The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: left wing media at it again (nina totenberg)

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    Go read my response to you on the "healthcare for first responders" thread. I hope you can find the way through your trail of tears.
    I did. I'm still laughing!

Alice.....You're the greatest!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Pick your measure. What other religious holiday is celebrated as a natonal holiday? What other religious holiday receives as much media attention and commercial attention? Despite restrictions on religious activities, what other religious holiday receives as much attention in public schools across the country? What other religious holiday becomes the foundation of street decorations and parades in virtually every small town in America (My town has been decorated to the teeth on Main St for the last four weeks)? None of that is simply a matter of opinion, it is a matter of fact.
    what other religious holiday is celebrated by those who fought and created this nation? IOW what religion were the founders?

last i heard there were no muslims or buddhists or wiccans following the original George across the Potomac....may have been a few jewish soldiers but thats it.

so why are you surprised that Christmas is the only religious holiday that receives so much attention?

and my final question - what religious holiday receives the most negative attention in this country???

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    what other religious holiday is celebrated by those who fought and created this nation? IOW what religion were the founders?

last i heard there were no muslims or buddhists or wiccans following the original George across the Potomac....may have been a few jewish soldiers but thats it.

so why are you surprised that Christmas is the only religious holiday that receives so much attention?

and my final question - what religious holiday receives the most negative attention in this country???

1. Easter comes to mind...

2. Ramadan?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    1. Easter comes to mind...

2. Ramadan?
    1) i meant from another religion.

2) really? i never hear any negative vibes over ramadan. no one tells them to eat during the day or to take down their ramadan tree. and i live in a city full of muslims and even muslim leaders on the pro sports teams as well as a very healthy population of southern rednecks that would be the first to complain. never a peep.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

2. Ramadan?
    Could you site examples where Ramadan receives negative attention?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    How would Jesus feel about denying health care to the 9-11 responders?

Just wondering.

I heard he was a real tight-wad when it came to helping the sick and hungry. It was a local Jerusalem issue. Nothing for the Son of God to worry about...
    Allah should take care of them, since he is the peaceful one whose name that event was done in!!

No one on earth does more to take care of the sick and hungry than us.
    Try a different tack.

2 pretty lame arguments.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Happy Ramahanakwanzmas to all!
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    No one on earth does more to take care of the sick and hungry than us.
    Try a different tack.

RK
    Apparently not in this case.

I say divert Ethiopian AIDS money to the first responders until they're cared for....then resume AZT ddI to Africa.

This is one area I will be PROUD to know my tax dollars are being allocated.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

IOW what religion were the founders?

First, I have no problem with folks celebrating Christmas.

But, lets don't forget that our most influential Founding Fathers were Deist, and Deist have no religious holidays. Men like Jefferson, Paine, Adams and to some extent Washington were all Deist.

The fact that Thomas Jefferson was a Deist is why we have no state sponsored religion. This from the man who single-handedly wrote the Declaration of Independence. In Jefferson's Bible, he does not reference a god.

You sight George Washington crossing the Potomac. Washington vaccilated between Deism and his Christian religion.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    left wing media at it again.

NPRs Nina Totenberg apologizes for saying the word Christmas:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...christmas.html

You lefties are really a bit silly with the levels you stoop to in the name of political correctness.
    Sounds a bit absurd to me. What a ridiculous thing to tie your shorts into a knot over...