The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Plans??

Im watching the possibility of a snow storm to hit christmas afternoon into the next day. if that happens I have to go plow snow... If mother nature holds off on me i will get my grandmother, go to my inlaws and have a big christmas brunch. Then I usually head home and start cooking dinner..

I agree with RK.. Pfft! Atleast out on this side of the state we support the dog killin QB
    Wayne Beck

RIP Moose 2/6/00-1/21/10
    Bull's Harley Road Hog 5/1/10-(in training)
    Bull's Kunte Kinte 11/7/12-

This will be the first time since I moved to KS 6 years ago that I haven’t gone back home for Christmas. Circumstances don’t permit this year, so I plan to load up my dogs and chase pheasant and quail as much as many days as possible. I’m going out tomorrow morning to see if I can shoot a few quail over my 7 month old pup.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Anyone got any cool stuff planned for Christmas??
    ]
    The only hunting and fishing on Christmas we do is out of the fridge. Kids home from college. We'll have a good Christmas morning and dinner with the extended family. Got to ask my nephew why he didn't get to play in the civil war against the Ducks. He's been starting middle linebacker for the Beavers all year but for some reason, he didn't play a down in the final game, nationally televised againt the #2 Ducks !!@@!# Go figure.

Xmas Eve dinner for all, about 20, at our house this year - open the Grandkids presents - Xmas Day at the Eagles for lunch.

Did the quail thing last weekend - many birds - blooded both barrels of the new 28 O/U - walked a lot in the foot deep snow - actually held up better than the dog - he's still stiff - I'm not.

All of you have a Happy Holiday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

We are spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with these 5 knotheads. They won't make a very good basketball team, but they all have an interest in dogs.

Merry Christmas all!
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post

We are spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with these 5 knotheads. They won't make a very good basketball team, but they all have an interest in dogs.

Merry Christmas all!
    wow mike, what a nice brood there dude!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    The only hunting and fishing on Christmas we do is out of the fridge. Kids home from college. We'll have a good Christmas morning and dinner with the extended family. Got to ask my nephew why he didn't get to play in the civil war against the Ducks. He's been starting middle linebacker for the Beavers all year but for some reason, he didn't play a down in the final game, nationally televised againt the #2 Ducks !!@@!# Go figure.
    the coach probably heard he had an uncle that posted a lot of tripe in RTF...

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post

Merry Christmas all!
    WOW!!!!
    SWEET!!

Christmas morning will be insane at Gram Pa's house!!

I am envious..........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I have to work all weekend but my gal pal Dana (middle) went to Mission Viejo to visit her grandmother and aunt (right, left)and the rest of her family..I sent her with two bottles of Baileys Irish cream and two dozen chocolate mini bundt cakes....they sent me this picture to let me know my efforts were appreciated...party on ladies

All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Gotta make it through today at work, then I am off til Monday. Going to shoot at some ducks Thurs and Fri...I can't wait to see how excited my older 2 kids (2 and almost 4) get on Christmas morning. We were up until 2 am wrapping presents last night.

I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas!

PS...don't forget the reason for the season...