the competition in Wild Oats, dont exactly have any choices...and Farmer's Market is the only place to shop when in SoCal
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Looks like a male to me - the term cow is reserved for females who have given birth. & just when you thought you knew it all .
    Stock photo.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

So true. That's how those instant coupons they print out with your receipt know exactly what you're likely to buy next time.

Which half did you get?

This has nothing to do with license plates.......just electronic "snooping" so to speak. A cousin shopped at one store where you use the little card for the special prices. When they did the peanut butter recall she got an automated phone call. She had bought a jar of that brand of peanut butter ( it was not one of
    the sale items however). Her purchases were all on record each time she used the card. In this case it was a good thing.