The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: left wing media at it again (nina totenberg)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

No one on earth does more to take care of the sick and hungry than us.
    Try a different tack.

RK
    In absolute terms this is correct. But we rank 19th in Percent of Income. Nothing to be proud of. Certainly nothing to brag about. Just sayin.

Large countries scored relatively high on the preceding list, because they have more citizens and thus more money. To provide an alternative perspective, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development also lists countries by the amount of money they give as a percentage of their gross national income. This list is as follows:[2]
    1. Sweden - 1.12%
    2. Norway - 1.06%
    3. Luxembourg - 1.01%
    4. Denmark - 0.88%
    5. Netherlands - 0.82%
    6. Belgium - 0.55%
    7. Finland - 0.54%
    8. Ireland - 0.54%
    9. United Kingdom - 0.52%
    10. Switzerland - 0.47%
    11. France- 0.46%
    12. Spain - 0.46%
    13. Germany - 0.35%
    14. Canada - 0.30%
    15. Austria - 0.30%
    16. Australia - 0.29%
    17. New Zealand - 0.29%
    18. Portugal - 0.23%
    19. United States - 0.20%
    20. Greece - 0.19%
    21. Japan - 0.18%
    22. Italy - 0.16%
    23. South Korea - 0.10%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...able_countries

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    In absolute terms this is correct. But we rank 19th in Percent of Income. Nothing to be proud of. Certainly nothing to brag about. Just sayin.

Large countries scored relatively high on the preceding list, because they have more citizens and thus more money. To provide an alternative perspective, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development also lists countries by the amount of money they give as a percentage of their gross national income. This list is as follows:[2]
    1. Sweden - 1.12%
    2. Norway - 1.06%
    3. Luxembourg - 1.01%
    4. Denmark - 0.88%
    5. Netherlands - 0.82%
    6. Belgium - 0.55%
    7. Finland - 0.54%
    8. Ireland - 0.54%
    10. Switzerland - 0.47%
    11. France- 0.46%
    12. Spain - 0.46%
    13. Germany - 0.35%
    14. Canada - 0.30%
    15. Austria - 0.30%
    16. Australia - 0.29%
    17. New Zealand - 0.29%
    18. Portugal - 0.23%
    20. Greece - 0.19%
    21. Japan - 0.18%
    22. Italy - 0.16%
    23. South Korea - 0.10%

America is just awful isn't it??

I wonder what % of your pay you donated to charity last year?
    And beyond personal donations, look what our Government gives out to others.
    Just sayin'.........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Pick your measure. What other religious holiday is celebrated as a natonal holiday? What other religious holiday receives as much media attention and commercial attention? Despite restrictions on religious activities, what other religious holiday receives as much attention in public schools across the country? What other religious holiday becomes the foundation of street decorations and parades in virtually every small town in America (My town has been decorated to the teeth on Main St for the last four weeks)? None of that is simply a matter of opinion, it is a matter of fact.
    A testimony not the any religious reference of the holiday, but to the commercialization of the holiday. America has only one religion and only one god, that is MONEY. Christmas in America, and most of the world, is more about sales and profits than it is about the birth of Jesus. Not saying it's that way in every household, or every heart, but as a nation, it's what we are.

Banned

America is just awful isn't it??

I wonder what % of your pay you donated to charity last year?
    And beyond personal donations, look what our Government gives out to others.
    Just sayin'.........

RK
    I believe the data includes both public and private donations. I don't believe America is awful, but I do think we often think were are a beacon on the hill because somebody told us so, not because we are. Sometimes it's important to look at the facts. This is one of them.

I believe the data includes both public and private donations. I don't believe America is awful, but I do think we often think were are a beacon on the hill because somebody told us so, not because we are. Sometimes it's important to look at the facts. This is one of them.
    Well, to counter that, you deny that we are the "beacon on the hill" because someone told you we aren't.

If it's so bad here, why so many people fighting to get here??
    Our poor (welfare even) have cell phones, hi-speed internet & cable TV.
    I would like a list or number of how many people are starving in the USA.
    In regard to giving money to charity (unemployment for 2+ years, career welfare, food stamps) noone compares.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

1. Sweden - 1.12%
    2. Norway - 1.06%
    3. Luxembourg - 1.01%
    4. Denmark - 0.88%
    5. Netherlands - 0.82%
    6. Belgium - 0.55%
    7. Finland - 0.54%
    8. Ireland - 0.54%
    10. Switzerland - 0.47%
    11. France- 0.46%
    12. Spain - 0.46%
    13. Germany - 0.35%
    14. Canada - 0.30%
    15. Austria - 0.30%
    16. Australia - 0.29%
    17. New Zealand - 0.29%
    18. Portugal - 0.23%
    20. Greece - 0.19%
    21. Japan - 0.18%
    22. Italy - 0.16%
    23. South Korea - 0.10%

One of those left wiing canards that tries to paint the United States badly. Is that nations or individuals? who is getting the money? Are we giving at home as well? One stat amoung many that measure charitable giving? Does it include NGOs? Are religious charities that perform work measured? Just a silly stat...

http://www.nps.gov/partnerships/fund...statistics.htm

Fromthe below link:

Charitable giving accounted for 2.1% of gross domestic product in 2009.
    http://www.nptrust.org/philanthropy/...ropy_stats.asp

BTW, I doubt the cost of military aid gets included in any of those stats.
    Last edited by subroc; 12-22-2010 at 10:12 AM.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Hey, we're giving the rest of the world all or our manufacturing jobs!

Isn't that enough?

This is completely off topic of this thread, but it goes with my comment so I'll post it for anyone who might be interested.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...ndy-grove.html

Here is a quote from the first few paragraphs of the article:

Recently an acquaintance at the next table in a Palo Alto, California, restaurant introduced me to his companions: three young venture capitalists from China. They explained, with visible excitement, that they were touring promising companies in Silicon Valley. I’ve lived in the Valley a long time, and usually when I see how the region has become such a draw for global investments, I feel a little proud.

Not this time. I left the restaurant unsettled. Something didn’t add up. Bay Area unemployment is even higher than the 9.7 percent national average. Clearly, the great Silicon Valley innovation machine hasn’t been creating many jobs of late -- unless you are counting Asia, where American technology companies have been adding jobs like mad for years.

The underlying problem isn’t simply lower Asian costs. It’s our own misplaced faith in the power of startups to create U.S. jobs. Americans love the idea of the guys in the garage inventing something that changes the world. New York Times columnist Thomas L. Friedman recently encapsulated this view in a piece called “Start-Ups, Not Bailouts.” His argument: Let tired old companies that do commodity manufacturing die if they have to. If Washington really wants to create jobs, he wrote, it should back startups.

Mythical Moment

Friedman is wrong. Startups are a wonderful thing, but they cannot by themselves increase tech employment. Equally important is what comes after that mythical moment of creation in the garage, as technology goes from prototype to mass production. This is the phase where companies scale up. They work out design details, figure out how to make things affordably, build factories, and hire people by the thousands. Scaling is hard work but necessary to make innovation matter.

I used to think that Friedman was a smart guy. But he should have stayed in an area that he knows, Middle East Politics. Like most politicians he's never created a job on the front lines, never worked in manufacturing or in any engineering capacity. I have no idea what makes him or anyone else believe that he's an expert... I don't have a bit of interest in listening to anyone who hasn't taken a single product from conception to the market.
    Last edited by Buzz; 12-22-2010 at 10:48 AM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Banned

Well, to counter that, you deny that we are the "beacon on the hill" because someone told you we aren't.

If it's so bad here, why so many people fighting to get here??
    Our poor (welfare even) have cell phones, hi-speed internet & cable TV.
    I would like a list or number of how many people are starving in the USA.
    In regard to giving money to charity (unemployment for 2+ years, career welfare, food stamps) noone compares.

RK
    How many people are starving in the usa?

Vital Statistics
    Download your free demographic reports for any area
    Ads by Google www.caci.co.uk/site_reporter

3.5 million people in the U.S., 39% children, are currently homelessness every year. 60% are single mothers with children.

http://www.chacha.com/question/how-m...ing-in-the-usa

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    How many people are starving in the usa?

Vital Statistics
    Download your free demographic reports for any area
    Ads by Google www.caci.co.uk/site_reporter

3.5 million people in the U.S., 39% children, are currently homelessness every year. 60% are single mothers with children.

http://www.chacha.com/question/how-m...ing-in-the-usa
    Roger,
    Not homeless, STARVING.

That means they get NO food.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Roger,
    Not homeless, STARVING.

That means they get NO food.

RK
    Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you have to have a place to live (a residence) in order to get welfare or food stamps??????????????? If the homeless got foodstamps they would not be out on a street corner with a cardboard sign asking for money for food.