The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60

Thread: left wing media at it again (nina totenberg)

  1. #11
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I wonder what percentage of those who express outrage at failures to show respect for Christmas are guilty of showing a similar disrespect for holidays of other religions.

    Bu, bu, but, those other religions are illegitimate!
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  2. #12
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    If anything, Nina appeared to be mocking the Justice Department and other PC-types who, I suspect, dubbed it a "holiday party" in deference to those who do not celebrate Christmas (still a significant percentage of Americans). Given that it is impossible to go anywhere without being inundated with Christmas messages, or watch anything on TV without being similarly alerted to the miracle of 0 CE, I can understand how hard it is is to find evidence of the alleged conspiracy against Christmas. I wonder what percentage of those who express outrage at failures to show respect for Christmas are guilty of showing a similar disrespect for holidays of other religions.

    Well, since you are speculating, and nothing more, I would speculate it is a very low percentage of people who celebrate Christmas that disrespect those who celebrate something else.


    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  3. #13
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Bu, bu, but, those other religions are illegitimate!
    Gee Buzz, I am shocked that you would say that......or are you being an


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  4. #14
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    If anything, Nina appeared to be mocking the Justice Department and other PC-types who, I suspect, dubbed it a "holiday party" in deference to those who do not celebrate Christmas (still a significant percentage of Americans). Given that it is impossible to go anywhere without being inundated with Christmas messages, or watch anything on TV without being similarly alerted to the miracle of 0 CE, I can understand how hard it is is to find evidence of the alleged conspiracy against Christmas. I wonder what percentage of those who express outrage at failures to show respect for Christmas are guilty of showing a similar disrespect for holidays of other religions.

    BTW, one of Nina's annual radio traditions is to go through her family's recipes for Christmas specials during the week before Christmas. She has always made it clear that Christmas is a very important holiday for her personally.
    Don't fall for her guises Jeff! She's a Christmas infiltrator!
    Those cookies of hers are probably laced with athiest dust. (whatever that is)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  5. #15
    Senior Member sandyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lapeer, MI
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    And you righties are silly with the depths you will go to find examples like this! That was said with an air of sarcasm. If she really hated Christmas, she wouldn't have said anything except "party". She made sure to include Christmas, with what to me seemed like a snide "apology". Besides, did you NOTICE the entire set was decorated for Christmas with Poinsettias?

    The sky isn't falling. Relax.
    For a guy who professes to be a middle-of-the-road independent you sure got your panties in a bunch over this!

    But in your head, filled with hate for anything conservative, you KNOW that it was said with an air of sarcasm, you KNOW whether or not she hates Christmas, you KNOW what she would have said, and you KNOW she "made sure" to include Christmas. You KNOW that Poinsettias are the Christian symbol for Christmas.

    Can you guess what I KNOW about you?



    Nina Totenberg quotes:
    "I want to say one thing about the budget that didn’t get passed, the omnibus bill. You know, we talk a lot about – we just passed this huge tax cut in part because business said, you know, we have to plan, we have to know what kind of tax cuts we have. Well, these agencies, including the Defense Department, don't know how much money they've got and for what. And I was at – forgive the expression – a Christmas party at the Department of Justice and people actually were really worried about this," NPR's Nina Totenberg said on PBS this weekend.


    [On Senator Jesse Helms ] I think he ought to be worried about what’s going on in the Good Lord’s mind, because if there is retributive justice, he’ll get AIDS from a transfusion, or one of his grandchildren will.
    Sourced
    Inside Washington, PBS, July 8, 1995..

    [On General William Boykin ] I hope he’s not long for this world.
    Sourced
    After a rebuke, corrected herself: “No, no. I mean, in his job. In his job, in his job, please, in his job.”. Inside Washington , PBS, October 10, 2003. Partial Transcript by NPR ombudsman.

  6. #16
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    [QUOTE=sandyg;720733]
    Can you guess what I KNOW about you?




    I wrote a reply, but then thought better and deleted it.

    I'll just say,

    Have a Merry Christmas!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    They do at my house!

    I don't think they had LED tinsel and plastic Santa Clauses either. But I heard Joseph went to Jareds!
    they used to be strictly a christmas decoration, now i see them sold as "holiday poinsettias" the war on christmas continues!

  8. #18
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    For a guy who professes to be a middle-of-the-road independent you sure got your panties in a bunch over this!

    But in your head, filled with hate for anything conservative, you KNOW that it was said with an air of sarcasm, you KNOW whether or not she hates Christmas, you KNOW what she would have said, and you KNOW she "made sure" to include Christmas. You KNOW that Poinsettias are the Christian symbol for Christmas.

    Can you guess what I KNOW about you?



    Nina Totenberg quotes:
    "I want to say one thing about the budget that didn’t get passed, the omnibus bill. You know, we talk a lot about – we just passed this huge tax cut in part because business said, you know, we have to plan, we have to know what kind of tax cuts we have. Well, these agencies, including the Defense Department, don't know how much money they've got and for what. And I was at – forgive the expression – a Christmas party at the Department of Justice and people actually were really worried about this," NPR's Nina Totenberg said on PBS this weekend.


    [On Senator Jesse Helms ] I think he ought to be worried about what’s going on in the Good Lord’s mind, because if there is retributive justice, he’ll get AIDS from a transfusion, or one of his grandchildren will.
    Sourced
    Inside Washington, PBS, July 8, 1995..

    [On General William Boykin ] I hope he’s not long for this world.
    Sourced
    After a rebuke, corrected herself: “No, no. I mean, in his job. In his job, in his job, please, in his job.”. Inside Washington , PBS, October 10, 2003. Partial Transcript by NPR ombudsman.
    What do her comments about helms and Boykin have to do with Christmas? No one who has listened to Tottenberg over the years could have any doubt about her feelings about Christmas. I suspect that includes those at "Clear Politics" who have always been willing to sacrifice any semblance of fact in support of their own warped vision of the world. The more interesting question is why propagandists such as those at "Clear Politics", believe it is so important to paint such distorted pictures of those with whom they disagree. Is it fear that their conservative agenda cannot withstand any thoughtful scrutiny?

  9. #19
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    What do her comments about helms and Boykin have to do with Christmas? No one who has listened to Tottenberg over the years could have any doubt about her feelings about Christmas. I suspect that includes those at "Clear Politics" who have always been willing to sacrifice any semblance of fact in support of their own warped vision of the world. The more interesting question is why propagandists such as those at "Clear Politics", believe it is so important to paint such distorted pictures of those with whom they disagree. Is it fear that their conservative agenda cannot withstand any thoughtful scrutiny?
    Do you know of any, or is idealistic hateful cheap shots your idea of "thoughtful scrutiny?"

    Which is nothing more than opinion.

    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  10. #20
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    they used to be strictly a christmas decoration, now i see them sold as "holiday poinsettias" the war on christmas continues!
    WHAT!?

    I'm OUTRAGED!!!!

    How DARE a non-Christian display a poinsettia!!!!!!!!

    I'm writing my congressman to introduce a bill that would expressely prohibit the use, display or even mention of Poinsettias by any non-Christian, gay, foreign, or othe person of dubious constitution!

    The war is on!! This is a call to arms!!!!


    Merry Christmas, Dave.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •