The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: health care ?

Default health care ?

i have a question on health care please no spin right or left do you belive it will save money? will it be good for all or just the ones at the bottom like the ones that don't work drug addicted, undocumented aliens etc.the only good i can see i got out of it was i got rid of a worthless representive now he will have to find a job.the goverment any more is worthless and have lost the trust of the average person.

I believe that any time the government tells you a government program is going to save the country money, you better guard your wallet. This mistrust is well earned by both Democrats and Republicans.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

I don't think ANYONE on either side is stating this will save money. It can't.

Simple supply-demand economics control:
    - with little or no change in medical services supplied
    - more people covered = more demand = increased prices.

Demand for Medical services have not been elastic or price sensitive.

IMO This is going to cost a lot more than projected.

There have been a few changes to my healthcare related expenses that I don't like as a result of Obamacare. They are going to cost ME more money...I am sure that someone else will save some though, but not any of us that are out paying for it with our tax dollars.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pat addis View Post
    i have a question on health care please no spin right or left do you belive it will save money? will it be good for all or just the ones at the bottom like the ones that don't work drug addicted, undocumented aliens etc.the only good i can see i got out of it was i got rid of a worthless representive now he will have to find a job.the goverment any more is worthless and have lost the trust of the average person.
    You seem to think the health care bill will only be good for drug addicts and illegal aliens. There are alot of people without health care coverage who have lost their jobs and cannot afford Cobra insurance or people that have pre existing conditions that regular health care insurers will not cover. But here is something I found to help answer your question:

After months of heated debate and partisan rhetoric, the time has finally come. Nobody is completely happy with the health care reform bill, and many people still have their doubts even if they voiced support for the plan.
    Representative Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) had been voicing strong opposition because the bill lacked a public option, in the end however, he changed his stance in order to fight for something, anything, which looks remotely like reform.

According to the CBO, a non-partisan body organized to provide cost estimates on pending legislation, the health reform package would cost $940 billion over a ten-year span. It should be noted that this averages out to just $94 billion annually, and the program fits completely within the U.S. budget.
    According to the CBO projections, this bill will cover 32 million of this nation’s 47 million uninsured; bringing the national total to nearly 95 percent coverage. It will reduce the deficit by roughly $138 billion over the first ten years, and by $1.2 trillion over twenty years.
    http://www.economyincrisis.org/conte...-save-us-money

First of all it has efficencies, because it address health needs before they becore dire. The fact that so many more are covered and paid by an employer will distribute the burden more evenly instead of the insured compansating the uninsured. As a small business owner, the tax credits make it more affordable to provide to employees, making them compeitive when hiring employees.

Will the cost be less, no and maybe more, but the overall benefit to society is large and justifies any additional cost. Healthcare is like the Fram Oil Filter commerical, you can pay me now or pay me later, impling that later is more expensive. When someone can treat a cold with shot of antibiotics instead of a hospital stay for phuemonia, I think we should change the oil filter.

i have a question on health care please no spin right or left do you belive it will save money? Hell No! will it be good for all or just the ones at the bottom like the ones that don't work drug addicted, undocumented aliens etc. Hell No!the only good i can see i got out of it was i got rid of a worthless representive now he will have to find a job.the goverment any more is worthless and have lost the trust of the average person. Hell Yes!
    But that's just my opinion.....
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

According to the CBO, a non-partisan body organized to provide cost estimates on pending legislation, the health reform package would cost $940 billion over a ten-year span. It should be noted that this averages out to just $94 billion annually, and the program fits completely within the U.S. budget.
    According to the CBO projections, this bill will cover 32 million of this nation’s 47 million uninsured; bringing the national total to nearly 95 percent coverage. It will reduce the deficit by roughly $138 billion over the first ten years, and by $1.2 trillion over twenty years.
    http://www.economyincrisis.org/conte...-save-us-money
    1) I'll believe it when I see it.

2) This statement cited was 3/2010. I believe that since then the CBO has back-pedaled on the rosy estimates made then.

3) $94 billion for 5 yrs is about the amount they are taking out of Medicare to put into Obamacare. Using that as a basis, it should be practically "free", right?

4) If Medicare is having problems now, how can they take $500 billion away from its funding and make things better for the Medicare fund? BTW, Medicare is not "free" to seniors. Seniors pay about $300/mo (individual) for coverage that includes a decent plan for prescription drugs. Andy Griffith notwithstanding, the "donut hole" out-of-pocket may not be such a great deal "saving seniors 50% on brand name drugs" ... if the cost of those brand-name drugs is stratospheric.

5) No tort reform at all in Obamacare. Seems like a pretty obvious, egregious oversight. Or was it not an oversight?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Banned

Nothing I've seen in the bill will lower costs of healthcare. All those provisions were stripped or ignored. However, one major advantage this bill gives consumers is that it will supposedly prevent insurers from dropping customers (this is a very common practice now) if you become sick, or otherwise un-profitable to them. It also is supposed to prevent them from denying pre existing conditions. However, since it does little to control costs, my best guess is that insurers will increase rates.