The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: healthcare for 911 first responders

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    But aren't you the guy who talks about irresponsible spending? That's what this little piece of legislation is!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I profoundly disagree! But that's ok.

Hey, we can shut down the Afghanistan operations from now until New Years, and give the troops a Christmas vacation. The money we save will pay for the program.

I admit, there is a HUGE emotional component to my position. Maybe if we're a Christian Nation, as someone suggested on another thread, that's is ok. I can't look at that famous picture of the firefighter carrying the little child from the rubble, and not tear up, and feel they deserve to be taken care of for the effects they suffer from those days. We haven't really even discussed the mental scars and PTSD many undoubtedly suffer.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Why is this bill named after a person who died from drugs and not from 911? You bleeding hearts make it sound like these people are not getting their medicals bills paid. The trail lawyers are the only ones that will make out on this because it basically sets up a fund for future claims. We have already paid out a lot of money to most if not all of the victims or their families. Also, like usual, there are no specific guidelines to be followed. No protocal to screen the claims. Money will end up going not to the intended recipients but to people trying to play the system!!!!!!!!! And of course the trail lawyers. Ah maybe that's why the dems are trying push this through before they are thrown out on their butts! Another pay off as the door hits them in the arse!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hester View Post
    The shame of this whole situation is that the legislators, BOTH Democrats and Republicans, have squandered the taxpayers money for so long and for such huge amounts, that we can't find the money to take care of our own because it's all been wasted on wars, foreign aid to other countries, huge abuses of all the handout programs, taking care of ILLEGAL aliens (that's people who are breaking the law by even being in our country), ridiculous tax cuts, extending unemployment forever, etc, etc, etc....

My point is that so much money is wasted by both parties, depending on what spending they think will get them re-elected, there is no money left for things that maybe should be taken care of by the government. You can all argue until the country falls apart about whether it's the Democrats' or the Republicans' fault, but it is BOTH. America has become a country of entitlements, where some people who can yell the loudest expect the government to take care of them, and the Congress and President do it so they can get re-elected. Pork is no longer "the other white meat", but is now "the legal way to steal from American taxpayers." Government has become way too big, and the pendulum has swung way too far to the side of spending our way into bankruptcy through the "if it feels good, do it" and the "if it will get me votes to get re-elected, do it" programs. If our legislators don't get serious about America's financial health, our country won't even be a significant factor on the world stage in the future. We won't be the world superpower, we won't be the land of opportunity, the dollar will no longer be the world accepted currency, and we sure as hell won't be able to save the world because we won't even have the money to buy fuel for the ships and airplanes to send the help to anyone.
    Bingo! Good point.

Banned

I speak for myself - create my own sound bites - & believe I am like many self reliant citizens of this country. Though I have listened to many long winded dissertations on how I am wrong .

So here goes, as long as you refuse to answer. Don't you have any canned sound bites besides waving a flag. 1st &foremost, Charly Schumer, Reid's main attack dog, has his name on the bill. If one supports the bill, they are not interested in keeping spending down as professed - if one does not support the bill, they are hard hearted. I personally consider it an easy call, this is a NY issue, either the city or the state should pick up the tab. There have already been countless victim's funds, legislation passed to ease the pain, no income tax on disability bennies, the list just goes on. There comes a point in time that enough is enough, apparently the city/state has decided in some circumstances these folks are no longer eligible for work &/or additional benefits. Why should the US taxpayer foot the bill for anything additional?

While this is not on subject, it is similar. A little over a year ago 4 officers were shot to death in a coffee shop prior to going on shift. The spin on how they were warming up their computers, work related ? & how they are heroes has reached the nauseating stage for many around here. It's a constant parade of memorials & feel good for the cops routines that just goes on & on. But the cold bare facts are: they have a guild that protects all their brothers & sisters in the face of some fairly bad actions on their part, they are well compensated for the thought they might have to lay their life on the line (question being - is a first responder's life worth any more than someone in the private sector killed while at work, according to our laws, apparently so, their widow's become wealthy overnight). It's a faily routine thing around here to find that many of the 1st responders are more prone to doing despicable things than the general populace.

So the emotional stuff doesn't get it with me, at least not the employment related stuff.

Please read the post above your quoted message - as this unfolds the facts seem to point out the solidity of the NO voters position . As I was once told by a fellow elected official, Morals may be good, but they are very hard to legislate .

But aren't you the guy who talks about irresponsible spending? That's what this little piece of legislation is!!!!!!!!!!!!
    One thought for you Marvin, the Terrorists didn't attack New York on 9-11, they attacked the United States of America. To try and say only 'New Yorkers" have a financial responsibility towards those who responded doesn't seem right to me. Just saying. Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    One thought for you Marvin, the Muslim Terrorists didn't attack New York on 9-11, they attacked the United States of America. To try and say only 'New Yorkers" have a financial responsibility towards those who responded doesn't seem right to me. Just saying. Merry Christmas
    Fixed.
    It's good to hear a "middle of the road independent" admit it.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I don't know. Why was any federal aid sent to the PacNW when Mt. St.Helens erupted? It was a local event.

Odd. Terrorists hit America. Kill 3000 from all 50 states, disrupt national and global economies, every flight in the US grounded for 3 days (except Saudis fleeing the country by executive order) people from all over responded during crisis, the President of the United States stood on the rubble with a bullhorn, arm in arm with first responders.....and you call it a NY thing?

But you have no problem with a multi-trillion dollar war that we are still engaged in? Gee, that's a pretty big commitment from two presidents for just a NY thing!

Wow, if you're just pullin' my leg, I fell for it. (giving you an out here)

You ARE kidding, right?
    Say, weren't those Saudis that the Bush administration flew out of the U.S. of the Muslim religion???????????
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 12-22-2010 at 11:02 AM.

Banned

Mt St Helens is on federal property, though we are not discussing that event, it would also be one where the aid if I had a vote would have been miserly. Those folks chose to live there, geologic events happen!!!!!!

I have not forgotten the fact, though some on this forum have, that 3,000 innocent people were killed. I also have not forgotten their country of origin. As for GWB & the bullhorn, it was the only way someone of his class could rally the country. I am most thankful it was not algore or one of the other incompetents foisted off on the country as progressives.

NO, I am not kidding!!!!!!!!!! I am not happy with the war & the prosecution of same, but do believe we need to be there, but in a different manner. I am not happy with the open checkbook philosophy started by GWB & continued by BHO, & believe there to have been a better way. But it shows what a joke our public agencies: CIA, State Dept, etc. have become with the 70% rate of progressives in their employ.

Now for the 3rd time - what are your ideas, justify why you believe I should pay for 1 0unce of HC for an employee of a state that is basically bankrupt. They hired the employee, set the terms & conditions, I had no input, why would you consider me remotely responsible for what they do???????????????
    Al Gore probably would not have ignored and taken it serious that CIA reports in August 2001 of inpending attacks by airplanes were iminent.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    Wipe the drool off of your chin, you blithering idiot. Yours is not the only opinion or the correct opinion, you sanctimonious a$$hole.
    There you go resorting to name calling again just like the righies do every time when confronted.

Banned

Mt St Helens is on federal property, though we are not discussing that event, it would also be one where the aid if I had a vote would have been miserly. Those folks chose to live there, geologic events happen!!!!!!

I have not forgotten the fact, though some on this forum have, that 3,000 innocent people were killed. I also have not forgotten their country of origin. As for GWB & the bullhorn, it was the only way someone of his class could rally the country. I am most thankful it was not algore or one of the other incompetents foisted off on the country as progressives.

NO, I am not kidding!!!!!!!!!! I am not happy with the war & the prosecution of same, but do believe we need to be there, but in a different manner. I am not happy with the open checkbook philosophy started by GWB & continued by BHO, & believe there to have been a better way. But it shows what a joke our public agencies: CIA, State Dept, etc. have become with the 70% rate of progressives in their employ.

Now for the 3rd time - what are your ideas, justify why you believe I should pay for 1 0unce of HC for an employee of a state that is basically bankrupt. They hired the employee, set the terms & conditions, I had no input, why would you consider me remotely responsible for what they do???????????????
    What about people that live in other states that are affected by hurricanes? Do they not receive Federal Aid FEMA??????????? Should we not help them because they chose to live where they live??????????Why should someone from say South Dakoda contribute any money for hurricane aid?????? How about people from California who are now suffering from many inches of rain should we in Florida not approve of any Federal Aid to them just because it is not raining here????

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    As it currently stands, it needs 6-7 billion dollars. That's two weeks in Afghanistan. We, as patriotic Americans who support our first responders can't come up with this? I mean, we hammered out a compromise on a 800 billion tax break for the rich, and benefits for the unemployed.......we can't come up with less than 1/100th of that for our heroes who are NOT rich and NOT unemployed? Where was the delay while we worked out "details" about tax breaks for those already getting loopholes, etc?

I'm not sure who was quoted, but surely they are not referring to a GOP congress when they say "fiscal concerns are paramount"??? Its Christmas time, not April fool's Day!
    Hey, I know why don't we find the missing money that was sent to Iraq and use that money to help the first responders we would even have some money left over.

$12 BILLION IN IRAQ AID MISSING
    Bush Administration OK�d Biggest Theft of Taxpayer Money in History
    http://www.americanfreepress.net/htm...d_missing.html