The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Holiday Plans??

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Since I’m home alone this Christmas, my next door neighbors took pity on me and invited me over for Christmas dinner. They’re great friends, and it was really nice of them to invite me to share it with them.

But, I have my own feast planned for Christmas Eve. I shot a half dozen quail over my pup today. I’ll be having pan fried quail with an orange/apricot reduction sauce, sautéed kale with shallots, garlic & bacon, and a baked sweet potato. I also know a place that makes a great peach cobbler, so I think I’ll buy some from them for desert. I would make one myself, but then I would just sit here and eat the entire thing. Of course, there will be the obligatory vanilla ice cream to top it. I can’t wait!
    Blackstone,I am sorry you are alone for Christmas.
    If you were near you have an open invitation to the Team Elvis home.....ANYTIME!

That would also include a trip to our hunt club and the delight of working our dogs!

You are not really alone.....you have your hunting partner there at your side, and our thoughts.

Merry Christmas from;

RK, Elvis & the redhead
    Stan b & Elvis

Usually Don and I would be taking the dogs with us to Folsom, CA, to enjoy Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and the day after with our children and grandchildren. "Children?" is a bit misleading. Our "kids" are now middleage and their children are 17, 17, 19, and 19 (almost 20). We will miss enjoying the family gathering this year especially since we have not seen our grandson David Jr. since last summer. He is flying in from the Univ of Hawaii. We will see him after New Years and before he goes back to school.

But ... even though we will be alone this Christmas, we won't be quite "alone".

We are on Ruby Watch. Ruby is due to whelp on Dec. 26 (Shaq puppies). X-ray shows 9 for sure; our vet thinks there will be one or two more. With this size litter and a belly that is huge and hanging, Ruby may not make to the 26th. We are taking temps. Got a drop to an even 100 this morning; it was 100.7 yesterday morning so we are watching and waiting. Our vet checked her out on Monday and gave us the phone number where she will be on Christmas Day just in case things get rolling by then.

We will soon have 9+ little black cuddlers and puppy breath. It will be a great Christmas! The family is coming to see us (and the new puppies) for New Years.

Merry Christmas and the happiest of New Years to all of you.
    Don's girls:
    FC AFC Flyway's Ruby B. Gonia - a Carbon daughter and now a grandma (my avatar)
    AFC Flyway's Long Tall Sally - Ruby's daughter
    Flyway's Iron Lady (Maggie) - Ruby's granddaughter. Maggie's the new puppy in the house.

Thank you for the invitation and kind thoughts. If I was closer, I just might take you up on it. My dogs and I will enjoy a quiet Christmas together and a few good days of hunting, so we’ll be okay. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year.