The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: left wing media at it again (nina totenberg)

Default left wing media at it again (nina totenberg)

left wing media at it again.

NPRs Nina Totenberg apologizes for saying the word Christmas:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...christmas.html

You lefties are really a bit silly with the levels you stoop to in the name of political correctness.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post

You lefties are really a bit silly with the levels you stoop to in the name of political correctness.
    Let's see here, again;

Christmas=BAD

Gay=GOOD

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 12-21-2010 at 08:18 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

"What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post

And you righties are silly with the depths you will go to find examples like this! That was said with an air of sarcasm. If she really hated Christmas, she wouldn't have said anything except "party". She made sure to include Christmas, with what to me seemed like a snide "apology". Besides, did you NOTICE the entire set was decorated for Christmas with Poinsettias?

The sky isn't falling. Relax.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    And you righties are silly with the depths you will go to find examples like this! That was said with an air of sarcasm. If she really hated Christmas, she wouldn't have said anything except "party". She made sure to include Christmas, with what to me seemed like a snide "apology". Besides, did you NOTICE the entire set was decorated for Christmas with Poinsettias?

That's what I was going to say, but I figured I'd just hear that I was a know it all and get chastised for making excuses for the lefties.

You know, in the alternate universe of Faux News, there is an all out war against Christmas!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, whatever...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    That's what I was going to say, but I figured I'd just hear that I was a know it all and get chastised for making excuses for the lefties.

You know, in the alternate universe of Faux News, there is an all out war against Christmas!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, whatever...
    The far right has to be paranoid about something, might as well be gays and thier preceived attack on Christmas. Afterall, it is that paranoia that helps thier leaders lead the flock and gives them strength. Its what keeps them coming back for more Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly and the other wannabees.

Here is an attack on Christmas by Disney. In this video, Disney attempts to brainwash young impressionable children with the indoctrination of Santa Claus. Disney conspired with Jewish merchants to get Christians to spend lots of money in gift giving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjtYgGN3z6U
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Banned

since when do poinsettias directly signify christmas? i dont think they had any next to the manger....

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    since when do poinsettias directly signify christmas? i dont think they had any next to the manger....
    They do at my house!

I don't think they had LED tinsel and plastic Santa Clauses either. But I heard Joseph went to Jareds!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

They do at my house!

I don't think they had LED tinsel and plastic Santa Clauses either. But I heard Joseph went to Jareds!
    Off topic, sorry, but our local grocery store is selling Green & Gold Poinsettia's
    (GB Packers colors)
    Little over the top........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

If anything, Nina appeared to be mocking the Justice Department and other PC-types who, I suspect, dubbed it a "holiday party" in deference to those who do not celebrate Christmas (still a significant percentage of Americans). Given that it is impossible to go anywhere without being inundated with Christmas messages, or watch anything on TV without being similarly alerted to the miracle of 0 CE, I can understand how hard it is is to find evidence of the alleged conspiracy against Christmas. I wonder what percentage of those who express outrage at failures to show respect for Christmas are guilty of showing a similar disrespect for holidays of other religions.

BTW, one of Nina's annual radio traditions is to go through her family's recipes for Christmas specials during the week before Christmas. She has always made it clear that Christmas is a very important holiday for her personally.
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 12-21-2010 at 10:15 AM.