The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Plans??

Quote Originally Posted by road kill;

Christmas morning will be insane at Gram Pa's house!!;-)

I am envious..........

[B
    RK[/B]
    Not to mention loud.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Nothing for Christmas Eve besides the yearly pizza but bothe the girls still live close so they'll be out on Christmas Day for a "finger foods" dinner.

Hoping we get a treat like last year when a herd of elk came in on Christmas Day and spent about 3 hours out in the front pasture area (about 40 yards from the living room). My son-in-law had never seen one up close and was AMAZED at just how big they are! One of the cool things about living in northern Idaho!

"It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

I just have to ask.......ages ? Are any of your grandchildren girls ? Looks like boys but the way that kids are dressed anymore I can't tell. Looks like a good ball team anyhow ( or the start of one ).

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Anyone got any cool stuff planned for Christmas??
    My kids will be home, we ( my kids and the redhead) are going on a 10 bird hunt with Elvis at the helm, then Christmas Eve Mass Friday night and a big family ruckus after.
    Lot's of good chow and there is usually some JD on hand.
    The BS & laughter will be flowing....

What ever you do, I hope each of you have a wonderful holiday season.

And remember to be gratefull for what you have, not obsessed with what you don't have.

May each of you have a
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
    What ever that means to you.

RK & Elvis
    Prunning trees and it will be cool! No family, so don't have to mess with that. If I get finished, I'll be goose hunting. Field next to my place was full of snows this morning and it was foggy and clouds were low. Sucks to have to work!

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    I just have to ask.......ages ? Are any of your grandchildren girls ? Looks like boys but the way that kids are dressed anymore I can't tell. Looks like a good ball team anyhow ( or the start of one ).
    All boys. Three from our son and 2 from our daughter. Ages 6, 4, 3, 18 mos. & 16 mos.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Since I’m home alone this Christmas, my next door neighbors took pity on me and invited me over for Christmas dinner. They’re great friends, and it was really nice of them to invite me to share it with them.

But, I have my own feast planned for Christmas Eve. I shot a half dozen quail over my pup today. I’ll be having pan fried quail with an orange/apricot reduction sauce, sautéed kale with shallots, garlic & bacon, and a baked sweet potato. I also know a place that makes a great peach cobbler, so I think I’ll buy some from them for desert. I would make one myself, but then I would just sit here and eat the entire thing. Of course, there will be the obligatory vanilla ice cream to top it. I can’t wait!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Since I’m home alone this Christmas, my next door neighbors took pity on me and invited me over for Christmas dinner. They’re great friends, and it was really nice of them to invite me to share it with them.

But, I have my own feast planned for Christmas Eve. I shot a half dozen quail over my pup today. I’ll be having pan fried quail with an orange/apricot reduction sauce, sautéed kale with shallots, garlic & bacon, and a baked sweet potato. I also know a place that makes a great peach cobbler, so I think I’ll buy some from them for desert. I would make one myself, but then I would just sit here and eat the entire thing. Of course, there will be the obligatory vanilla ice cream to top it. I can’t wait!
    Can I come over your house on Christmas eve????

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post

You sound like a guy that likes food, we need to plan a meal. We had our quail outing last weekend, what a blast, labs do make good quail dogs!!!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Dawg,

It would be a long trip for dinner, but come on down. I'll buy extra cobbler!

Marvin,

I do like good food, and quail is one of my favorite game birds. It's a shame it takes so many to make a meal!

I've never hunted quail over a lab, but any dog that can find them is okay with me. Which species of quail were you hunting?