The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 102

Thread: healthcare for 911 first responders

  1. #21
    Senior Member sandyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lapeer, MI
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    How this person manages to maintain an active account here is a mystery.
    I wonder the same about you.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post

    Now for the 3rd time - what are your ideas, justify why you believe I should pay for 1 0unce of HC for an employee of a state that is basically bankrupt. They hired the employee, set the terms & conditions, I had no input, why would you consider me remotely responsible for what they do???????????????
    How about because it's the right thing to do. What is the use of having a'nation' if we don't help each other? Those folks would have pulled you out of that rubble and not asked you for even a thank you in return. Why would you NOT want to help them now? Sorry I don't see any logic in your argument, Let alone moral conscience.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    How this person manages to maintain an active account here is a mystery.
    Well to my knowledge, nobody has ever gotten the boot around here. Not sure what you'd have to do to get it. Pretty sure I've pushed the envelope a few times...

  4. #24
    Senior Member Nor_Cal_Angler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Ca
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    How about because it's the right thing to do. What is the use of having a'nation' if we don't help each other? Those folks would have pulled you out of that rubble and not asked you for even a thank you in return. Why would you NOT want to help them now? Sorry I don't see any logic in your argument, Let alone moral conscience.
    Why is it always the cry of "Its the right thing to do" I am tired of that...

    And do not try to drag me into this...I DO pull people out of burning wreckage for a living....I am only commenting on your overbearing "moral conscience"

    Utopian Society we are not regards,

    NCA

  5. #25
    Administrator Chris Atkinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mount Zion, IL
    Posts
    6,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    Wipe the drool off of your chin, you blithering idiot. Yours is not the only opinion or the correct opinion, you sanctimonious a$$hole.
    You know guys....this is one of my least favorite parts of my "job".

    Really guys. I should not have to come in here and as you all to keep it above the line.

    Personal attacks and demeaning comments like this are not something that I'm willing to allow to become the norm in RTF culture.

    Please accept that and keep it between the guardrails. And remember, it's Christmas time and you're supposed to be on RTF to have fun. Not to be hateful.

    Thanks, chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

  6. #26
    Administrator Chris Atkinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mount Zion, IL
    Posts
    6,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    How this person manages to maintain an active account here is a mystery.
    If someone is crossing the line, please feel free to point it out.

    RTF culture is something worth maintaining ...to me anyhow. I bet the sponsors would appreciate that too, as well as 99% of those who frequent RTF for enjoyment and benefit....not for hatefulness.

    217-454-0361 if anyone needs to talk to me live. I'm a real guy and I really care about keeping RTF dirty side down, clean side up.

    Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

  7. #27
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    Wipe the drool off of your chin, you blithering idiot. Yours is not the only opinion or the correct opinion, you sanctimonious a$$hole.
    Sandyg, I kinda like you sometimes, but this is over the line.
    You are an embarrassment to my side of the spectrum.

    Choose your words more wisely.
    You have lost this argument......for all of us.

    stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    As for your question above, I can't believe you need an explanation. Those men and women responded to a NATIONAL ATTACK. They didn't check their union rules on overtime. They ran head first into the fire to help who ever needed it. Many of them who ran into those towers never came out. Some of them have lost their city or state benefits after being released for "non work-related" factors.

    Maybe they weren't wearing federal or military uniforms, but they served not only NYC, but the entire nation those days, and deserve compensation for the health effects they suffered.

    So is this your opinion, or the position of the republican party also?
    I just find this so incongruent with all the show of patriotism the republican party used surrounding 9-11, and all the first responders that appeared on fox waving flags. (all American flags, no NY state flags, BTW)
    I speak for myself - create my own sound bites - & believe I am like many self reliant citizens of this country. Though I have listened to many long winded dissertations on how I am wrong .

    So here goes, as long as you refuse to answer. Don't you have any canned sound bites besides waving a flag. 1st &foremost, Charly Schumer, Reid's main attack dog, has his name on the bill. If one supports the bill, they are not interested in keeping spending down as professed - if one does not support the bill, they are hard hearted. I personally consider it an easy call, this is a NY issue, either the city or the state should pick up the tab. There have already been countless victim's funds, legislation passed to ease the pain, no income tax on disability bennies, the list just goes on. There comes a point in time that enough is enough, apparently the city/state has decided in some circumstances these folks are no longer eligible for work &/or additional benefits. Why should the US taxpayer foot the bill for anything additional?

    While this is not on subject, it is similar. A little over a year ago 4 officers were shot to death in a coffee shop prior to going on shift. The spin on how they were warming up their computers, work related ? & how they are heroes has reached the nauseating stage for many around here. It's a constant parade of memorials & feel good for the cops routines that just goes on & on. But the cold bare facts are: they have a guild that protects all their brothers & sisters in the face of some fairly bad actions on their part, they are well compensated for the thought they might have to lay their life on the line (question being - is a first responder's life worth any more than someone in the private sector killed while at work, according to our laws, apparently so, their widow's become wealthy overnight). It's a faily routine thing around here to find that many of the 1st responders are more prone to doing despicable things than the general populace.

    So the emotional stuff doesn't get it with me, at least not the employment related stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    How about because it's the right thing to do. What is the use of having a'nation' if we don't help each other? Those folks would have pulled you out of that rubble and not asked you for even a thank you in return. Why would you NOT want to help them now? Sorry I don't see any logic in your argument, Let alone moral conscience.
    Please read the post above your quoted message - as this unfolds the facts seem to point out the solidity of the NO voters position . As I was once told by a fellow elected official, Morals may be good, but they are very hard to legislate .

    But aren't you the guy who talks about irresponsible spending? That's what this little piece of legislation is!!!!!!!!!!!!
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  9. #29
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Well, I think we've reached a stalemate, Marvin. I believe I did answer your question, but if you don't think so, lets just leave it be.

    I know you love this country, and please know that I do too.

    Have a Merry Christmas.....and remember we're all on the same side where it counts.

    Edit: stepped on my own pet peeve!
    Last edited by dnf777; 12-22-2010 at 09:27 AM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  10. #30
    Senior Member Steve Hester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    1,659

    Default

    The shame of this whole situation is that the legislators, BOTH Democrats and Republicans, have squandered the taxpayers money for so long and for such huge amounts, that we can't find the money to take care of our own because it's all been wasted on wars, foreign aid to other countries, huge abuses of all the handout programs, taking care of ILLEGAL aliens (that's people who are breaking the law by even being in our country), ridiculous tax cuts, extending unemployment forever, etc, etc, etc....

    My point is that so much money is wasted by both parties, depending on what spending they think will get them re-elected, there is no money left for things that maybe should be taken care of by the government. You can all argue until the country falls apart about whether it's the Democrats' or the Republicans' fault, but it is BOTH. America has become a country of entitlements, where some people who can yell the loudest expect the government to take care of them, and the Congress and President do it so they can get re-elected. Pork is no longer "the other white meat", but is now "the legal way to steal from American taxpayers." Government has become way too big, and the pendulum has swung way too far to the side of spending our way into bankruptcy through the "if it feels good, do it" and the "if it will get me votes to get re-elected, do it" programs. If our legislators don't get serious about America's financial health, our country won't even be a significant factor on the world stage in the future. We won't be the world superpower, we won't be the land of opportunity, the dollar will no longer be the world accepted currency, and we sure as hell won't be able to save the world because we won't even have the money to buy fuel for the ships and airplanes to send the help to anyone.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •