The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tax Cut Increases Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Or; you have to be stupid to put any credence to what Sarah Palin says
    Really, it's all you middle of the road independents talk about!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Just like Bush, l just get a kick out of the stupid things that come out of her mouth

Took you all the way to Post # 6 to mention Bush..you're slipping
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Please quit picking on the Eskimo Bimbo! She may not be too smart when it comes to economics, public affairs, national defense, and duties of the Vice President, but she has one hell of a publisit that is exploting the hell out of this idiot for the benefit of both of them's checking account.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Please quit picking on the Eskimo Bimbo! She may not be too smart when it comes to economics, public affairs, national defense, and duties of the Vice President, but she has one hell of a publisit that is exploting the hell out of this idiot for the benefit of both of them's checking account.
    Yet another bit of sage advice from the Oracle of IHOP. Didn't know you could read. Are we to believe you have spent some of your stock market bonus bread on a Sarah Palin tome? If so, may the force be with you. Never know when some intelligence may rub off.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Another one of Sarah Palins one liners

In a rare interview with ABC's "Good Morning America," former vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin on Friday criticized the $858 billion tax cut bill that passed through Congress early this morning, calling the legislation "a lousy deal" that "creates a temporary economy with even more uncertainty for businesses and it does increase taxes."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...69-503544.html
    You can correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the death tax essentially zero in 2010 and the new tax law set a basic exemption something like 3.5 million for single and 5 million for husband and wife and a 35% tax on assets above the exemption??
    I don't know what Sarah Palin was thinking when she said there was a tax increase in the bill, but don't you call this a tax increase??

Just asking

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Don't start, Smokin' Joe Biden knows the taste of shoe leather, so does Barry. RK
    As does "Big Sis" Napolitano:
    "thousands of people [who] are working 24/7, 364 days a year to keep the American people safe.

Roger would have been all over that if it had been Sarah!

"It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Yet another bit of sage advice from the Oracle of IHOP. Didn't know you could read. Are we to believe you have spent some of your stock market bonus bread on a Sarah Palin tome? If so, may the force be with you. Never know when some intelligence may rub off.

UB
    I assure you I haven't!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    You can correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the death tax essentially zero in 2010 and the new tax law set a basic exemption something like 3.5 million for single and 5 million for husband and wife and a 35% tax on assets above the exemption??
    I don't know what Sarah Palin was thinking when she said there was a tax increase in the bill, but don't you call this a tax increase??

Just asking
    As I understand it, since the congress didn't get their business done, there was a free period within the estate tax. The most notable Tycoon who died during that period was George Steinbrenner, owner of the Yankees and a hell of a lot more. His estate passed without any taxation.

My understanding of the current rules, created by President Obama and Congressional Republicans behind closed doors, with bi-partisan support, is the cap was set at 10 million for a family Tax Fee "Gifts" within an estate. Under that figure, no tax. Above it 35%.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    As I understand it, since the congress didn't get their business done, there was a free period within the estate tax. The most notable Tycoon who died during that period was George Steinbrenner, owner of the Yankees and a hell of a lot more. His estate passed without any taxation.

My understanding of the current rules, created by President Obama and Congressional Republicans behind closed doors, with bi-partisan support, is the cap was set at 10 million for a family Tax Fee "Gifts" within an estate. Under that figure, no tax. Above it 35%.
    Hell my heirs can probably make it on $10MM. Hell they could make it on $6.5MM...they just have to buy cheaper car!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    As does "Big Sis" Napolitano:
    "thousands of people [who] are working 24/7, 364 days a year to keep the American people safe.

Roger would have been all over that if it had been Sarah!
    The righties here are quick enough to point out anything done or said by the Obama administration or Democratic Party even if it is not true so they don't need me doing that however the righties here are quick to turn a blind eye to anything negative said or done against the Republican party.