The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Net Neutrality Coup

Default The Net Neutrality Coup

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...inion_LEADTop=

http://tinyurl.com/2ex43tj

The campaign to regulate the Internet was funded by a who's who of left-liberal foundations.

By JOHN FUND
    WSJ, Dec 21, 2010

The Federal Communications Commission's new "net neutrality" rules, passed on a partisan 3-2 vote yesterday, represent a huge win for a slick lobbying campaign run by liberal activist groups and foundations. The losers are likely to be consumers who will see innovation and investment chilled by regulations that treat the Internet like a public utility.

There's little evidence the public is demanding these rules, which purport to stop the non-problem of phone and cable companies blocking access to websites and interfering with Internet traffic. Over 300 House and Senate members have signed a letter opposing FCC Internet regulation, and there will undoubtedly be even less support in the next Congress.

-more-

When it all shakes out I think we will see a ruling where the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has zero jurisdiction over the World Wide Web!

That's not to say that Big Brother wouldn't like to control content, ISP, meddle in contracts, taxes and other acts of control.
    Last edited by Franco; 12-22-2010 at 01:18 PM.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

why don't they go ask the "founder of the internet" what he wants to do
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

The DC Circuit Court of Appeals in April (Comcast v FCC) ruled that the FCC has no jurisdiction over the Internet. This could turn out to be as good as a dog food fight because the FCC is blantantly violating the decision of the Ct. I've not found any reference to the Administration filing an appeal to the Supreme Ct so the DC Circuit is the ruling decision.

If you read the full article you'll find some fairly disturbing things that could be a harbinger of things to come now that the legislative avenue is closing down.

Eric

Yes because ISP's telling people where they can and can't go is SOOO much better than the FCC saying they aren't allowed to do that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...inion_LEADTop=

http://tinyurl.com/2ex43tj

The campaign to regulate the Internet was funded by a who's who of left-liberal foundations.

By JOHN FUND
    WSJ, Dec 21, 2010

The Federal Communications Commission's new "net neutrality" rules, passed on a partisan 3-2 vote yesterday, represent a huge win for a slick lobbying campaign run by liberal activist groups and foundations. The losers are likely to be consumers who will see innovation and investment chilled by regulations that treat the Internet like a public utility.

There's little evidence the public is demanding these rules, which purport to stop the non-problem of phone and cable companies blocking access to websites and interfering with Internet traffic. Over 300 House and Senate members have signed a letter opposing FCC Internet regulation, and there will undoubtedly be even less support in the next Congress.

-more-
    I heard a different take. The big suppliers, Comcast, Phone companies, etc, who control the access to the internet are trying to sell that access to the highest bidders. In other words, if you want to do business on the internet, if you want your site to be available to people surfing around the net, you got to pay up. This legislation attempts to keep the internet free for access to all. In my book that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    I heard a different take. The big suppliers, Comcast, Phone companies, etc, who control the access to the internet are trying to sell that access to the highest bidders. In other words, if you want to do business on the internet, if you want your site to be available to people surfing around the net, you got to pay up. This legislation attempts to keep the internet free for access to all. In my book that's a good thing.
    The internet may be free where you live but I have to pay $40. month for it!

If the FCC wins the right to govern the internet within our boarders, you can bet you'll be paying more. Never in history has our huge Federal Government ever controlled anything and made it better for tax payers financially!!!
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

The FCC (at least at this point) is arguing that no one controls the internet. They aren't making a power grab that are saying companies can't limit access to those paying customers. Comcast has shutdown internet to some people current on their payments because it was deemed they were using more than their fair share even though there is nothing in the contract stating comcast will limit bandwidth based on customer following the law.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    This legislation attempts to keep the internet free for access to all. In my book that's a good thing.
    To begin, this isn't legislation. This was passed by a vote of 3-2 by a regulatory agency. That's fewer folks than even a Congressional sub-committee.

This could very well be a hint of the way things will be implemented in the future. Without a law, just a couple of hand-picked administrators, the Federal government could, for instance, ban retrievers from the WMA.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    To begin, this isn't legislation. This was passed by a vote of 3-2 by a regulatory agency. That's fewer folks than even a Congressional sub-committee.

This could very well be a hint of the way things will be implemented in the future. Without a law, just a couple of hand-picked administrators, the Federal government could, for instance, ban retrievers from the WMA.

Eric
    All to familiar with Hand Picked Administrators, beholden to NO one running state agencies....Bay Area Air Quality, State Water Board, Cal Recycle, Cal Air Resources Board, etc..etc...etc....

SCUM SUCKERS in my book, elected by NO ONE, telling me what I can and can not do, limiting my rights, imposing regulations on this and that, never putting it before the people....hell, even the elected legislators in California CHOOSEN by the people can not reel in these admisistrators and reglatory bodies/councils. Problem is once you let even ONE of these councils/reglatory agencies/commissions etc in...they extend their tenticles out to touch on just about every avenue of your life....take the CARB...they control SO MUCH of our everyday life now, they have extended themselves into more than just the AIR...ground water, recycling, AG, utilities...its getting REALLY UGLY

LIBERAL PHLISOPHY...the people of this nation are to stupid to know what is good for them so we will tell them what is good for them and make them abide by it....

CALIFORNIA SUCKS

NCA
    Last edited by Nor_Cal_Angler; 12-22-2010 at 11:58 PM.